anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released  (Read 111818 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 11:13:03 AM »
Fenris/DaveReid: we have developed several routines to make sure that all the old SBS-1 users that daily upgrade to RadarBox can continue to use their favotite addon application with RadarBox.

Can you confirm that RadarBox 3.08 is 100% compatible with all SBS-1 addons / 30003 Port?

I'm afraid it will be a week or so before I get a chance to play with 3.08 as I'm up to my ears in database enhancements (having said that, the end product will potentially be of benefit to all RB users, once the beta phase is over).

Sorry !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2009, 01:27:24 PM »
AirNav,

Something I have noticed with 3.8. If you close the program using the File/Exit method it closes properly but using the top right Red X causes an error message
ANRB.Exe has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution
is available.
Then clicking close program clears the box with no sign of any errors.

I am running Windows Vista 32bit.

Mike

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2009, 01:42:44 PM »
Fenris/DaveReid: we have developed several routines to make sure that all the old SBS-1 users that daily upgrade to RadarBox can continue to use their favotite addon application with RadarBox.

Can you confirm that RadarBox 3.08 is 100% compatible with all SBS-1 addons / 30003 Port?

I'm afraid it will be a week or so before I get a chance to play with 3.08 as I'm up to my ears in database enhancements (having said that, the end product will potentially be of benefit to all RB users, once the beta phase is over).

Sorry !

Very strange answer considering you have asked so many times for this feature on this forum. Fortunately you have the time to write about other "problems".

Anyway we have good news: we have tested it with several beta testers and it works perfectly, so from now on RadarBox is 100% compatible with any SBS-1 addons.

Rgd V3.08 real-time network access: nothing has changed there and we have confirmed it works perfectly too (we had a minor network outage today so that could be the case for it).

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2009, 01:48:35 PM »
Very strange answer considering you have asked so many times for this feature on this forum. Fortunately you have the time to write about other "problems".

I've never claimed, nor aspired, to be a beta-tester, but if that's your attitude I won't bother to look at it at all.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »
3.08 running with JSTARS OK

Graham

darkskies74

• AOR 8000. Station EXTSHA196235
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2009, 07:51:39 PM »
Can I upgrade to 3.08 beta straight from 3.06 beta?
Have to upgrade as 3.06 beta just will not work on my laptop, continuous stream of error messages that spring up so fast I can't click them off fast enough!!
Was 32 NM SSW of YPPH.......where the sun shines.
Previously 31NM NNW of EGCC....where it didn't shine!
Now back near EGCC, Oh, how I miss the sun!!!

Jollygreen

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:22 PM »
AirNav

Can we have an answer re the signed driver as I do not want to upgrade until this is fixed.

Nigel

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2009, 08:14:45 PM »
V3.06 to V3.08: you can do the upgrade by replacing the exe only.

Signed driver: this has been one of the biggest challenges we've ever had at AirNav Syste.s We are fighting on this one on a daily basis. After 1 more week of contacts changed with Microsoft we are testing a new solution. Anyway my suggestion is not to postpone your upgrade because of this.

naird

• Beaver Tales
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 08:22:12 PM »
Running 3.06 with no problems. Tried to upload 3.08 from your link at the beginning of this thread. Unable to   >>>> anrb(1).exe unable to locatete Component  rb.dll was not found  <<<<<<  is this because I have disabled drivers to run ARNB on Vista!!???

Give me the simple life.

Neil

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 08:33:36 PM »
I believe you copied it to the wrong folder. Pls contact our support for a detailed explanation/help.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 08:34:18 PM »
since i installed 3.08 on my Vista Laptop, i get an error message from Windows on shutdown, something like ( i get the message in Dutch, but i'll try to translate it as close as possible for me ) :

ANRB.exe does not function/works anymore
you can search on-line for a solution to this problem

and then 2 options

----> online search for a solution

----> close the program

never had this problem before, and i only have it with Vista ; on my XP dektop all goes like it should
now, as i shut down ANRB, i know it is not working anymore ..... but why does Windows all the sudden keeps me reminding of that ???

Pinza

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 10:56:18 PM »
Just Installed 3.08 on my machine.

So far now problems,i removed AVG virus checker and installed Avast virus checker.

Thanks for that Paul.

I've been a long-term user of AVG - and very happy with it.

However, I've had issues with very long loading times of ANRB.

Upgraded to 3.08b last night and switched from AVG to Avast this evening.

ANRB loaded much, much quicker tonight - so think will proceed with switching to Avast.

Chris

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 11:25:31 PM »
Running 3.06 with no problems. Tried to upload 3.08 from your link at the beginning of this thread. Unable to   >>>> anrb(1).exe unable to locatete Component  rb.dll was not found  <<<<<<  is this because I have disabled drivers to run ARNB on Vista!!???

Hi Neil/AN, I did a direct swap of the 3.08 exe file replacing the 3.07 one, and getting exactly the same message.   Something not right somewhere.   

Because of all the problems we were experiencing, a week or so ago, did a complete re-format and fresh installation of Vista - what a lot of updates, and takes up 20+GB, after logging out, takes 2 minutes (instead of 12 secs)to shut machine down - not an AN issue - just picking everyone's brains for suggestions............
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

voyager8

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2009, 12:51:18 AM »
Hi all,ref the 3.08 exe error mesage,( using XP ). I initially got this while following the instruction to copy it to the airnav folder & overwrite the 3.07 exe,could not understand why programme opened still showing v3.07 not 3.08.Removed the 3.07 exe from the folder leaving the new 3.08 exe in its place,tried openning the programme using the desktop short cut,got message saying searching for exe,then realised that it was the v3.07 shortcut looking for the 3.08 exe,so created a new shortcut for the new 3.08 exe,put that on the desktop now works ok,have also restored the 3.07 exe to its original place in the same folder as the new 3.08 exe & that also works from its 3.07 short cut.I got fooled as only used to running the full installers before, first time I have just downloaded and installed just the exe file.Hope this may help someone else.Regards Paul.

Tramline

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2009, 08:57:37 AM »
V3.06 to V3.08: you can do the upgrade by replacing the exe only.

AirNav - as a technophobe I read this sort of thing in horror.  I'd have no idea even where to start here. 

Is it possible to upload a video to YouTube that provides an instructional video on how to do such 'technical' issues.

For me, the beauty of AirNav and the reason why I chose your system was the 'Plug-in and play' factor. 

I know this thread is about testing a new beta version, but I'm sure I speak for many who would welcome video tutorials IF system changes need to be made and so prevent deleting or corrupting the program and be left marooned without support.

Just my thoughts...
Located 2 miles South of LHR.