anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ARB taking time to populate My Flights on start-up  (Read 10625 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: ARB taking time to populate My Flights on start-up
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:30 AM »
A lot of this depends on your database size. RB does a check to make sure its not working on a corrupted database.

If your database has been gaining information for a years it will be slow to load up. There are functions in the mylog interface to clean out old flights which might improve the loading times.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

MikeC

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »
A lot of this depends on your database size. RB does a check to make sure its not working on a corrupted database.

If your database has been gaining information for a years it will be slow to load up. There are functions in the mylog interface to clean out old flights which might improve the loading times.

But my databases are pretty empty to say the least!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:18 AM »
Check AVG settings as well, that was a main culprit in the past slowing down loading.
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:44 AM »
Hi

I always get this slowness too and I have exceptions in AVG so I don't think it's anything to do with that, I have no corrupt database and a very new PC. I have noticed that when I start the application the message "Contacting server for weather information" appears and once this weather information is received then the My Flights list populates as quickly as it should do.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 09:58:05 AM »
I know I'm normally the one not seeing the same problems as everyone else, but I'm not seeing a startup problem.  Back in June, I reported a startup time of approx. 50-60 seconds - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2855.msg25526#msg25526

My v3.08 startup times:
31 seconds for the logon box to appear
another 18 seconds for aircraft to appear in MyFlights
Or 43 seconds total startup when using the /connect parameter

So, if anything, a slightly quicker startup in v3.08, but not enough to be significant.  Makes me wonder why others are seeing this problem - must be PC specific.

I only startup RB about once a week, and then leave it permanently running.  Overnight, I put the PC into hybrid sleep, and RB continues running the next day when the PC comes out of hybrid sleep.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:01:18 AM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 10:01:36 AM »
The software also puts stuff in memory at that time to make the process quicker when its actually running. If there is already lots in your memory then a bit of swapping occurs which slows things down.

Overal we are not that fussed about the load time unless its really long. There are things it does have to load and check and I don't think we can speed it up without causing issues.

Maybe something for future versions but not for Version 3 full build.
[email protected]

Runway 31

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2009, 10:13:03 AM »
I'm not really fussed about it, a couple of minutes is nothing to worry about.  V3.08 takes around the same time as V2.01 was so I dont see any significant change.

As far as I am concerned the box is a superb piece of kit and I dont know how I managed alll those years without it.

Keep up the good work AirNav.

Alan

dudbaker

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2009, 11:16:00 AM »
Hi

From click Icon to Validating Mylog.db3 complete 4 minutes 30 seconds.  I can live with this but my whole computers slows down.  Gets worse the longer it is open.  I have set not to share data or download photos but no help.  Photos still download.

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]
Valiant, Victor, Shackelton, Canberra, VC10, Tornado Typhoon 737 747 A320 A300 Engineer.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2009, 11:35:17 AM »
Hi

From click Icon to Validating Mylog.db3 complete 4 minutes 30 seconds.  I can live with this but my whole computers slows down.  Gets worse the longer it is open.  I have set not to share data or download photos but no help.  Photos still download.

Dudley

Dudley,

Remember that any photos that have already been downloaded whilst you have had 'download' selected are saved to your hard drive and will be visible even if you are not connected to the Internet.

dudbaker

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2009, 11:43:32 AM »
Allocator

Thanks for that.  In bottom right there is a caption All photo/Info requests done.  This changes to indicate downloading is taking place.

Dudley
Dudley Baker
Stansted
G8THH
[email protected]
Valiant, Victor, Shackelton, Canberra, VC10, Tornado Typhoon 737 747 A320 A300 Engineer.

radarspotter10

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2009, 01:09:48 PM »
hi all
Honestly some people are making mountains out of mole hills here, we are talking about 5 to 30 seconds in some computers at the most,  but i can see certain individuals on here trying to stir up trouble. (of course not rocket science to work out who it is)
from pat

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »
Now the network is back MyFlights list loads almost instantly when it was dlayed before. Great.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

MikeC

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2009, 02:29:39 PM »
Now the network is back MyFlights list loads almost instantly when it was dlayed before.

Same here, almost immediate list population.

But I do have a question.

Why did we experience delays if Share Flight Data, Photo and Route populate are all off when the network was down?  And why does the status bar show Photo Processing requests when I have turned them off?

radarspotter10

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2009, 02:37:06 PM »
Now the network is back MyFlights list loads almost instantly when it was dlayed before.

Same here, almost immediate list population.

But I do have a question.

Why did we experience delays if Share Flight Data, Photo and Route populate are all off when the network was down?  And why does the status bar show Photo Processing requests when I have turned them off?
hi al
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3786.0
read last post
from pat

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2009, 02:42:09 PM »
Why did we experience delays if Share Flight Data, Photo and Route populate are all off when the network was down?

Weather / QNH lookup.

And why does the status bar show Photo Processing requests when I have turned them off?

Registration lookup.