anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.07 Beta  (Read 107935 times)

Pinza

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.07 Beta
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2009, 05:21:18 PM »
Installed version 2 out of the box last week - worked fine for me.

Downloaded and installed upgrade to 3.01 (upgrade only NOT full version) - no problems - but lost all data from MyLogs etc.

Have just downloaded FULL version of ANRB307BetaSetup.exe

What is the best way of installing this?

Do I need to remove my working version first?

Also, how do keep my exisiting recorded flights?

Will make a copy of my db3 files while I await a reply.

Many thanks
Chris

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2009, 05:25:34 PM »
Chris - yes, the db3 files are the ones to preserve and copy into the new 3.07 /Data folder once you've installed it.

Rod
Rod

Pinza

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 05:29:13 PM »
Chris - yes, the db3 files are the ones to preserve and copy into the new 3.07 /Data folder once you've installed it.

Rod

Thanks for that Rod.

Will back them up - do I need to uninstall existing setup first or can I just overwrite it all?

Manuel Mendes

• Manuel Brito Photography
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
Hi.
I have a small problem here. The thing is: I have a NavData.db3 file with have 82125 aircraft. This is my backup file and I always update it first.
I installed v3.07 my NavData.db3 is the one I copied from my backup but the radar isn't able to decode it.
Instead of having a database with 82125 aircraft I have a database with 80113 aircraft.
Whatever I do it seems that i can't overwrite the database by simply copy/paste it. I have to auto-populate it to work.
Running on a LG W1 Pro notebook with 4GB memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows Vista Home Premium.
Full Administrator rights enabled as I am the only user on this machine.

PS: Sorry if my English seems confusing, and the using database is the one with 82125 aircraft but 80113 being assumed.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:11:09 PM by Manuel Mendes »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
Manuel Mendes, did you install Radarbox in the default folder (C:\Program Files)?  If so, you need to put the databases in Vista's Virtual Store.

Manuel Mendes

• Manuel Brito Photography
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2009, 06:41:15 PM »
Hi,
It is on the default folder.
By the way where do i find the Virtual Store? I'm having a bit difficulty in finding it.
Thanks for your patience

Pinza

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2009, 06:51:19 PM »
Have un-installed my previous setup (Out of the box version 2 with an upgrade only to v3.01)

Re-installed with full download of ANRB307BetaSetup.exe

All running smoothly tonight but seem to have lost my previously recorded data!

Have saved db3 files and thought I'd reintalled them in correct folder...

Seem to have the same problem as Manuel regarding the Virtual Store!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2009, 06:59:51 PM »
Simple answer.  DON'T accept the default installation folder when using Vista.  Install in somewhere else, such as C:\Airnav

Then you avoid all the Virtual Store complications.

Fenris

« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »
According to this post, the SBS-1 does checksum calculations - http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38713&highlight=checksum#38713

Forget it.  Even the SBS-1 doesn't do checksum calculations on non-positional frames - http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28231&highlight=checksum#28231

So, this problem probably got introduced when Radarbox started getting Flight IDs from frames DF20/DF21.  There's probably nothing that can be done to detect these errors.

How about applying a minimum number of received frames from the same ModeS code before displaying anything? Would that work? It would avoid a single frame corruption causing a spurious entry I think.

t1mb0

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2009, 08:08:48 PM »
got bored with reading the quibbling going on over 1 or 2 flights being tracked out of how may simultaneously, per minute, per hour, per day.
I don't want to come across rude, and yes we are all striving for an A+ product(which IMO we already have) but some of you guys have way tooo much spare time, go and clean the house or something!
Incidentally it might not occur to a lot of folk what a load of other cr*p is affecting the performance of RB on their PCs.
I restored to factory settings my PC after 3 years of continuous running last week, installed 3.06 fresh and the performance & stability is way beyond what it was before the rebuild.
I know thats's not a course available to a lot of peeps, just thought I'd share my experiences. Now where's that hoover.......
OaO
12m SE of EGHI

bratters

« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2009, 08:24:06 PM »
Airnav - for your information I have finally got MyFlights to stay freeze-free when using Dist(NM).

If I set Dist(NM) in Ascending order it runs fine. When I switch back to Descending order the program freezes again.

Hope this helps you locate the bug.

Fenris

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2009, 08:46:34 PM »
I have a new theory about the de-highlighting when selected problem, it seems to me that after some continuous eyeballing that this happens when the aircraft tracked is missed for one or more refresh periods, so in my case a second for the My Flights aircraft and the next refresh for Network Flights.

It's hard to really check this without an indication in the program if this happens, but I am reasonably sure that's what I see.

Also, please can it be arranged so that an explicit click is required to highlight a flight on the map? It can be very difficult to get the cursor off the map without overlapping any other aircraft or its label!

Fenris

« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
One more comment.

I have installed the 3.0x betas to a separate directory in all cases. Each time some of my settings have been preserved but others, such as map features shown in particular, have been returned to the defaults. And the Smartview and Custom Legend settings too.

Would be nice if the registry settings could be preserved where doing so does not cause a problem.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:08:43 PM by Fenris »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2009, 10:31:50 PM »
probably nothing that can be done to detect these errors.

I'm not so sure.

We're not talking about just random bit errors here, where one or two distorted bits could result in pretty well any hex code.

Instead, the incorrect code always seems to match that of another aircraft that's airborne simultaneously (cf the F2TH/A320 and VIR/SHT examples above).

Sounds more like a software bug than a simple bit decoding error to me.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

dauntless

« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »
Just installed this new beta and i too are finding the network counting down from 30 secs, to be honest im looking at all the improvements, yet i guess my lack of knowledge with RB still cant notice much from the original install disk that came with it.

Im sure in time i may learn, keep up the good work and perhaps it might pay me to wait for final releases before installing beta's