AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released  (Read 112049 times)

vassylad

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.08 Beta - Released
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2009, 07:29:30 PM »
Hi can I download V3.08 on top of V2.0 and if so, how on earth do I find the folder to rename it, sorry to sound so vague, I am currently running Windows Vista.

Thanks

Mike Vass

Fenris

« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 07:33:32 PM »
Hi can I download V3.08 on top of V2.0 and if so, how on earth do I find the folder to rename it, sorry to sound so vague, I am currently running Windows Vista.

You can open the properties of the program object you use to start RB, it will show you where it is located.

It might help if you copy the old .exe to a new name, I use anrb.exe.old, then save the new anrb.exe over the existing anrb.exe. That's all you need to do.

vassylad

« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 07:56:46 PM »
Thanks. When I open the link i get a part download and then I get the following message

anrb.exe-Unable To Locate Component

X This application has failed to start because rb.dll was not found.
   Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Then

anrb.exe has stopped working.

Fenris

« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2009, 10:08:46 PM »
Thanks. When I open the link i get a part download and then I get the following message

Then

So are you selecting to save the file? It can only do what you say if you try and run it from the wrong location.

skydancer1694e

« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2009, 11:24:13 PM »
I downloaded the beta and installed it. After the install completed and I started the program it would not load as it kept giving me one continuous memory error after another.  I had to kill the program.  I then had to uninstall it all and drop back to my previous version.  Needless to say there was no version rollback feature so I had to install fresh using the CD that came with my radarbox.

BTW I had lots of install problems when I did the very first install of the radar box back in August.  To say the least I think that AirNav needs to be more on top of the quirks associated with getting it installed properly.  At a minimum how about at least providing a rollback feature.

Aerotower

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2009, 12:47:10 AM »
Good night, JetBlue (U.S.) and Frontier (U.S.) do not possess a normal callsign, ie, they are only numbers.
It was not possible to do something so that these companies have their logos?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2009, 09:32:34 AM »
Good night, JetBlue (U.S.) and Frontier (U.S.) do not possess a normal callsign, ie, they are only numbers.
It was not possible to do something so that these companies have their logos?

The logo that's displayed is the one that corresponds to the first three letters of the Flight ID (i.e. the ICAO operator designator). 

While JetBlue and Frontier continue not to use their designators (JBU and FFT, respectively) in their Flight IDs, there's not much that RadarBox can do.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ANDREJ767

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2009, 02:23:01 PM »
Just instaled 3.08 and working OK so far - still I wonder why program dont remember color settings I make - runways to be orange colour for example.When I close RB and start it again it goeas todefault again.What should I change or am I working wrong something?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2009, 02:28:27 PM »
Andre - once you have changed your colour scheme, use the Export option and save it as Default.mcl. There is a continuing annoyance in RadarBox recently that it also seems to want to load Real Radar.mcl, so you could also export your colour scheme as that name.

Should solve your problem.

Rod
Rod

ANDREJ767

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2009, 03:39:56 PM »
Thank you very much - it helped to save settings as real Radar.mcl .

vassylad

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2009, 06:02:07 PM »
I get the sa

Then

Same result both when I run it or save it, should I download V3.07 first, then put V3.08 over that.

Is this another Vista problem or just mine?

Michael

Fenris

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2009, 06:07:52 PM »
Where do you have RB installed?

In Vista and Win7 it is highly recommended not to install in the Program Files directory tree because an unprivileged user is not allowed to write to files there.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2009, 06:24:55 PM »
Hi Brian and Michael, I've come to the conclusion that this is an AN glitch.   Because we were getting so many problems, I completely re-formatted the HDDs, loaded Vista from scratch, went on-line, and downloaded all the Updates (incl. Service Packs 1 and 2) - five days later!    Loaded ANRB 3.07 software into a new folder C:\AirNav Systems RB, when I plugged in the RB and was asked for Drivers, had to open the folder and then Driver sub-folder and away it went, but despite advice from Brian, Gary and others, still can't get 3.08 to run.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Fenris

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2009, 06:52:58 PM »
It never fails to amaze me how these things are broken for some people.

Personally I find that Vista and later make user permissions difficult, whereas show me a Unix box and it's far easier to understand what's wrong!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2009, 07:04:35 PM »
Hi Brian, even MS recognise the fact that Vista ain't so hot!  Hopefully, all may change with Win 7 (trouble is, if it's perfect from a user's point of view, no-one would want to upgrade to Win 8 - or Win 7.08 even ?)
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!