anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Timed out aircraft staying in MyFlights 5 hours after timeout  (Read 6809 times)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Timed out aircraft staying in MyFlights 5 hours after timeout
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:16:38 PM »
Anyone else have this problem?

When I have a quickfilter on in MyFlights aircraft are not cleared from the display until I change to 'Show All'.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

Fenris

Re: Timed out aircraft staying in MyFlights 5 hours after timeout
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 09:17:40 AM »
Anyone else have this problem?

When I have a quickfilter on in MyFlights aircraft are not cleared from the display until I change to 'Show All'.

Tom

Probably all part of the bug that causes various strange things to happen in the flights lists, deselection of highlighted aircraft, incorrect pictures shown when the selection changes after one aircraft times out, that sort of thing.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 10:16:08 AM »
Probably all part of the bug that causes various strange things to happen in the flights lists, deselection of highlighted aircraft, incorrect pictures shown when the selection changes after one aircraft times out, that sort of thing.

Brian, you are probably correct in that assumption.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

bratters

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 11:53:03 AM »

Seen all of those plus a few more.  MyFlights (v3.06/7) is to say the least a touch erratic and Airnav are burning the midnight oil on this.

Obviously proving to be tricky one.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 11:58:28 AM »
We haven't been able to replicate this fully which is causing the main headache.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 12:19:53 PM »
We haven't been able to replicate this fully which is causing the main headache.

Well if you want some help....!

What do you mean by fully? I can see various problems, including the program changing me from the My Flights tab to the Network Flights tab, deselection of highlighted aircraft, incorrect pictures for the selected aircraft etc etc.

I don't have any unusual setup, Vista Home Premium 32-bit with SP2, ANRB 3.07 and a few high-res outlines and some updated logos and that's about it.

I would be more than happy to install a version that logs debug info to a file if that would help.

Do you want the .elf files that appear in my RB directory? I have 2, one from yesterday and one from earlier in the week.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 12:21:15 PM »
Thanks Fenris we will contact you through PM.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 08:12:31 PM »
I left flights sorted by airline, that was at about 14:00 today. Just returned to my laptop now at about 20:10 and found all the flights, local and network, frozen.

Selected sort by time received, everything working again.

EK01

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »
Brian,
I too had the flights sorted by airline and had the same problems with the everything freezing. Now I just switch on the program and leave everything. In other words, do not sort anything in the grid by using the various filters or clicking on airline, mode S etc and everything works fine. Until AN have sorted out the bug causing the problems, my advice is to leave everything regarding customising in the interface well alone.

Ian

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 04:19:52 PM »
Although this is a serious problem for you and it does need resolving, I change the sort order all the time and use all the other functions without any freezing.  RB has been running 14 hours today, I've been updating the database manually and following the military flights using the alarms.  I've also been using MyLog Populate to update those aircraft whose details I've updated using Database Explorer.

So, I would say that if you are having problems, then do as you say, but if not then make use of all the functions :-)

Fenris

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 04:53:59 PM »
Seems that Airnav can now replicate at least one of the problems that some of us see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3649.msg35721#msg35721

What I really can't understand is how come certain people (and usually beta testers) don't suffer whereas the rest of us do.

It seems to me that something between 3.01 and 3.06 prevented Tarbat and Allocator seeing the problem, but what and how?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:41 PM »
It seems to me that something between 3.01 and 3.06 prevented Tarbat and Allocator seeing the problem, but what and how?

I really don't see this being likely.  I've been through many different versions.  Cleared down registry, etc. etc.  In fact my v3.07 installation is a new install, with the only things copied over from my old install being:
1. Navdata
2. MyLog
3. Silhouettes
4. Photos

At every beta install I use Beyond Compare 3 to compare folder contents/structure etc.

You may be right, but my money is on one of the other causes I mentioned in the other thread.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:33:35 PM by tarbat »

Fenris

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 05:42:03 PM »
Well I assume that RB is supposed to keep an eye on its own databases, so I'm not sure about database corruption.

I have other software running, but it's the same software that was running when 2.01 was in use and worked OK in the respects that 3.07 doesn't.

When you say graphics updates what do you mean? The graphics drivers in use are entirely stable with every other application I use, so I don't think it's that.

It's all very puzzling.

Do you ever see any .elf files in the RB directories?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »
Do you ever see any .elf files in the RB directories?

Yes, everytime Radarbox starts up, but that never causes a problem.  This one as I started ANRB 2 minutes ago:

EurekaLog 6.0.18

Application:
-------------------------------------------------------
  1.1 Start Date      : Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:43:56 +0100
  1.2 Name/Description: ANRB.exe
  1.3 Version Number  :
  1.4 Parameters      : /connect
  1.5 Compilation Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 03:39:59 +0100
  1.6 Up Time         : 19 seconds

Exception:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  2.1 Date          : Mon, 19 Oct 2009 18:44:15 +0100
  2.2 Address       : 007E142D
  2.3 Module Name   : ANRB.exe
  2.4 Module Version:
  2.5 Type          : EAccessViolation
  2.6 Message       : Access violation at address 007E142D in module 'ANRB.exe'. Read of address 0000035C.
  2.7 ID            : 465B
  2.8 Count         : 1
  2.9 Status        : New
  2.10 Note         :

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »
I've had to install, unistall, delete 3.07 about 12 times, before finally getting it to load, install and run OK, but that's only since attempting a re-start of lap-top (Acer) factory defaults (anyone know how to do this as Acer Empowering Technology won't any more, I had used it before), which wouldn't work, so attempted a re-install of Vista.   3.07 installed and running well, I'll have to post a polar diagram as reception is better than with 2.01.    I've had to spend about 10 hours re-loading Vista, then all the updates, SP 1, 2 etc., but I'm 99% sure this is a Windows problem rather than 3.07 as such.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!