anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Home Location Problems  (Read 3065 times)

mjleprix

Home Location Problems
« on: November 03, 2009, 02:10:45 PM »
HI Guys
Recently I had noticed a variation in aircraft passing points against my home locator on the screen, They just weren't where I was expecting to see them in the sky as I had previously been used to. I rechecked my coordinates on Google and reentered them on the home locator page. On restarting I was now located almost in Birmingham instead of Stone. I then decded to try entering by centering  mouse to these new coordinates on the screen and right clicking and selecting new home location :this has in fact placed home location exactly
but when i go back in the home locator screen it is saying my home is now 30' further North than it actually is, which would tie up with it originally misplacing me 30' further south when I oriinally entered the coordinates. Hope someone is able to throw some light on why this would be. Indeed I hope my explanation helps you in this endeavour. Maybe not?
Thanks
Mike P

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Home Location Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:50:26 PM »
If your taking your position from gps site, take the decimal values they provide. Thats what RB inputs.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mjleprix

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 02:57:19 PM »
I took cordinates off Google . Is that different.

mjleprix

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »
Thanks Airnav I think I've got it now .You have to convert the cordinates ie N52:53:45 equates to 52.895858. I now understand.
Many thanks
Mike P

Roland28

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 02:14:29 AM »
I think that there IS a problem with Home Location in ver3.07.
When I try to enter the lat/lon as indicated on the GPS on my phone, the indicated position on the map is about 30 miles out. I have set my home position by zooming in, manually positioning the + with the aid of the indicated lat/lon display in the bottom left corner of the main ANRB screen and then setting that as my Home Location. I know that it is correct in relation to the extended runway at my local airport.

My home position is now correct but the indicated lat/lon settings on the Home Station Data page are incorrect. Up until ver 3.07 I have never had these problems.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 07:01:30 AM »
Are you sure that your mobile phone is displaying your position in decimal degrees?

for example:

51.1234  -1.1234

there are other ways of displaying position

Degrees and decimal minutes

Degrees, minutes and decimal seconds

Degrees, minutes and seconds

mjleprix

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 09:11:00 AM »
roland you have to convert the LAT/lon minutes to a percentage figure see my earlier memo. You can go on streetmap.co.uk for example locate your house by inputting postcode and your coordinates will be displayed .There is then another tab to convert it to decimal. These are the cord you key into the home locator. Its not the program its the format of the coordinates that you are getting wrong. Hope this helps

Roland28

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 08:44:52 PM »
Thanks for the info and help.
I switched my phone GPS display to decimal degrees and my home location is now spot on correct.