anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Win7 64bit users  (Read 3643 times)

jetset

Win7 64bit users
« on: November 01, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »
I've just found this and it actually works.

It basically does all the key presses for you on boot up.

No more forgetting to hit F8....Yeah

link http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/
Steve

hardwarewizz

Re: Win7 64bit users
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 10:09:35 AM »
This solution works without any bootfiles or something else!

Disable Windows UAC or run cmd.exe as administrator.
Copy and paste the next commands:

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Give your computer a restart and the next time you can install unsigned drivers in Win7-64b without any alternative bootfiles or something else.
The only problem I have now is that my win7-64b gives bluescreens after an hour or shorter. This happens with RB V3.07Beta. Maybe caused by the RB driver or the 3.07Beta version. Who else has the same problem!

Greetz Walter. 

bratters

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
Holy Moly - just reading your stuff about Windows 7 gives me the willies.

For me a PC is supposed to be no more than a tool, not an adventure, not a learning experience, not a whole new way of life, just a tool and the simpler the better.

Now that most of us oldies have just about come to terms with XP, why the hell can't they just leave it - and us - alone? I ducked Vista; I would like to duck Win.7 but it seems I'll have to face it sooner or later whether I want to or not.

RadarBox should be, and in general is, "plug and play". That's the way Airnav planned it and that's the way simpletons like many of us want it and like it. Let's face it, we're aviation enthusiasts and that doesn't mean computer buffs. The two may overlap but not necessarily. Once things start getting complicated, for some of us it's bye bye and that would be a shame.

Microsoft needs to make more money but I sense the resentment at being forced to change something that works well just to keep them in funds. And Airnav also need to keep the Box program down to a level that won't need a monster PC to run it and a computer operator to set it up

I know - off topic, private rant, etc.  OK. but it's wet, it's cold, it's windy, it's sunday and I feel better for that.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »
I think that I'll be staying with XP for a while.  I ran the Windows 7 compatibility test and a whole bunch of stuff came up as being incompatible, hardware as well as software.

When I do decide to experiment, I'll get a new HD and put Windows 7 on it so that I've got a clean installation, then I'll slowly add my software and see what works.  This way I can just plug my existing HD back in and I haven't lost anything :-)

There is no way that I would try to upgrade from XP to 7 using my 'working' XP HD :-0

bratters

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2009, 11:33:19 AM »
I think in my case it will be a new high-street brandname PC with Win7 with XP mode which should take care of most things fairly simply.

PC world here I come, but not just yet. :)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2009, 06:07:45 PM »
Hi Bratters, rather than PC World, have a look at Tesco Direct, we've now bought 3 Acer laptops, my wife's 20 months, which I monopolise (keep meaning to buy an even higher spec. for myself, as I can't find the time to rebuild my desktop!), one last Christmas for my daughter and one in August for my M-i-L.   We've no real problems with any, and found Tescos very good value for money, especially if you my a model which is just about to be replaced, and you can upto £150 off original price.    I've just gone through the rigmarole of getting the Win 7 upgrade for M-i-L's Vista - £12.78 handling charge and that's it, just have to wait and see what arrives, just an upgrade CD/DVD I suppose.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
I understand XP will be supported until at least 2014 - So, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Mike

bratters

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2009, 10:55:45 AM »
I understand XP will be supported until at least 2014 - So, if it ain't broke don't fix it

Mike

It ain't and I won't. Thanks for brightening my day  :)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
We may have great news regarding this: it seems RadarBox drivers have been by Microsoft today. Stby for updates.

jdupons

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »
Any news from Microsoft yet ? or is it possible to use any of the "tricks" mentioned before with an earlier version of the program, so as to avoid the blue screens ?
I also have a laptop with win 7 / 64 bits and I'm longing to use my RadarBox with it as I travel-in fact I had bought it partly for that purpose - ...!