anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trial subscription issue  (Read 8419 times)

Smf_333

Trial subscription issue
« on: November 15, 2009, 12:47:35 AM »
Hi Guy's,

Very long story but I'm now just about at the end of my tether so lets see if anyone here can help me out with this.

Right, I like many tried out the 7 day free trial for 'Real Time Tracking' I was under the impression (stupidly i know, but it's not a crime) that I would be able to have it for the rest of my years free subscription.
I read somewhere on the forums that this was possible, I admit that this was probably not the case as after I got my hands slapped by Airnav for lying, I looked for the post in the forums and couldn't find it. As I said, I accepted this and asked for my original ''Free'' years subscription to be given back (This was after they cut me off)

Ok, so I'm back with the free 5 min delayed network and I'm happy again.

19th of October £45.50 dissapears from my bank account from Plimus for my Airnav 'Real time radar' subscription, hang on I cancelled that!

Another email to Airnav, and 24hrs later a reply stating that I've been charged for my real time subscripton! I CANCELLED IT!!!!
Right, more emails asking for them to give me my money back and at last an email stating ''you have been refunded'' A few days wait, and nothing! Another email asking where the hell is my refund? Again another email ''please contact PayPal you have been refunded'' I contact Paypal and guess what, you guessed it no money!

I've had to open a dispute with paypal who have in turn contacted Plimus to get my money back, and Plimus proudly state that my account has been closed. Great. Now I have no money and no 5 min delayed radar!! (FOR 3 DAYS!)

What an awful, awful company! If i'd known back in July that buying this thing was going to cause me so much upset I'd have bought from SBS instead
All i want is my money back and my FREE years subscription AS PAYED FOR!

Oh and the reason I'm posting this here?  Well I've now stopped getting replies from Airnav, great customer service guy's GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK PLEEEEASE!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:51:08 PM by AirNav Support »

MrT

Re: Why won't Airnav give me my money back??????????????????
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:43:33 AM »
I thought twice before trying out the Live Network free trial for this very reason.

I tried out the free trial of ACARS and they tried to charge me for it before the trial was up.

Lucky for me I had insufficient funds in my account and their debit failed! Quite funny really.

Good luck.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:47:44 AM by MrT »

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:34:43 AM »
Hang on a minute............

I wouldn't normally get involved in this sort of nonsense - but I'm a tad fed up of trawling through this sort of stuff on forums................

Pity you didn't go down the SBS route initially then??

Why are you so adamant it's AirNavs issue?

It's not uncommon for blockages to occur when money is refunded via the internet - having worked in the financial sector for almost 30 years, dealing with card paymenys and refunds, it's a minor miracle that anything gets back to the customer in such circumstances, in the time scales people expect!

You should have sufficient information to clear your issues with the transaction provider, who as usual will "hang on" to any monetary amounts for as long as they legally can for obvious reasons.If it is then AirNavs issue well you've got a point, but to come on here with criticism  because of something you cannot sort out through the correct channels is ridiculous!

Always easy to blame the end recipient in these cases when things don't work.

AirNav - any views on this before the bandwaggon roles into town?

Rich

pcochrane12

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »
could agree more rich plimus caused me no end of problems with my acars account which airnav bent over backwards to resolve for me
paul

Smf_333

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:53:20 AM »
First I'm a very patient and easy to get along with person, who normally won't complain about anything. I love my Radarbox, I would say its in the top five things that I think I've bought that I really could'nt be without.

But, to answer you Marpleman. I spent £390 pounds for a product and I expect much better service. Now I'm not going to say I'v been completely blameless here as I didn't fully understand the terms of the Real Time Radar service. But, if i return a product here in the U.K. in the condition it was sold, unopend and in one piece I can expect my money back. I don't give a flying monkeys who's to blame (plimus or Airnav) it's Airnav's product I bought, they should be doing all the running around to make ME happy! Not me coming on here arguing with other members!

I have 18 emails I've sent to Airnav to try and sort this, how many do you expect me to send to get this cleared? I don't care who's to blame, i just want my hard erned back!

''AirNav - any views on this before the bandwaggon roles into town?'' I take it then, I'm not the only one who's been treated this way!

Can't believe I've had to come on here and do this, all I want is a bl##dy refund!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:02:15 PM by AirNav Support »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:06:17 PM »
I'm sure that this will be resolved, but bombarding AirNav with emails isn't going to make it happen any faster.  I had an issue where I forgot to cancel a trial subscription for AirNav ACARS Decoder 2 and it was sorted out by AirNav quickly and efficiently - just give everybody a chance.

If you have emailed AirNav at [email protected] then there will be a 'ticket' on their system and they will respond it it.  If the payment is being handled by Plimus, then your issue is with them.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:02:33 PM by AirNav Support »

Smf_333

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »
Done that Allocator (got a ticket) but it's not helped.

Just checked my emails again this morning and at last Plimus have sent an email stating that I've been refunded.............. Guess what, No money!

Why should you be banned.  You would appear to have a genuine grievance and would like to get it sorted out - we all understand that.

I'm sure that this will be resolved, but bombarding AirNav with emails isn't going to make it happen any faster.  I had an issue where I forgot to cancel a trial subscription for AirNav ACARS Decoder 2 and it was sorted out by AirNav quickly and efficiently - just give everybody a chance.

