AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More live aircraft without network  (Read 31627 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
More live aircraft without network
« on: October 29, 2009, 07:38:32 AM »
Since my subscription to the network ceased I'm getting far more live aircraft and at greater range in Beta 3.07. I'm seeing an increase of some 30% aircraft and up to 614 messages/sec whereas I never saw more than 300 messages/sec before.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

MikeC

Re: More live aircraft without network
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:56:14 AM »
Same here.

jannuh

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:15:58 AM »
Use the network seldom, but when using it, same overhere.

Is it because when you use the network, same planes received by more users..
so the user with more data updates "gets" the plane ????

MikeC

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 09:31:25 AM »
From what I can see, Version 3 is decoding more contacts.

I'm expecting delivery today of some fly leads so I can produce comparative screenshots between both versions and another receiver.

With version 3 there are approx 30% more "local" aircraft, both on the radar screen and list.  And range appears to be increased too.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »
What I'm referring to is an increase in live flights in addition to the increase of approx 30% provided by Beta 3.07.

Tom
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

MikeC

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:49:54 AM »
OK, understand.

So without shared traffic, you see 30% more local flights using beta 3.07 than you were seeing using the same version when sharing data?

Was the subscription for live data or delayed?

Assuming the "extra" flights were there before, I guess they were shown as shared?

radarspotter10

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:19:57 AM »
Since my subscription to the network ceased I'm getting far more live aircraft and at greater range in Beta 3.07. I'm seeing an increase of some 30% aircraft and up to 614 messages/sec whereas I never saw more than 300 messages/sec before.

Tom

hi viking.
Yes same here its been discussed before.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3417.msg32661#msg32661

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2025.15

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3504.msg33852#msg33852

from pat
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 12:06:19 PM by radarspotter10 »

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 03:33:54 PM »
Thanks Pat.
Tom
15 miles SE of EGUN

Fenris

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »
So, are the aircraft that are missing when the network is enabled the same aircraft as those coming in over the network?

I know that Tom will not be able to compare unless he has subscribed to network again.

If I get time I'll see if the same thing happens to my setup

pcochrane12

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 06:21:29 PM »
ive noticed message count and number of aircraft decrease when i have the network selected had this on 3.01 onwards upto and including 3.07
paul

John Racars

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 10:34:28 AM »
Since my subscription to the network ceased I'm getting far more live aircraft and at greater range in Beta 3.07.

Hi Tom,

I tryed to understand what you are saying here but I do not until sofar. Recieving a/c by your own setup (via the antenna) AND recieving a/c by the network (via the WWW) are two different things, I thought until now.

How can affect the one the other?

My starting point is that if I "Proces Hardware Flight" AND "Connect to network" at the same time, flights who are coming in through my own setup are going before networkflights.

So, if my neighbour should share his data I will not see his flights on my screen when I am operating with both options on........?????????

Hope made my self clear.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:20 AM »
I tryed to understand what you are saying here but I do not until sofar. Recieving a/c by your own setup (via the antenna) AND recieving a/c by the network (via the WWW) are two different things, I thought until now.

How can affect the one the other?

My starting point is that if I "Proces Hardware Flight" AND "Connect to network" at the same time, flights who are coming in through my own setup are going before networkflights.

That would appear to be a reasonable assumption, but it doesn't seem to match the experiences that users are reporting.

Although the subject has come up in several threads, I don't think we've yet seem a definitive explanation for why it's happening, which would suggest that a fix isn't imminent.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

bratters

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »

That would appear to be a reasonable assumption, but it doesn't seem to match the experiences that users are reporting.

Although the subject has come up in several threads, I don't think we've yet seem a definitive explanation for why it's happening, which would suggest that a fix isn't imminent.

As I still have a few days of free Network service left, I've been putting the question to the test and I can't say I've come up with any figures to support the suggestion.

I have been unable to identify any instances of appreciable increase/decrease in MyFlight numbers when switching Network on/off that could be categorically attributed to the change. Certainly no pattern has emerged and I would suggest that it is patterns we are looking for.

Viewed in the context of  "MyFlights" numbers that frequently change quite readily and quite radically (10/10 timeout setting) any concrete conclusions are very difficult to arrive at.

For me this case is "not proven".

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 11:44:39 AM »
This has been mentioned a few times by customers and we have looked at our selves many times, but can't see any data proof to confirm this.

We put it down to how our brain works :) Its easy to work out a plot map in our mind when there is a less aircraft on the screen, when the network is on its a bit more chaotic and its hard to judge.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 12:09:20 PM »
based on my own personal experience: 2nd post, the first did not get through for some strange reason.
there is a user in olbia that when he turns on his rb, "captures" some aircraft from positions seen by me normally without network turned on, it seems that the network has precedence over "my flights", so i see less on my flights and more network flights in marginal areas that overlap as direct reception zones. i don't know if the same happens to him when i am on
ciao
frank
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 12:14:16 PM by sterigia »
ciao.
frank