AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.07 Beta  (Read 107932 times)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.07 Beta
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
Hi all, I've given up with 3.07, downloads fine and seems to open up and install OK, but no matter what I try, neither hardware or network flights appear, so I'm having to stick with 2.01, which is still performing brilliantly.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Pinza

« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »
Simple answer.  DON'T accept the default installation folder when using Vista.  Install in somewhere else, such as C:\Airnav

Then you avoid all the Virtual Store complications.

Many thanks for that hint Tarbat - followed your advice and saved me a lot of grief!

dauntless

« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
dauntless,

If you have downloaded the full version of 3.07 and have a subscription for real time network it will then be 20 seconds.

Hi Air nav

Answer to your points/questions are

Yes
No - Thought the 30 down to 20 was for all
No

So iin view of this would it be possible that i would have to remove 3.06 instead of installing into different directory/folder name.

I must say with my very limited knowledge of RB, the only things i really have noticed in 3.06, is more airports on map. also on your message prompts i noticed the thingy code beside the reg if i remember correctly, however still with all 30 seconds on Network.

Im also getting a lot of Hardware drop out and while using a laptop for my RB, i have tried all pre-installed USB ports and find the Hardware drops and i have to pull the usb out and plug in for RB to get back to normal.  By the way there is no set time for this, it random day and night and probably occurs 3-4 times a week with RB running 24/7

Keep up the good work

Andy or AKA Dauntless
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 06:13:53 PM by dauntless »

Fenris

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »
Dauntless

Have you ensured that your USB ports are not set to save power? Again have a look in the hardware manager window for the OS.

dauntless

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2009, 06:30:50 PM »
Hi Brian

Thanks for the message, so im completly sure can you advise your way of checking this pleas, then i can say exact facts and work forward to solving the problem.

I did have a update for firewall at 2am and there was a problem there, but i altered that.

Best wishes

Andy

tommyg

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »
From reading Dave's and Tarbats messages above, I live in the south east of the UK and regularly show over 140 acft in my log sometimes over 200. when it drops to below 80 I dont get any spuriuos readouts. Could this be the issue the number of flights that Mylog or even RB can decode at any one time? 
Tommyg

Pinza

« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2009, 08:02:32 PM »
Version 3.07 Beta has now been running for over 2 hours on my Vista laptop this evening.

No problems whatsoever - indeed just popped out to watch OO-SSG on BHX to Brussels flight exactly where I expected it to be!

Only problem in ugprading was losing some of my the data from MyLogs. Can live with this - am more interested in watching live data than what I've recorded in the past.

Have re-installed program as per Tarbat's advice - hopefully this should resolve future upgrade problems like this.

Will leave program running (uploading network data) while I watch Masterchef and then download the latest versions of Rod Bearden's excellent logo gifs (Thanks Rod!)

Stock antenna is giving me 20+ flights from downstairs bay window - so will live with that and buy a scanner to listen to what I'm seeing before investing in external antenna.

Fenris

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2009, 08:42:19 PM »
Hi Brian

Thanks for the message, so im completly sure can you advise your way of checking this pleas, then i can say exact facts and work forward to solving the problem.

I did have a update for firewall at 2am and there was a problem there, but i altered that.

Best wishes

Andy

Computer->Properties->Device Manager then open the properties of each USB Root Hub, find the power management tab and ensure power management is deselected. Similar in both Vista and XP and probably in Windows 7 too.

dauntless

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2009, 08:51:06 PM »
Hi Brian

Best wishes

Andy

Computer->Properties->Device Manager then open the properties of each USB Root Hub, find the power management tab and ensure power management is deselected. Similar in both Vista and XP and probably in Windows 7 too.

Thought that was the way, as previously i checked all Power managment was unchecked and still is.

