AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing  (Read 40953 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2009, 08:17:33 AM »
DaveReid: maybe we didn't explained it clearly. They are independet application but most of the programming team is the same.

Regarding the problem reported and subject of this thread, could someone write here the steps that will drive the application to have the problem mentioned so we can reproduce them here and correct it?

bratters

« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »

Regarding the problem reported and subject of this thread, could someone write here the steps that will drive the application to have the problem mentioned so we can reproduce them here and correct it?

1. Start program running.
2. In MyFlights select "Dist (NM)" and arrange distances in descending order.
3. Go and make a cup of coffee.
4. In 15 - 30 minutes MyFlights will stop runnng.

It would seem that the Timeout function is not working properly and MyFlights grows and grows until it clogs up. I understand that the same process happens on some PCs with "Altitude".

This problem also occurs in v3.01.

There are other quite detailed descriptions in this thread.

Fenris

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2009, 09:08:43 AM »
Just for information, I have not seen this happen with up to 15 aircraft in My Flights, that's about the maximum I see at present with my setup.

Perhaps this is only happening to people with larger numbers of aircraft in view.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2009, 09:18:09 AM »
There must be other factors involved.  I've never seen this happen, with over 30 aircraft in the list.

To me it sounds as if Radarbox is geting tied-up in a loop somewhere, so that timeouts don't occur.  I just wonder if this is an SQLite database update problem, with Radarbox waiting for writes to complete to the SQLite journal, for example.

As an experiment, it might be worth backing up your navdata and mylog databases, and restart Radarbox with empty databases and see if the problem still occurs.

jannuh

« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2009, 10:06:12 AM »
I tested it yesterday evening, had abt. 130 flights.
Arranged distances.

Waited few minutes, nothing happened, but when I switched over to PP and back to RB the program froze, with the PP chart over the RB program.

Restart RB, all normal again.

edit:
oops did forget: when I did restart RB I had only abt. 80 flights... (this was abt. 10-12 min. after arranging on dist.)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:11:04 AM by jannuh »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2009, 10:18:50 AM »
Okay, so maybe it's a port 7879/30003 related problem.  jannuh, what port are you using in Planeplotter?

jannuh

« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2009, 10:42:23 AM »
Port 7879
I can switch as much as I like between RB and PP.
It went wrong after ordering on distance in RB
Hope this helps...

(can redo this, make some screenshots if this is helping??)

stevem

« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2009, 02:28:15 PM »
Hi, I hope you don't mind me adding my comments, this is the first time I have posted a reply.
I have had my Radar Box since the start of September and have been using V3.06B for a week or so now. When I sort my RB by aircraft silhouette the grid will freeze after about half an hour, but not every time. My computer is a Samsung Netbook NC20 using Windows XP service pack 3. I don't want to appear negative as I think the Radar Box is a great bit of kit.
Hope this helps the development team.
Steve

bratters

« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2009, 02:42:56 PM »
Very interesting stevem. We've now got reports of confirmed freezing in silhouette, altitude and distance modes.

Also interesting that you. like myself, are using XP and not Vista, which seems to have it's own catalogue of niggles.

Fenris

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2009, 04:32:39 PM »
Very interesting stevem. We've now got reports of confirmed freezing in silhouette, altitude and distance modes.

Also interesting that you. like myself, are using XP and not Vista, which seems to have it's own catalogue of niggles.

Can anyone (Airnav included) state whether Radarbox requires any external library support (dlls etc) or whether the files in the Airnav directory are the complete installation requirement?

If everything is done by Airnav's own software then there should be very little different between XP and Vista provided that only documented API calls have been used to interface with the OS.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »

It doesn't matter what I sort by, neither my XP laptop or XP Desktop suffers from this freezing.  So, it would seem that those who are suffering this problem must have something in common as they are in the minority.  I think that it's highly unlikely that those of us not having a problem somehow have a software/hardware configuration that prevents it!

The trick is in identifying just what is in common that is causing the freeze.  I regularly leave Beta V3.06 running for the whole day - as I have today, and it runs without missing a beat.

Just out of interest, I usually sort my Mode S Hex code ascending in both MyFlights and Network as this 'groups' the aircraft I am interested in, for example military aircraft or particular fleets.

bratters

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »
I regularly leave Beta V3.06 running for the whole day - as I have today, and it runs without missing a beat.

So do I and mine doesn't miss a beat either - just as long as I don't click on Distance!!!

There is a connection between the altitude/distance columns and the rest in so far as both of these have constantly changing data. Clutching at straws here!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2009, 08:13:15 PM »
Yet I always sort by altitude for MyFlights, and distance for the Network, and never see this freezing.  This is going to be difficult to track down - you need to find that elusive common factor among those experiencing this problem.

jannuh

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »
RB is running here 24/7 and until I arranged on distance nothing special happened, not on V201, not on V306B.

Have a WinXP machine, running ANRB / PP / ProScan and UltraVNC software.

bratters

« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2009, 10:06:39 PM »
Airnav - more information for you.

When (sorted by distance) things start to freeze I notice that duplicate flights appear. These are identical line for line duplications however they are noticeable sometimes by being out of order in the distance column.

As I write the program is frozen with the MyFlights box showing 13 flights.  In fact there are only 12 flights in the grid and  3 (three) of these are identical and on successive lines - "cruise ezy64vg b737 easyjet 40000 105.3"

The program has now been re-started by me clicking the map. The 3 identical flights remain but the distance has come down to 43.4.

I have now stopped "process Hardware Flights" and the re-started it. The duplicates have gone and the program resumes as normal.

It will stop again shortly!!!!!

Help.