anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts  (Read 4003 times)

Jeremy

• Jeremy
Alerts
« on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:53 PM »
I think I am right in saying that any lists of Alerts are not saved as a seperate file like Maps or Filters etc. It would b good to keep a back up file of my Alerts as occasionally they seem to disappear or I lose them when I upgrade. Am I right about this?
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Alerts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:34:34 AM »
I think I am right in saying that any lists of Alerts are not saved as a seperate file like Maps or Filters etc. It would b good to keep a back up file of my Alerts as occasionally they seem to disappear or I lose them when I upgrade. Am I right about this?

Well alert settings certainly persist between sessions, so they must be getting saved somewhere.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 06:39:14 AM »
Saved in the registry (memo*text).  Just backup the ANRB registry keys - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:40:57 AM by tarbat »

landyman

• IC-706, UBC3500XLT, ANRB.
Alerts
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 11:05:09 PM »
I'm interested in military aircraft, so I have them set in my alerts.

I've not been able to find a list anywhere of the alert data saved.  So I have to write on paper the Mode S, height and time of interested alerts.

I take photos as the aircraft pass overhead, so later use the camera time data, which I also write on paper.

I then calculate the time delay between alerts and the aircraft passing.

It would be useful to have this available within RB software.

Anyone else have a similar need, such as when at a military airfield?

I guess that this data is held somewhere while the program is running, so it should be possible to access.

Reg.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »
I've not been able to find a list anywhere of the alert data saved.

Did you see my post immediately above yours?  Alert data is saved in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\memoXtext (X is 1-7).

landyman

• IC-706, UBC3500XLT, ANRB.
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
I've not been able to find a list anywhere of the alert data saved.

Did you see my post immediately above yours?  Alert data is saved in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\memoXtext (X is 1-7).

In my post, I referred to 'alert data' and not 'alert settings' as found in the registry.

If, say, I have 15 alerts that I can cycle through in the panel that pops-up lower screen right; is that data available in a list with 15 lines?

Incidentally, I am noticing on many different forums that information is now being held in the registry and that this is causing programs to slow down.  It is also making it difficult for users to have control of a program due to later versions, 'hard wiring' where data is kept.

What advantage, if any, is there for putting parameters into the registry?  What's wrong with a .INI or similar file that is still used by many programmers.

Reg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 03:36:31 PM »
If, say, I have 15 alerts that I can cycle through in the panel that pops-up lower screen right; is that data available in a list with 15 lines?

Alert occurences aren't saved.  You could run a query against MyLog to find the flights/aircraft that you're interested in.