If you have emailed AirNav at [email protected] then there will be a 'ticket' on their system and they will respond it it.  If the payment is being handled by Plimus, then your issue is with them.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Trial subscription issue
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 01:01:34 PM »
Hi Smf_333

Firstly we understand your frustrations and let me apologise. This is a rare occurrence and our trial system has been running for years and if we were in the process of doing fraud we would have been shut down a long time ago.

The reality is with the forum as well you will see there has been little complaints about the trial subscription and we always refund when asked.

I have had a quick check of support emails and we did ask you to contact paypal. Unfortunately there has been a breakdown on either plimus or paypals side. From what we can see plimus has refunded.

If paypal do not help issue put through an escalation trough paypal will should cause it either to be refunded via paypal or for them to contact plimus directly and get it rectified.

If you do a quick search on paypal you will see technical issue such as these happen quite often.

Please understand we did try and help and you and certainly were not trying to ignore you. Our presence on these forums also shows our commitment to customer support.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 01:09:06 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 01:41:56 PM »
I've also found that electronic refunds through PayPal and NatWest (nothing whatsoever to do with Plimus or AirNav!) usually take three working days to actually appear, although if I'm paying out NW debit my account immediately, and the recipient won't have it show up in their account for 3 - 5 days - someone, somewhere sits on my lucre and earns interest on it!!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Smf_333

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 03:57:26 PM »
At Last!

Thank you Airnav for finally communicating the problem with me.

I’m not a person who will go off at just nothing, and I’d never accuse you of fraud.
The complete lack of any help or understanding on your behalf (via the email system) has been the biggest pain of all through this, if I’d had the post you just sent 2 weeks ago I wouldn’t have felt compelled to come on here and rant about my money. It doesn’t look good on your company, and it makes me feel like a twit going on like a psycho when I should be just enjoying your GREAT product.

I’m not even bothered now that I’m not getting the last 8 months of my years free subscription because I really have had enough with all the upset it’s caused.

I’ve had lots of business with various companies on the web and most manage to sort any problems in days, sometimes hours. This fiasco had me bouncing from yourselves to Plimus to Paypal for the better part of a month. Now I know this may not have been your fault, but like the captain of a ship if anything goes wrong in the chain of command you’re the one who’s ultimately going to get it.

I will again tomorrow get in touch with Paypal to stick my size twelve’s up their backsides too, and hopefully this will get sorted.

Thanks again. Smf

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 04:26:26 PM »
ANSupport, just as matter of clarification - why do you use Plimus (I've just Googled it, and there seems to be a lot of complaints about them), surely it would be better and cheaper for you and us customers, if you have direct control over Debits/Credits?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Smf_333

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2009, 04:14:49 PM »
Update, 2 days even futher on. . . . . . Still no money!

I'll keep updating this until you give me my money back (or I get banned like all the others) Then I'm going to start ringing until I get my money back.
Get in touch with Plimus (if it is ideed their fault, and tell them to give me my money back!)

Basic them of this post. GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 04:22:00 PM »
Smf_333,

Plimus has informed us as we told you that they have refunded you. We have asked you to contact paypal if they do not listen to put a dispute with them, that will recover your money.

Our details and plimus details all match correctly in showing the refund was sent.
I am sorry we cannot give you better news but it needs to be paypal you need to contact to chase, to us it seems there has been a techincal issue there side (Not the first time)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

hardwarewizz

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »
Hi Smf_333,

When you login on the paypal site you can see that plimus did a refund or not. In case of a refund from plimus it could take a week or longer to get it on your bank account.
This is not caused by Plimus or Airnav but by Paypal.
A few months ago i asked a refund for Acars decoder 2. Just a day later the refund was done and received by Paypal but after that i have to wait two weeks before paypal send my money back on my bank account.
My advice, take a look at the paypal site and try to find the refund from plimus. When the refund is done just sit and wait because paypal is very slow in refund cases.

Good luck.....

Best regards from Walter

Smf_333

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
Hi Walter thanks for that but I did all the above weeks ago, and I've never had a 'refund' in my account at all.

Airnav support, thanks for the reassuring words but thats all they are!

I have again been in touch with Paypal (by phone this time) who have assured me that they have had no comunication at all with Airnav or Plimus. Indeed since I escelated the dispute they have still not heard anything from them.

I'm not too vexed now however because they assured me that even if these two ''companies'' don't get in touch with them (within 10 days) I'll still get my money back. He did say that  even if there was a tenchnical problem with any point of the system, they (Airnav or Plimus) could have just called them to give me my money back weeks ago which they did not do!

The fact that neither of these companies have been in touch with Paypal say's alot about how they do business and treat their customers. Before everyone starts having a go at me, I'm well aware that you've not had any problem with Airnav and I'm really happy for you, and for your sakes it stays that way.

Anyway, once i do get my refund I'm registering with another company for my network traffic, i mean, it couldn't possibly be any worse than this lot.

I won't post again as I'm considering this matter now closed. I do hope that Airnav takes MUCH better care of all their remaining customers or i'm sure they'll take their money to other now starting companies.

smf.