anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: STILL awaiting Repair!!  (Read 17514 times)

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
STILL awaiting Repair!!
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:38:55 PM »
Message for support!
Hi, I've now had my Radarbox for nearly a year and almost 3 weeks ago I sent it back to W&S for the second time with filter problems!
The first time I sent it back It was returned within a week repaired but as stated above I'm still waiting this time 3-weeks on. I telephoned late last week and again this week to be told they are awaiting parts!! Considering I've paid nearly £500 for this unit and have returned it twice I think there should be serious consideration in relation to replacing the box as new!!! Can someone please explain the situation regarding parts??

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: STILL awaiting Repair!!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:49:56 PM »
Have you emailed our support? It usually doesn't take more than 1 week for the repair to take place. also please check with our support for suggestions as it is not common to have the same problem twice (something could be wrong in your setup).

daelight

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »

I am in Japan and received excellent service from W&S - Got it back with 10 days of sending it which I was pleasantly surprised at. Works really well but I hope I don`t have same problem again. Would be sure if you make direct contact with Airnav / W&S they`ll look after you.

freqhopping

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 09:55:37 PM »
Mine's been gone at least two weeks now.  What's the turn around time for the USA?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 04:17:44 PM »
This delay in repairing units was caused by a shortage of some components.

As we are still waiting for them to be sent from our factory, we are sending out replacement units to customers today.

So the situation is solved.

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »
While I appreciate the fact that your sending out replacemants today you've now had my RB for 3 weeks. In my opinion that is far too long without any direct correspondace from you. I've had to call twice and email twice, the second is still unanswered to find out what the problem was!
I was just about to email again when fortunatly I logged on to this forum and discovered this updated message.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:54:53 PM by nbquidditch »

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:57:26 PM »
OK! I'm trying to stay really positive about this, having had excellent support in the past, however my patience is now running thin!
I received my RB back yesterday after 3-weeks with W&S (not a NEW unit as stated but a new board) and duly plugged it back in. My delight at having received it back soon turned to despair when there was no improvement whatsoever!! I originally sent it back due to my flights reducing from 75+ to near zero. I am still only picking up a single flight and even then they have to be literally overhead.
I've ordered a new antenna from W&S in the hope that this is now the problem or am I missing something here?

A frustrated NBQuidditch :(

MikeC

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 06:04:38 PM »
Ask W&S if they replicated your problem before they made the repair and then tested it afterwards?

You might be spending money on a new antenna that you don't need?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 06:06:36 PM »
All the RBs whether new or repaired are checked before leaving. Unless something happened on the delivery I would check your antenna.

If its a external antenna read the FAQ about static.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

MikeC

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 06:09:30 PM »
But does W&S test them before the repair and diagnose the fault?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 06:10:57 PM »
Yes, otherwise how would they know what to repair :)
[email protected]

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 06:28:53 PM »
Regarding the Antenna it's the one that came with with the original unit. I live aboard a narrowboat and the antenna is kept in the front cratch under cover!

bratters

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 07:39:25 PM »
When W&S did my repair they enclosed an invoice type note on return stating the repair they had done - in my case front end filter.

Was there no note with yours? If not,why not ring them and find out what the problem was and what they did to fix it.

nbquidditch

• Narrowboat Quidditch
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 10:38:54 PM »
My RB has been back to W&S twice with the same problem (and if & when the new antenna arrives maybe 3 times) ! The 1st time I had it back within a week. This time I waited 3-weeks and even then got no feedback from support! I had to phone & email twice to discover that they were awaiting parts which I find astonishing!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 10:40:25 PM »
Last poster post was deleted and his account removed, it was confirmed he was using a proxy in Holland and now logging on using an Italian IP address though he had mentioned he was from Iceland.

It was clear from the 3 posts he had posted under that account that he was stirring for trouble. If anyone is caught like this again there post and account will be deleted.

Now lets get back to discussing things as normal adults :)
[email protected]