AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Installation problems with all versions(V2.0,V3.01beta & V3.06beta)  (Read 6678 times)

voyager8

Hi all,having problems trying to install any version of the RB software downloads from the site.I wanted to just have the new V3.06beta installed, so yesterday removed from my desktop machine via add remove progs,V2.0 & V3.01beta which had been working ok.Did a file search for any remaining files & removed them from the system.Did a reboot then downloaded V3.06 from forum link,saved the copy to my docs & tried to run the insallation using the default directories in the setup.Set up started but then got message:- An error occured while trying to remame a file in the destination directory move file failed;code32.The process cannot acces the file because it is being used by another process.Along side of this message were three option boxes, Abort,retry,ignore.Only way to get installation to continue is to keep clicking the retry option.Had to click abort as it would take too long to continue the install.Then downloaded V2.0 & V3.01 beta to reinstall them to get machine back to previous configureation, but also getting the same error message problem,the only way of continuing the install is to keep clicking the retry option taking hours to install the programe.Today I tied downloading V3.06 directly onto my Toshiba dual core laptop with V2.0 & V3.01beta installed & working ok.I have not removed these this time as per my desktop & low & behold I am getting the same error mesage,and again it will only continue the install by continually clicking the retry option.I have now clicked the abort & left the laptop alone with both V2.0 & v3.01 beta working ok.I have contacted support direct about this but was wondering if any one might have any ideas as to what the problem might be.Could there be any hidden tags /files still in the system stopping the installation?.Look forward to any constructive help/advice please.Thanks Paul voyager8.
ps.got to go to work shortly so will try to check forum from my notebook after 6pm when on my break not back at home untill after 11pm.   

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Installation problems with all versions(V2.0,V3.01beta & V3.06beta)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »
Support did get back you we think something has happened when you uinstalled and then deleted files. You didn't need to do that and we think something has happened.

The process lock means something is either still deleting those files or has something open in that folder. We suggested a restart and then to install again.

Otherwise install to a different folder.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »
Paul,

Are you using Vista or XP - I'll assume XP.

Maybe you shouldn't have tried the 'manual' deletion of files - it's not necessary.

Whenever a new version of the software comes out, I simply rename the existing directory so that I have the old files and installation if I need them.  Then I do a new install using the FULL version, not the upgrade and I've never had any of the problems you are describing.

Some things to try:

- Rename your existing RB installation directories - just add Original or something similar to the end of the current folder name.

- Reboot your PC without the RB hardware plugged in and try the new full install again

- Tell us what happens.

voyager8

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 06:01:32 PM »
 Hi all,back on for an hour while on my break.Thanks for the two replies.
Firstly Air Nav Support,I did get your reply and tried your suggestion of downloading the file again then shut down the machine & reboot but still no joy.Just to confirm that V2.0 is now reinstalled on the desktop but it took 14 hours of clicking the retry button to get it installed and as the betas are much larger files I am not even thinking of trying that method with them.
Thanks Allocator for your suggestions,I am using XP on both the desktop & the laptop.I have uninstalled the prorammes the same way before and reinstalled without any problem but this time they just dont want to go in normally.On my prevoius successful install of V3.01 on the desktop a couple of weeks ago it installed into its own directory along side of V2.0 without any problem or renaming of files,so I assumed V3.06 would do the same.Will try your suggestion to rename files when I get home to see if it will work.Ref the laptop nothing has been uninstalled or altered in any way on it,I just simply downloaded V3.06 from the link & ran the setup as per the screen & hit this same problem again.It had never seen V3.06 files before so was just expecting it to install without any problem as per V3.01 & V2.0 which are working ok on it. Also just to say that the last time I did a (clean) installof  both V2.0 & V3.01 on the desktop it had remembered all my personal settings & when plugging in the radar box no new hardware wizzard launched,on checking the device manager the box drivers were already set up ready to use?.
I am currently 100 miles from home will be on line for approx 1/2 hour then not back home until after 11pm.Looking forward to any more ideas,thanks Paul.   

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »
Just a basic thought but make sure when you down load that you are going into the Airnav folder in Program Files, not into a temp file or the last location that you saved a file. Everything needs to be together.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

EK01

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:27:19 PM »
I have done the full install of version 3.06 but have no maps appearing. I get a message saying the default map does not exist. I have tried copying and pasting my selection of maps from the previous version to the new version and indeed when I go into AirNav Systems  for the new version and then the map folder it shows that the maps are all there but for some unknown reason they are not appearing on the screen including the opening default map. The drop down menu against Maps doesn't even have an arrow next to it to show the maps that should be there. The system is picking up local traffic on the grid but I can't get any maps to show. What have I done wrong or missed out ?
Incidentally, it was working ok earlier.
Help, please !

Edit: I have now managed somehow to get my default map of home location to open up on start up but still when I click on Map on the top toolbar there is no arrow next to it therefore all my other selected maps which were there before cannot be accessed although on going into the system they are all there.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 09:02:01 PM by EK01 »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »
Hi Ian

Are you saying that the arrow (circled below) isn't showing?

Do you get a list of maps when you click "Set Map To" and if so, do they work?

Oh, and are you using Vista?

Rod
Rod

voyager8

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »
Hi all, my desk top is back up and running again with V3.01beta & V3.06beta.Thanks to Air Nav support, Allocator & Jeremy for your collective info/help.
I managed to get V3.06 beta installed on the laptop late last night by renaming the installation slightly.Turned my attentions to the desktop this morning after a good kip.It still did not want to play ball on the installation,so coppied the Air Nav folder & contents from the laptop to a data stick & transfered it all into the desktop & it worked a treat,just had to create new shortcuts to the desktop screen & the jobs a gud`n.I am now going to leave well alone & get back into enjoying the box again.Thanks again,Paul voyager8.

EK01

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 05:21:43 PM »
Hi Ian

Are you saying that the arrow (circled below) isn't showing?

Do you get a list of maps when you click "Set Map To" and if so, do they work?

Oh, and are you using Vista?

Rod

Rod, When I click on Map and then scroll dwon, the first line says 'Set Map To'. That used to have an arrow next to it which then led to the various location maps that I had saved. It is this arrow which is missing and all my saved location maps are therefore not obtainable. When I go into AirNav Systems and then Data and Maps, it shows that all my maps are there but for some reason they do not seem to be loading into the program. Am I best doing an uninstall and reinstall. I have managed to get back my own location map which opens up on startup. Not sure how I managed to do that. I am using Vista but have downloaded the full program into C:\AirNav Systems only. In other words not the dreaded Virtual Store.
Ian
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:23:30 PM by EK01 »

RodBearden

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 05:30:22 PM »
Sorry, Ian - I'm stumped by Vista - I'm an XP man.

I would suggest a reinstall, but other wiser souls might have a better suggestion.

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 05:47:55 PM »
Rod,

Everything is now sorted. Fortunately my good lady had saved everything from the previous version onto a memory stick However when we loaded in the Maps we inadvertantly (my fault!) deleted the 'Default' Map. This has caused the problem because we reloaded the saved maps again from the memory stick, left in the 'Default' Map and lo and behold everything has returned ok with all my saved Map locations now showing.

Moral, when in doubt do not try to be clever and delete things without knowing what they are for.
Cheers,
Ian

RodBearden

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »
Well done good lady!

Glad you're up and running now.

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 11:08:42 AM »
Rod,

It's always my fault !

Ian