AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie Questions  (Read 20350 times)

Pinza

Re: Newbie Questions
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 05:37:28 PM »
Yes, aircraft were plotted correctly - just not my home position (my fault) so had difficulty with the limited field of view from my backdoor when I was looking in the wrong direction... DOH!

Had problems last night with network data - am sure it is an AVG - anti-virus problem.  Am sure I can resolve this tonight.

Thanks, Chris

Also need to work out how to use quotes etc on this forum

EK01

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 06:47:10 PM »
Yes, aircraft were plotted correctly - just not my home position (my fault) so had difficulty with the limited field of view from my backdoor when I was looking in the wrong direction... DOH!

Had problems last night with network data - am sure it is an AVG - anti-virus problem.  Am sure I can resolve this tonight.

Thanks, Chris

Chris,
Click on the box to the right of a reply marked 'quote'. A quick reply box will open up at the bottom of the screen showing what was in the reply. Scroll down through the message until you come to the word 'quote'. Press the 'enter' key to take you onto the next line and then write your reply. When finished click on preview to check your reply message then click on post. Your reply message will now appear with the quote from the message you are replying to above it. Hope that makes sense.
Cheers,
Ian

Pinza

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »
Thanks Ian,

Just testing your help on 'quotes'.

Am very happy tonight:

Firstly I have successfully adjusted my home co-ords after following the suggestions on this thread of the forum - thanks all!

Secondly I have overcome my AVG problems and received network traffic on top of my own received traffic this evening.

Watched UPS237 (N730UP) and Icelandair ICE746 (TF-FIG) on screen and then went out of back door to see if I could see them - no - too overcast but at low an enough altitude to hear them climbing over my house. So am pretty confident that I've set my home position correctly at last!

Thanks, Chris

Chris,
Click on the box to the right of a reply marked 'quote'. A quick reply box will open up at the bottom of the screen showing what was in the reply. Scroll down through the message until you come to the word 'quote'. Press the 'enter' key to take you onto the next line and then write your reply. When finished click on preview to check your reply message then click on post. Your reply message will now appear with the quote from the message you are replying to above it. Hope that makes sense.
Cheers,
Ian

EK01

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2009, 09:54:12 AM »
Any other problems/queries, just ask. There is usuually someone on the forum who will know the answer.

Ian

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 03:28:30 PM »
I have been updating my DB in Database Explorer with Aircraft Types....but when the plane shows up again, the DB doesn't know what the AC type is...again.

Any clue?  I'm using 2.0 software (3.x beta doesn't work on Vista Basic).

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »
Are you really using Database Explorer, or are you making the changes in MyLog?

abrad41

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 07:58:10 AM »
Is this a case of the PT,LK,PT2 & LK2 fields not been filled in and being over written.

Andy

Fenris

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 09:50:31 AM »
Is this a case of the PT,LK,PT2 & LK2 fields not been filled in and being over written.

Andy

Maybe, but surely the approach should be to not overwrite existing information unless it's known to be volatile.

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2009, 02:11:10 PM »
Are you really using Database Explorer, or are you making the changes in MyLog?

Yes, I'm really using DB Explorer....I know the difference.  I see lots of quirks and problems with the RadarBox software.  Also...is there a way to add more info in large quantity to the DB on my system?  How does the update process work?  Do my changes to the DB get uploaded to the RadarBox server?

I know...lots of questions...but I'm trying to understand this thing better so I don't waste time inputting info.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2009, 02:14:05 PM »
Do my changes to the DB get uploaded to the RadarBox server?

No.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2009, 02:19:13 PM »
As far as overwriting volatile info....if the field has ... in it, like AT (Aircraft type)...would it get overwritten again with "..." if there was something like CRJ9 already in it?

Fenris

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2009, 02:22:45 PM »
As far as overwriting volatile info....if the field has ... in it, like AT (Aircraft type)...would it get overwritten again with "..." if there was something like CRJ9 already in it?

I would hope not, but I am unsure as the the logic applied if other fields in the record are blank.

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2009, 02:29:02 PM »
That would be the only explanation why I have to keep re-entering the info.  I only fill in the AT...since that allows me to see the little silhouette next time it pops up.

Pinza

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
Couple of questions to ask here, rather than starting a new thread:

1) Running v3.07beta on a laptop with 1Gb of ram and using Windows Vista - works great once loaded - BUT takes over 5 minutes to load - is that normal?

2) Have just been tinkering with colour schemes - can't seem to find an option to change one thing though! Namely the 'crosshair' cursor to select flights on the main radar screen. My cursor is almost black and next to invisible on the black background - making selection of a flight very much hit and miss! Is there an option to change the colour of the cursor? If not, can I request an option in the next release please.

3) I stay online while running ANRB more to auto-populate MyFlights rather than to see other network traffic, so am a bit concerned as to how much data is being transferred as I am not on an unlimited data tariff with my ISP. I have a monthly allowance of 10Gb - can anyone translate this into an average daily allowance (in Mb which I can record) so I can keep an eye on my usage while I share data?

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2009, 07:16:38 PM »
Pinza,
My laptop takes about 15 secs to load the program.
My cursor is white at default and I do not think you can chage the colour.
Also using Vista.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com