AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts for network flights  (Read 2843 times)

Harry

Alerts for network flights
« on: November 09, 2009, 05:02:12 AM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is mentioned before.
I have been filtering military hex codes and fligths with call signs beginning with rch since 2008-09-02. Due to limited time I havent been able to look at those results. It seems to me that I'm getting very few alerts during a day. Maybe only alerts from the flights I receive, but I'm not sure about that.

Is the network alert function working OK?

Harry
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 05:05:11 AM by Harry »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Alerts for network flights
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 07:55:17 AM »
I have been filtering military hex codes and fligths with call signs beginning with rch since 2008-09-02. Due to limited time I havent been able to look at those results. It seems to me that I'm getting very few alerts during a day. Maybe only alerts from the flights I receive, but I'm not sure about that.

This is expected behaviour.

The network only covers flight which have ADS-B, i.e. they broadcast position (otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them on the map).

Most military aircraft don't have ADS-B, for obvious reasons.

Therefore ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Harry

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »
Thanks!  I see.... I'm only interested in certain hex codes and not there position. Is there any change that in the near future also the alerts of non ads-b will be triggered? Otherwise it is for me clear that I don’t need the network subscription.

This is expected behaviour.

The network only covers flight which have ADS-B, i.e. they broadcast position (otherwise you wouldn't be able to see them on the map).

Most military aircraft don't have ADS-B, for obvious reasons.

Therefore ...

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 01:38:28 PM »
Thanks!  I see.... I'm only interested in certain hex codes and not there position. Is there any change that in the near future also the alerts of non ads-b will be triggered? Otherwise it is for me clear that I don’t need the network subscription.

I've seen that feature requested a number of times here on the forum (and personally I'd like to see it, too) but to date AirNav haven't agreed.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour