AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: If no picture displayed, then go direct to airliners.net  (Read 6205 times)

landyman

• IC-706, UBC3500XLT, ANRB.
If no picture displayed, then go direct to airliners.net
« on: November 02, 2009, 01:43:23 PM »
I spotted an AWACS flying overhead, so quickly switched on the PC running RB.

I was surprised to get an alert for an RAF one, ZH102, as the one I'd seen was approaching RAF Mildenhall.

Unfortunately no pictures were displayed, so I clicked on the "Photo not available" and to my surprise the full size picture appeared on the airliners website.

Returning to RB with another alert and found LX-N90447, so that was the one I'd seen.

Reg.

sterigia

• forza paris
Re: If no picture displayed, then go direct to airliners.net
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 03:30:59 PM »
it doesn't always work, a pity.
ciao
frank
ciao.
frank

carras320

• My Airliners.net Pictures
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 03:48:34 PM »
The same happens to me, sometimes the photo is not downloaded, I don´t know what is the problem but never shows the photo even if the aircraft is tracked again on a different day. But if you click on the "photo not available" the photo of the aircraft is opened on the browser.

Cheers

landyman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »
Carras,

After reading your post, I checked in my pics folder and there were two pictures with a date/time stamp 90 seconds after the time of the alert.  So they did eventually get downloaded.

I never saw them in RB, but can't remember if I was looking 90 seconds later!  By the time I did look in RB the a/c had timed out.

Reg.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 11:34:30 PM »
If that is the case that explains it. Sometimes in busy areas the RB is always playing catch up if your photo folder is empty. In London if you empty the database you can easily have 10 photos being downloaded every minute.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »
If that is the case that explains it. Sometimes in busy areas the RB is always playing catch up if your photo folder is empty. In London if you empty the database you can easily have 10 photos being downloaded every minute.

One suggestion.

I see the photo area showing "No photo available" even when a fetch is in progress and a few seconds later the photos appear. Could it not be amended to indicate that a fetch is active, saying something like "Photo downloading..." as then it would be clear what state the various data updating processes are in.

landyman

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 12:35:19 AM »
I've checked the number of pictures downloaded and it's about twice that.

The clue is in the first line of my post:-
"I spotted an AWACS flying overhead, so quickly switched on the PC running RB."

I had clicked on the icon for ANRB 2009 and not the Beta.  The photo folder's are separate for both versions.

Would it make sense for a beta version to use the same folder as the release version, when the data structure is unchanged.  I've tried to make both folders content the same, but notice that many files with the same name have a different file size.

This may be down to #1 and #2 being swapped, but a bit late to check that now.

Reg.

radarspotter10

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 12:48:17 AM »

One suggestion.

I see the photo area showing "No photo available" even when a fetch is in progress and a few seconds later the photos appear. Could it not be amended to indicate that a fetch is active, saying something like "Photo downloading..." as then it would be clear what state the various data updating processes are in.

hi all.
If i keep clicking on the up and down arrows,  i had maybe 100 photos downloading,  i did a bad thing i click on one photo at a time, now change to two,  so sometimes it shows one photo not two, is there any where you can download the complete photo file.
my photos size is 10.850 files  103mb
from pat

Fenris

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 12:56:59 AM »
Would it make sense for a beta version to use the same folder as the release version, when the data structure is unchanged.

A way of doing this is to copy the ANRB.exe from the beta folder to the other RB folder as ANRBbeta.exe, then create a new icon from the existing one from 2.01 and change the name of the exe. Change its name to indicate it's a beta.

This way both versions will share everything else.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 07:46:18 AM »
I do this slightly differently.  Whenever I install a new version of RB, I rename the old directory and use the new version full install so that I have a fresh installation.  I then run the new installation for a few minutes to make sure all is well, then I copy across any files from the old installation to the new one.  These usually include NavData.db3, MyLog.dbe, D008.dat, my whole /Photo /Outlines /Flags /Logos directories and my custom colour files.

A bit more time consuming and it does use more disk space, but this way I know that I'm starting with a new install and that I can always revert to the old version if I need to.

Fenris

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 10:37:48 AM »
Yes, that works too.

My suggestion is effectively doing a similar thing. You could do it in reverse and copy the v2.01 .exe file to the beta directory structure, save it with a different name and create another program object.

However, the previous method preserves all of the photos, logs, outlines etc.

EK01

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 11:25:58 AM »
I do this slightly differently.  Whenever I install a new version of RB, I rename the old directory and use the new version full install so that I have a fresh installation.  I then run the new installation for a few minutes to make sure all is well, then I copy across any files from the old installation to the new one.  These usually include NavData.db3, MyLog.dbe, D008.dat, my whole /Photo /Outlines /Flags /Logos directories and my custom colour files.

A bit more time consuming and it does use more disk space, but this way I know that I'm starting with a new install and that I can always revert to the old version if I need to.

Allocator,
This is exactly the way that I do it. It has worked perfectly upto now. It is more time consuming but at least you know that everything you had before will be in the new version but I too would emphasise NEVER to delete the older version(s) as they might be needed to fall back on at any time.

Ian