AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More live aircraft without network  (Read 31733 times)

RadarSpotter01

Re: More live aircraft without network
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2009, 03:47:19 AM »
I'm loving my Airnav RadarBox. It seems a more complete solution, Just saying!
Airnav please move this post if it's inappropriate in this thread!
I really mean my comment.

RadarSpotter01

« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2009, 04:00:05 AM »
Sorry my bad! Stergia said "Can Airnav move them and then delete them" As I say English can be missunderstood! I think Airnav acted in good faith here!

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2009, 07:06:36 AM »
We also cannot move individuals posts hence why they had to be deleted only.

Thats not quite correct:
Split the post from the thread then move.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2009, 07:11:22 AM »
This thread has gone WAY off topic.  There is now no longer ANY discussion about the subject, it has now become another attack on ArNav and/or a discussion on technical functions of the forum - hey ho!!!!!

Hello Hamish, you don't post often, but when you do ......

Can we get back on topic or just lock this thread.

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »
Just trying to be helpful

MrT

« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2009, 08:07:42 AM »
Anyone got any tips for the Melbourne Cup ?

Fenris

« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »
No, don't do horses.

But, since I have a suspicion that all of the un-highlighting, displaying of incorrect pictures, wrong range and bearing etc is all closely related, I was wondering if Airnav can comment on how they're getting on with tracking down these sorts of issues.

Can those of us that see the problems provide any better information than we already have? It's been a month or so since the last official beta release so I think it's fair to ask if any progress is being made on this.

MrT

« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2009, 08:29:59 AM »
Hi Brian,

Just being a tad sarcastic. I don't do horses either.

But I am also interested in those issues you point out.

Perhaps we need to start a fresh thread.

Cheers,
Paul.

radarspotter10

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2009, 08:39:38 AM »
This thread has gone WAY off topic.  There is now no longer ANY discussion about the subject, it has now become another attack on ArNav and/or a discussion on technical functions of the forum - hey ho!!!!!

Hello Hamish, you don't post often, but when you do ......

Can we get back on topic or just lock this thread.
hi Allocator
100% right, people will get fed up with him and his partner playing their silly games
on this site,
from pat

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
people will get fed up with him and his partner playing their silly games on this site,
from pat

Absolutely, Pat.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2009, 08:57:21 AM »
Maybe I just don't check the forums often enough, but with all the off-topic chatter on this thread, I've lost track of who has what problem.  Maybe it's time for someone to summarise the situation:
- Who experiences the problem
- What steps have those experiencing the problem taken to identify a cause
- Etc.

The off-topic chatter simply serves to divert attention away from the real problem that some are seeing.  Can you not pursue these off-topic discussions via. PMs?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:02:50 AM by tarbat »

Fenris

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2009, 10:11:55 AM »
Maybe I just don't check the forums often enough, but with all the off-topic chatter on this thread, I've lost track of who has what problem.  Maybe it's time for someone to summarise the situation:
- Who experiences the problem
- What steps have those experiencing the problem taken to identify a cause
- Etc.

A quick precis then:

Problems I see are:

1) Aircraft highlights disappear. Time from a few seconds to a minute or so, happens without moving the cursor or selecting anything else.

2) Aircraft details shown for the wrong aircraft, photos in particular, can also be distance/bearing for "selected" aircraft, I have seen cases where the wrong aircraft's photos are showing that belong to another aircraft in My Flights while simultaneously the distance and bearing are from a random aircraft in Network Flights (my receiver can't see aircraft thousands of miles away).

3) Occasionally I will see an aircraft outside my polar diagram limits that is not showing as a network flight, but yet it only updates at the network update interval. Sometimes I have seen its details appear in My Flights, sometimes this does not happen. The polar diagram never updates, and indeed I have never seen any aircraft in this position or near it as a local flight.

Provoking this behaviour is not required, it just happens without me needing to do anything.

I run RB on a Vista SP2 Home Premium laptop, 2GB RAM, Core2Duo 1.73GHz. It doesn't have anything else running other than AVG 8.5 with scanning of the Airnav directories excepted.

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2009, 10:57:52 AM »
same things happen to me,
i am running vista ultimate dual core duo 3.2 mhz .nvidia card with 1 gig ram on board, 4 gig ram  2 x1 terabyte hdd sata norton internet security with autoprotect inhibited on airnav folder as wel as scanning inhibited in airnav folder, plus hdd temperature, snagit in tray
ciao
frank
ciao.
frank

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2009, 11:00:22 AM »
A quick precis then:

Sound like a very different problem to the original poster.  I thought the problem was about getting more flights with the network turned off.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 11:02:01 AM by tarbat »

Fenris

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2009, 11:23:16 AM »
A quick precis then:

Sound like a very different problem to the original poster.  I thought the problem was about getting more flights with the network turned off.

And yet I thought it might be related because it seemed possible for network flights to appear as local, so I suspected that a mix-up between the two lists *could* cause a local flight to appear as a network flight.

I have no direct proof that this happens however.

To be honest, I've lost track of what is still not working properly in the beta, and there has not apparently been much progress in fixing it that we've been told about here.

Some sort of update from Airnav would be worthwhile, if they need more information, have been able to replicate these problems now, that sort of thing.

I'm sure they're as keen to get this cleared up and the software released as we are.