anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released  (Read 112153 times)

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2009, 02:47:26 PM »
Alerts

For the record running 3.08 on Win7 Ultimate 64bit without any problems. Except my perennial problem with Alerts not always showing the pop up message when a registration matches my alert list.

cheers

Graham

airman

« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
Thanks Graham for your reply,
but the concerned page is reported unreachable!

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2009, 02:51:57 PM »
I need help with a fairly serious problem regarding RadarBox 2009 (running 3.08 beta).
I sometimes run the software continuously for several days before I restart it.  Well, today I did that and all my entries in the NavData.db3 that have accumulated since Nov 11 (the last NavData.db3.bak) to today are gone.  I have spent hours inputting information and now it is gone.
Can someone please explain to me how this is possible?  Is there any use in updating the DB using Database Explorer?

I also have a RadarBox 2.0 installed on the system, would this cause any problems?

What would make the software revert to the backup version?  I had no issues with the DB while I was using it.  Shouldn't there be some sort of warning when there is a problem with the NavData.db3?

Please and thank you.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 02:58:52 PM by YXUphoto »

Fenris

« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2009, 03:14:47 PM »
I think this will have been down to problems with the server. It seems that somehow when it did not receive the correct data from the various databases it uses it then repopulated our navdata.db3 with empty fields.

At least, that is what several reports have said here.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2009, 03:20:09 PM »
I think this will have been down to problems with the server. It seems that somehow when it did not receive the correct data from the various databases it uses it then repopulated our navdata.db3 with empty fields.

Yes, AirNav's recommended fix (apparently it was only certain users who were affected?) was to disable the download of aircraft details/photos.

Probably too late to help now for those who didn't follow that advice ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2009, 03:26:09 PM »

Yes, AirNav's recommended fix (apparently it was only certain users who were affected?) was to disable the download of aircraft details/photos.

Probably too late to help now for those who didn't follow that advice ...

If I disable the download of Aircraft details/photos will I still be getting my Reg/Airplane info/Photo show up on new Mode-S entries?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2009, 03:36:15 PM »
The server is now fixed so there is no need to do that now.

We apologise to those who have had issues.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #157 on: November 17, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »
Wish there was more control over the NavData.db3.  It appears that at any time all your updates can disappear.  As I have found out, even backing it up doesn't seem to do much good, because RB software will refuse the backups and revert to old versions.

Maybe this is asking too much, but is there program that would allow me to copy and paste data from/to NavData.db3 in large blocks?  Sort of like a spreadsheet, instead of just one item at a time using Database Explorer.

In that case I could keep my own list that I could paste back into NavData.db3 if/when my info disappears again.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
YXUphoto, I've never lost any database updates.

What operating system are you running?  And what folder is Radarbox installed to?

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #159 on: November 17, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »
Using Vista 32bit Basic.  After reading about the issues with accessing files that are installed to C:\Program Files I re-installed everything on D:\Radar Box 2009.

Don't think this is an issue with OS, it seems to me more an issue with the software.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »
If you have backups of the database and copy them back in it will use them as normal. If you have copied it into the correct RB folder, we are not sure how they will use older versions when they shouldn't exist anymore?
[email protected]

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »
I know, it doesn't make much sense.  I had an issue with that when I went from RB 2.0 to 3.06 beta where I would get a message (can't remember the exact wording) that said this DB is unusable.  I tried forcing the ANRB to use the new info by deleting the backup as well....or even creating my own new backup.

I'm not new to computers....I have been playing with things since MS-DOS and even did a bit of programming, so this is pretty frustrating to me.

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
Don't want to get too much off topic here....but just had an idea that would help me (and probably other RB users) with updates.

When you aren't connected to the network (I take my RB out when I go spotting at the airport and don't have internet available), it would be nice if ANRB could fill-in missing info even after it no loner tracks a particular Mode-S code.  Maybe have a button in the Database Editor that would retrieve the info from the network for a particular code (obviously the Mode-S code would have to get recorded in the NavData.db3 even if the Reg. wasn't know).

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2009, 04:10:15 PM »
There is the populate function which does exactly that in MyLog :)
[email protected]

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2009, 04:33:47 PM »
Updating the MyLog is nice...but does nothing to help you update the NavData.db3.