AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox is "blind" for the planes above my head  (Read 67309 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Radarbox is "blind" for the planes above my head
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2009, 02:21:56 AM »
We are still working on the blind rectangle problem. We sent a new .exe to 5 different users a few minutes ago (airdata, you are included) and we are waiting for their feedback.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2009, 03:57:53 AM »
Problem corrected (as confirmed by users in Australia and NZ). One step closer to V3.1 final release!

Mike_Tassy

« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2009, 05:13:10 AM »
My first test of approaching aircraft from north reveals...NO DROPOUTS
Seems the problem mite be fixed
Mike

OKC-Steve

« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:53 AM »
If it's not too embarrasing, maybe you can share the solution.  Some of us are interested in the CPR technical challenges.  I'm writing a decoder myself, and it is an interesting concept for sure.

shouriken

« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2009, 06:57:32 AM »
Looks good for me too.
First time I see take-off's from LROP :D

Thank you AirNav

Liviu
Liviu
A.net JetPhotos.Net
RadarBox
2xRTL USB + Franklin+Collinear antenna + PlanePlotter

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #125 on: November 22, 2009, 08:52:37 AM »
Problem corrected (as confirmed by users in Australia and NZ).

And working very well - after a few hours running you can already see far more coverage in the previous blackholes. Pink shows the new coverage so far :)

airdata

• Airdata
« Reply #126 on: November 22, 2009, 09:24:45 AM »
Nice to see that this problem has finally been resolved.  Coverage around Auckland has increased markedly.  In some areas range has increased by 60nm.  The polar diagram is taking on a whole new look.  All I need now is a few more aeroplanes!!

One small bug I got is the software swapping tags (route and flight ID) for 2 aircraft in the air at the same time with hex codes one digit apart.  This happened twice this evening with C81882 & C81883, and also with C81B14 & C81B15.  In both cases, the same flight ID and route was shown for both aircraft until one aircraft dropped off when the second aircraft's information corrected itself.
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

gleff

« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2009, 09:59:22 AM »
I have the following polar diagram.  Is this bug fix likely to improve it, or is it only in certain circumstances?  Or perhaps would a mast head amplifier kit improve things.  My antenna is located on my balcony railing on the 13th floor of my apartment building.  It faces other buildings though.  As you can see i've been able to reach approx. 400 kilometers away down south, and also a fair way west, but I don't have much distance out to sea or north.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 10:06:03 AM by gleff »
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #128 on: November 22, 2009, 10:32:27 AM »
I have the following polar diagram.  Is this bug fix likely to improve it, or is it only in certain circumstances?

My understanding of the blackholes around Sydney are/were approx here:

So if you were seeing the aircraft disappear from your radar screen in the area towards Canberra in the bottom right of square, then likely you will see them all the way to Canberra with the new software.

Or perhaps would a mast head amplifier kit improve things.  My antenna is located on my balcony railing on the 13th floor of my apartment building.

I'd suggest its unlikely, I have bought 2 thinking the first was faulty, and I get less coverage with the pre-amp on. Although I have no proof, I think the preamp may be overloading the front end of my RB. I have 10m of low loss coax to an external antenna.

My guess is your run would be too short (like mine) for a preamp to make any positive difference.

gleff

« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »
I guess i'll just have to wait and see then.. I'm not sure if i've had aircraft drop off the display since it happens a fair bit anywhere. 

Thanks for the info though..
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

Fenris

« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2009, 01:01:39 PM »
Problem corrected (as confirmed by users in Australia and NZ). One step closer to V3.1 final release!

Good to hear that. Are you able to indicate what other things are being worked on? Purely for interest....

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Good to hear that. Are you able to indicate what other things are being worked on? Purely for interest....

AFAIK, the other issue being worked on at the moment is spikes in the polar chart possibly caused by the real-time network.

bratters

« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »

AFAIK, the other issue being worked on at the moment is spikes in the polar chart possibly caused by the real-time network.

Interesting that Tarbat.  I notice that sometimes when I close Network - not realtime but 5min. delayed - one or more flights can still be seen outside, though generally close to, a polar diagram spike. These will appear in MyFlights but do respond to the cursor.

They disappear after a short while but there is no doubt that an occasional overlap/connection occurs between Network andMYFlights.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »

Hopefully issues in the plural - the widely-reported duplicate details (for similar hex codes) is on the list as well, I believe.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Fenris

« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
Pleased to hear about all that.

I still see the polar diagram fail to clear up its previously constructed lines in some cases, it's a minor thing but it never happened in v2.01 so it's a regression in my book.