anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database inaccuracies  (Read 7064 times)

jdupons

Database inaccuracies
« on: October 10, 2009, 06:21:56 PM »
I live in France and I have noticed many inaccuracies in the French mil aircraft database.
 I have contacted AirNav systems about this problem, I even offered to help improve the database. I received a standardized message and nothing has changed.

We are a group of several French owners of a RadarBox, we even started a group:

http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/radarvirtuel/

we have decided to start a "strike" by unticking "sharing data" and the other data sharing boxes on the preference page, as we have started our own data sharing system, also using Google maps...

We hope AirNav systems will understand we cannot continue using their database which is marred with an awful lot of mistakes about french mil planes, especially types and pictures...
We would be delighted to share our data again, but with an accurate database, please !!
Jacques, Brest, France

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Database inaccuracies
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »
Hi jdupons,

Have you had a look at the post below?

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2688.0
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 10:23:38 PM »
Dave as we have explained before once version 3 was complete we would look into this. Do not keep posting about your solution to try and get us to act on it. It is not as simple as you say and we won't get into further as it may be a solution we choose in the future.
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:52:54 PM »
Fair enough.  I'm reassured to hear - as I'm sure all users will be - that a solution is definitely on the agenda.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 09:51:19 AM »
I live in France and I have noticed many inaccuracies in the French mil aircraft database.
 I have contacted AirNav systems about this problem, I even offered to help improve the database. I received a standardized message and nothing has changed.

We are a group of several French owners of a RadarBox, we even started a group:

http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/radarvirtuel/

we have decided to start a "strike" by unticking "sharing data" and the other data sharing boxes on the preference page, as we have started our own data sharing system, also using Google maps...

We hope AirNav systems will understand we cannot continue using their database which is marred with an awful lot of mistakes about french mil planes, especially types and pictures...
We would be delighted to share our data again, but with an accurate database, please !!
Jacques, Brest, France

Jacques,

A very silly post, but you are entitled to do as you wish.  You could help many aviation enthusiasts here using your knowledge to update the Gatwick Aviation Society (GAS) database.  As you are probably aware by reading other posts here, AirNav provide an extensive 'starter' database that is then automatically updated form the GAS database.  The GAS database is maintained by unpaid volunteers - much like your group - and is made available to anybody who wants to use it.  If the aircraft data is not in the GAS database, then they need somebody to tell them about it and there is an on-line form on their website to do just this.

The good news is that I see plenty of Network traffic over France, so maybe you have decided to help everybody rather than only helping yourselves?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 09:53:18 AM by Allocator »

John Racars

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
A very silly post, but you are entitled to do as you wish.

The good news is that I see plenty of Network traffic over France,

Allocator, I totally agree with you. A verry childish post from jdupons.

Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 10:32:29 AM »
If the aircraft data is not in the GAS database, then they need somebody to tell them about it and there is an on-line form on their website to do just this.

Unfortunately the GAS online form is broken, just giving an error message for http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/modesinput_send.asp of "The page cannot be found"

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 05:18:33 PM »
@jdupos you have all my support, i am not sharing data so much anymore because i got insulted and suspended from the forum a month or so ago for expressing my views with a "silly "  email and got no excuses, just abuse from the support team and other members. it is my own strike and i am sorry for the community but too much is too much. mybe i will get suspended again, who knows?. like i said before the support team has a lot to learn in good manners.
saluti,
frank, sardinia
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 05:21:48 PM by sterigia »
ciao.
frank

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 05:26:11 PM »
Frank,

Lets just make this very clear. All we ever said was one of your posts was silly.

The rest of your comments about abuse is fabrication. We never called you anything, all we said was your post was silly which we entitled to do and you "lost it" and started ranting and hence you were banned till you calmed down.
[email protected]

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »
i have all the thread and private messages saved in my pc and and can repost them if you want. i did not rant and i consider it offensive say that i was  suspended until i calmed down. i think the ranters were the support team. how do you like that? you are practically calling me a mad person which i assure you i am not but i have a patience which was stretched over any reasonable limits.
 now i want apologies from you that you have not the guts to give me. like i said before you have much to learn, silly posts come from the support team too like your last which i consider "silly" to say the least, now i will share even less i will make it a habit to untick the box every time.
 this is my last post.
 i will not be pulled into useless discussions with support but i will express my ideas whenever i want to
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:22:08 PM by sterigia »
ciao.
frank

Tramline

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »
Where's that Tumbleweed and dusty highway when you need it?
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

itestoo

• Radarvirtuel
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 09:50:19 PM »
Hi
I read that there is 3000 members, and only 300 sharing, so for 15 euros/months only 10% ?
What about USA, because when i try to see the trafic it's very low, compare with Europe !

Laurent
LFRN

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 10:11:36 PM »
There have been 3000 RadarBoxes sold but at one time on the network there are over 300 shares connected on average. That doesn't mean the 2700 are not sharing all together.

Our stats data indicate out of the 3,000 sold 2450 have connected to network and shared. So 500 or less don't use the internet with there RadarBox. Out of the 2450, a good 1,000 are regular users. Who appear on the network, sharing or downloading weekly. The other 1,450 don't appear as often.

Hope that gives you a better insight. US has a lower coverage at the moment as ADS-B rates there are lower and US is a large area to cover, though it is improving.
[email protected]

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 10:58:59 PM »
I am sure there are lots of people like me who turn the box on when in front of the computer. During the normal day my box is not running 24/7 so the number of users logged on can not reflect the overall number of contibuters to the network over a 24 hour period.
My only complaint is that its so addictive that I am spending far too much time watching the screen and not doing other things. It is the best spend on an IT 'toy' for ages. Thanks Ainav.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com