anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing  (Read 40947 times)

EK01

Re: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2009, 10:22:37 AM »
Nope :) is the simple answer.

This has been listed as a bug and we are looking at whats causing it. This wasn't picked up by our beta testers so its a bit strange. Its also not occuring to everyone either.

It seems like a mix of using the filters in myflights causing a few issues.

AirNav,
Thanks for that. Let us know when it has been figured out what are the filters in Myflights that may be causing the problem and are therefore best left out for the moment.

Cheers,
Ian

AirNav,
Any progress on the Map freezing issue. It has just happened again. It seems to be occuring after the RB has been on for about an hour. Once switched off and on again it clears ok. It would also appear that on many occasions what is being highlighted on the map is not synchronising with the grid display and vice-versa but, I think this may have been reported already.
Ian
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:56:35 PM by EK01 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »
It has been reported and we are investigating.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Fenris

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 05:02:14 PM »
It has been reported and we are investigating.

Having spent some time using RB today, I'm wondering if the odd behaviour of the vertical scroll bar in the My Flights list is related to this. Scroll bars are controlled by the container view entries, the position and size being calculated automatically. At present the scroll bar is centred and small even when the container is not full of entries, that should make the scroll bar fill the edge of the container.

Another possibly related thing is that earlier I followed an A3ST from Hawarden to Toulouse with auto map panning enabled. Now I am trying to do the same with an A380. The network flights filter has one A380 in it, but the highlighted aircraft on the map keeps unhighlighting and it now keeps returning to F-GSTB which is an A300 Super Transporter. If I double click the SIA A380 the map moves to it and then a short while later moves back to the A3ST.

This behaviour is clearly wrong, but it seems to be because RB is trying to hold on to old data instead of moving to new data.

bratters

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
Good and informative post Brian much of which I can confirm from my own observations.

There seem to be so many apparently different niggling problems in MyFlights that in the end one concludes that they may in fact be related. Initially I was of the opinion that my PC was just unable to cope with the large information flow and the result was an overloaded program "springing leaks".

It's certainly unstable and I'm very surprised that the beta testers didn't pick anything up. Does that indicate that it's down to individual PC's?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 06:44:11 PM »
It's certainly unstable and I'm very surprised that the beta testers didn't pick anything up. Does that indicate that it's down to individual PC's?

It must be down to individual setups.  I've run dozens of ANRB v3.xx beta versions, and NEVER saw this problem.  Maybe it's down to the number of aircraft being received?  I'm in a low traffic area, typically less than 40 aircraft in the list.

As I say, I've never had a problem with duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing.  And I was VERY thorough during beta testing, leaving the system running many days without problems.

bratters

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
Well no question that the numbers received have increased dramatically and 100+ is now within my reach. Overall I would estimate an overall increase in the region of 33% with 3.06.

One thing I have noticed is the increase in the size of downloaded programs:
ANRB 2.0 setup 35.2MB
ANRB 3.06 setup 121MB

Wow!

EK01

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »

It must be down to individual setups.  I've run dozens of ANRB v3.xx beta versions, and NEVER saw this problem.  Maybe it's down to the number of aircraft being received?  I'm in a low traffic area, typically less than 40 aircraft in the list.

As I say, I've never had a problem with duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing.  And I was VERY thorough during beta testing, leaving the system running many days without problems.

Tarbat,
See my latest posting today under 'no network coverage today' thread. I, like yourself, would not consider my area of Central Scotland to be an area overloaded with traffic movements but the behaviour of my RB today has been truly bizarre.

Ian
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:06:46 PM by EK01 »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 07:07:35 PM »
I'm very surprised that with all the different versions of RB that I've run on a number of different PC's and laptops, I've never seen this.  Beta V3.06 is certainly the most 'solid' version of the software that I've run, although I've never really suffered from any major problems even since the very first release - so long ago, I don't remember the version number!

I use RB in the West Midlands of the UK and also just north of Heathrow and I find it strange that I just haven't seen this problem.  I'm not saying that there aren't people who are seeing this, but I do wonder why they are and I'm not.

bratters

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 07:15:58 PM »
 I'm not saying that there aren't people who are seeing this, but I do wonder why they are and I'm not.

Don't we all!!! 

But I ran into similar problems with the first v3 beta - sort by altitude, Myflights not clearing timed-out flights, numbers piling up rapidly then complete seizure. And the vertical cursor always stuck in the middle.

It's bizarre but then computers operate like that at times, do they not?

It's such a good version overall that I can't wait for a solution to come. Mind you. if you can't duplicate the problem. how can you find out what's wrong?

Allocator

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 07:20:22 PM »
You've got it in one!

A few reports from aircrew to engineers:

Pilots: Left inside main tire almost needs replacement.
Engineers: Almost replaced left inside main tire.

Pilots: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
Engineers: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

Pilots: Something loose in cockpit. Qantas airline bug report
Engineers: Something tightened in cockpit.

Pilots: Dead bugs on windshield.
Engineers: Live bugs on back-order.

Pilots: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
Engineers: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

Pilots: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
Engineers: Evidence removed.

Pilots: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
Engineers: That's what they're for.

Pilots: Suspected crack in windshield.
Engineers: Suspect you're right.

Pilots: Number 3 engine missing.
Engineers: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

Pilots: Aircraft handles funny.
Engineers: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

Pilots: Target radar hums
Engineers: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

Pilots: Mouse in cockpit. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
Engineers: Cat installed.

Qantas Pilot: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
Engineers: Took hammer away from midget

EK01

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »
I'm very surprised that with all the different versions of RB that I've run on a number of different PC's and laptops, I've never seen this.  Beta V3.06 is certainly the most 'solid' version of the software that I've run, although I've never really suffered from any major problems even since the very first release - so long ago, I don't remember the version number!

I use RB in the West Midlands of the UK and also just north of Heathrow and I find it strange that I just haven't seen this problem.  I'm not saying that there aren't people who are seeing this, but I do wonder why they are and I'm not.

Allocator,
How do I capture an image of the My Flights grid. As I stated on the other 'No Network Flights' thread (apologies for giving info on the problem in 2 separate threads) at one time today I had 10 flights all with identical information showing not even related to my local area. I tried to screen capture the info in order to show AN but all I managed to do was screen capture the map. I could not figure out how to include the grid. It is, in case, I get a repeat performance tomorrow, I can show what I mean.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 07:24:00 PM »
How do I capture an image of the My Flights grid.

PrintScreen on your keyboard, and paste into MSPaint.

Allocator

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 07:24:38 PM »
Just hit the PrtSc key on your keyboard.  This captures the whole screen to the Windows Clipboard.

Then open up your favourite graphics program and select Paste or use Ctrl+V and the image will be pasted into the program.

Crop image as required.

EK01

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 07:26:14 PM »
Thanks, guys.

Ian

bratters

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 07:29:15 PM »
That's right EKO 1 - when MyFlights goes off the rails, it does it in spades.

My answer at the moment is to boot it up and just leave well alone. No fiddling about whatsoever and it will run happily forever.

But press the wrong button and it could be chaos.