AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Signed Windows 7 Drivers?  (Read 3842 times)

rogerl

Signed Windows 7 Drivers?
« on: October 26, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
Now that Windows 7 is mainstream, is there any news on when signed drivers will be available for it.

Every other device connected to my PC has new drivers from the manufacturers but unless I have missed something I can't see anything from Airnav yet.

F8 on boot works, so the drivers are okay, they just need signing.

Fenris

Re: Signed Windows 7 Drivers?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 01:02:06 PM »
Now that Windows 7 is mainstream, is there any news on when signed drivers will be available for it.

Every other device connected to my PC has new drivers from the manufacturers but unless I have missed something I can't see anything from Airnav yet.

F8 on boot works, so the drivers are okay, they just need signing.

Airnav are waiting for Microsoft to return signed drivers to them. Sadly the certification and signing process is slow, so they've been waiting a while.

Peter

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:45:17 PM »
I've just replaced my HDD and taken the "opportunity" to replace the OS with Windows 7 (Home). I've had a few problems and now down to the last 3, the main one of which is ANRB!
I've re-installed exactly as per the "quick installation guide" on the DVD sleeve i.e. connected the ANRB BEFORE running the software. Windows 7 seems to select its own drivers, so had no opportunity to direct it to the programme CD. There is no data connection between the RB and the computer via USB leads which were working correctly 7 days ago before the computer died!
I just have a feeling that these instructions were deemed incorrect, and that the software had to be run, then connect the USB lead.
It may just be that the problem is incorrect drivers waiting for MS to endorse them. In which case, I'd better get the Laptop out running XP3 in the meantime!
Any suggestions please.

Peter

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »
I've just replaced my HDD and taken the "opportunity" to replace the OS with Windows 7 (Home). I've had a few problems and now down to the last 3, the main one of which is ANRB!
I've re-installed exactly as per the "quick installation guide" on the DVD sleeve i.e. connected the ANRB BEFORE running the software. Windows 7 seems to select its own drivers, so had no opportunity to direct it to the programme CD. There is no data connection between the RB and the computer via USB leads which were working correctly 7 days ago before the computer died!
I just have a feeling that these instructions were deemed incorrect, and that the software had to be run, then connect the USB lead.
It may just be that the problem is incorrect drivers waiting for MS to endorse them. In which case, I'd better get the Laptop out running XP3 in the meantime!
Any suggestions please.

Peter

Other people have been able to get this working. I think you're correct in that you have connected the box before installing the drivers.

I would delete the device from the hardware manager (not used Win 7 so may have the description wrong), then remove the box. The drivers should be in a sub-directory of the Airnav directory, so you should be able to simply right click the .inf file and select install.

Then plug in the hardware and allow the new hardware wizard to find the already installed drivers and create the registry settings needed.

jetset

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 05:03:40 PM »
I to had trouble installing for Win7 64. Here's what I did.

Uninstall what's installed.
Re-boot and reinstall to drive C:\ with RB connected.
Go to device manager and select update drivers from the ANRB device.
Select Browse my Computer and select the driver from C:\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems

Start Radarbox

Hope this helps

Steve
Steve

Peter

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 05:14:36 PM »
Thanks to Fenris and Steve for your help. Now up and running again.

cheers

Peter