Thank you for comfirming though

voyager8

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2009, 10:25:38 PM »
Hi all,just got home from work & got another one bit error at 2310,quiet period,only 28 aircraft in my flights as opposed to about 180 when I got the others earlier today:-
4009BC EXS208 G-CELV B737 SQ 0042,next line
4009B4 no flight no G-GMPB BN2T SQ 0042, both showing 6000ft alt.
Regards Paul.   

voyager8

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2009, 11:27:41 PM »
Hi all,another one bit error but with a slight difference
4BBC2C OHY438 TC-OAL A321 SQ 1155
4BBC2E  OHY622 TC-OAN A321 SQ1155
but this time both were showing on my map at the same time (with globe symbols) TC-OAL was over London hdg for Dover while TC-OAN was over Manchester hdg for Skegness\Dolas.TC-OAL then timed out (just on edge of my coverage)leaving the other one still up north on the map.So just to try to confirm both flights had been where they said they were,fired up planeplotter & sure enough TC-OAL was showing over dover hdg into europe but now squawking 5230 & TC-OAN still on track for Skegness sqawk 1155.Off to bed,regards Paul.

voyager8

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2009, 09:17:21 AM »
Hi all,latest one bit error seen,again slight variation in as much this time same flight no for both a\craft and also some 20 lines apart in my flights list rather than consecutive lines or a couple of lines apart:-
4008A5 TCX618K G-JMCG B757 sq2206
400CA5 TCX618K G-WOWD DH8 sq2206
only the B757 on the map with globe as Air Southwest dont track as per Flybe etc.
Won`t post anymore for now as think you have got enough examples,should you need anymore let me know will then post for you.Regards Paul.

landyman

• IC-706, UBC3500XLT, ANRB.
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2009, 01:02:01 PM »
We would like to underline one more that this is still a beta version. It means it is a test version to be reviewed by users who will later send us their feedback.

I have installed 3.06 on an old PC, while retaining out of the box 2.01, on my main Windows PC.  I have not copied any existing files to the new 3.06 installation.

Now retired and after about 45 years, I'm taking up my old interest in aircraft spotting!

1.  There is now a problem with the Selected Flight on the map.  It losses selection.

This is not the existing 2.01 bug, whereby fast passing the mouse cursor over the map, causes the Selected Flight to change.

2.  Last night (@01:01z) I had only 2 aircraft in Myflights list, OY-BTZ and OO-DPO.  The Selected Flight was the former, but G-OBYE details were displayed to the right of the two pictures.

Earlier I had a couple of Westland helis showing with the same Flight ID.  As they often fly in pairs past my window, do they use the same Flight ID or is this a bug?

3.  I now have ZJ168 in my list and pictures of a Westland WAH-64D.  The Flight ID is RRR1213.  I would have thought that this ID is for a passenger transport in/out of BZN.

I hope this feedback is helpful.

Reg

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2009, 01:54:02 PM »
I now have ZJ168 in my list and pictures of a Westland WAH-64D.  The Flight ID is RRR1213.  I would have thought that this ID is for a passenger transport in/out of BZN.

It is.

RRR1213 is Agusta A109 ZR321, which the AirNav server wrongly identifies as Apache ZJ168. 

If you ever pick up its stablemate ZR323, you'll find that also gets misidentified as an AH-64.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

t1mb0

« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2009, 09:21:13 PM »
dauntless,

If you have downloaded the full version of 3.07 and have a subscription for real time network it will then be 20 seconds.

Hi Air nav

Answer to your points/questions are

Yes
No - Thought the 30 down to 20 was for all
No

So iin view of this would it be possible that i would have to remove 3.06 instead of installing into different directory/folder name.

I must say with my very limited knowledge of RB, the only things i really have noticed in 3.06, is more airports on map. also on your message prompts i noticed the thingy code beside the reg if i remember correctly, however still with all 30 seconds on Network.

Im also getting a lot of Hardware drop out and while using a laptop for my RB, i have tried all pre-installed USB ports and find the Hardware drops and i have to pull the usb out and plug in for RB to get back to normal.  By the way there is no set time for this, it random day and night and probably occurs 3-4 times a week with RB running 24/7

Keep up the good work

Andy or AKA Dauntless

Instead of physically disconnecting the hardware, you can use the MS utility 'devcon' to disable/enable the USB device. I have this running as a scheduled job so if I'm away from the PC, I know it will be 're-connected' say, every hour.
It can be a bit tricky finding the right deviceID but when you do it works a treat.
The disconnects I grant you, are still annoying though.
(This performs the same task as disabling/enabling the device in Device Manager, only programatically)
12m SE of EGHI