AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing  (Read 40951 times)

Paul-HQ

Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing
« on: October 04, 2009, 04:56:35 PM »
Hi,

I have downloaded the full version of 3.06 today and have been having problems which I have not had with v3.01. I'm using Vista.

After a few minutes of not touching the screen the system seems to freeze and timeouts are not deleted from MyFlights (see attachment). Multiple listings of the same aircraft are displayed sometimes as well. When I click on an aircraft in MyFlights it does not change the photo and flight details but remains on the image when the system froze. This freeze only seems to affect MyFlights. If I move my mouse over mapped flights all seems to work normally.

I have to click a column heading, like 'altitude', which seems to free things up and it starts working again. After 30 seconds the timeouts dissapear. I have changed my timeouts to 23 and 7 seconds as suggested on another post but this has not helped.

Anyone have any clues?

Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 04:59:26 PM »
Does this problem still occur with network flights turned off?

bratters

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »
Sounds like the already identified problem of MyFlights freezing when sorting altitude and/or distance.

As I suffer the same problem but never use network, I think we can discount Network in this instance Tarbat.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 05:47:40 PM »
Okay.  I always sort MyFlights on Altitude and Network Flights on Distance without problem, so its something specific to a PC setup rather than a generic problem affecting all installations.

bratters

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 05:55:33 PM »

Okay.  I always sort MyFlights on Altitude and Network Flights on Distance without problem, so its something specific to a PC setup rather than a generic problem affecting all installations.

Possibly so. I had the same problem with the 3.01beta but not with the original 2.01.

Nothing wierd and wonderful about my PC either - a straightforward Compaq running XP. It's not a life or death issue as I often sort by callsign when I'm using my airband scanner.

It would seem that I'm far from alone in this as Airnav have acknowledged the glitch and are working on it.

Bat 21

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 08:13:04 PM »
I have had the same problems as Paul-HQ with the my flights freezes being the worst
I am using XP and have now gone back to 3.01 as it was unusable with 3.06

Terre

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 05:03:55 AM »
Same problems here!

Flights in MyFlight freeze, many duplicates in the list after a while. Also I realized that with network flights on and when moving the mouse pointer over the flight tags on the map, initialy wrong aircraft details (from other aircrafts) are shown in the flight details section of the interface. These problems do not occur with previous ANRB versions, 2.01 - 3.01.

Paul-HQ

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 08:26:33 AM »
Does this problem still occur with network flights turned off?

Tarbat - yes, I have network flights switched off.

EK01

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 02:08:51 PM »
Same problems here!

Flights in MyFlight freeze, many duplicates in the list after a while. Also I realized that with network flights on and when moving the mouse pointer over the flight tags on the map, initialy wrong aircraft details (from other aircrafts) are shown in the flight details section of the interface. These problems do not occur with previous ANRB versions, 2.01 - 3.01.

Exact same problems here. Had to switch off and on again before getting things back to normal. That was after staring at the map for a full 10 minutes before realising everything had frozen in time. Also getting wrong aircraft pictures for aircraft highlighted and duplicates in My log. Using Vista but this never happened with version 3.01 also using Vista.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:16:28 PM »
Did you do an upgrade to Beta V3.06, or a full install?

I suggest that you leave your existing installation in pl;acew, but do a new install to a 'clean' directory so that you have a known starting point.  You can copy across and files from your existing installation later as required.

Don't 'do' Vista, so can't get any more specific that that I'm afraid!

EK01

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 03:08:57 PM »
Allocator,

Did a full install not the upgrade and had it put into a separate folder not the Vista Virtual Store. There seem to be a few instances of this happening from various people with all operating systems involved. As I say it never happened with the previous 3.01. Not really being a computer buff, one of the recent changes was the fact that that you can now have the network in 'real time' if you wish (I haven't). Could it be a case of the AirNav server now not being able to cope and crashing every so often causing the data being transmitted to freeze. As I say, I don't know much about computers therefore that could just be a 'silly' comment but can't think why it should be occurring now when everything was ok before.

Ian

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »
Nope :) is the simple answer.

This has been listed as a bug and we are looking at whats causing it. This wasn't picked up by our beta testers so its a bit strange. Its also not occuring to everyone either.

It seems like a mix of using the filters in myflights causing a few issues.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

bratters

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:05 PM »

That would make sense in my experience.

FWIW my normal line up is Tracking, Status, Flag, Flight id, Airline, Altitude and Distance. This works OK unless Distance is selected and re-ordered then things go haywire.

EK01

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 11:05:41 AM »
Nope :) is the simple answer.

This has been listed as a bug and we are looking at whats causing it. This wasn't picked up by our beta testers so its a bit strange. Its also not occuring to everyone either.

AirNav,
Thanks for that. Let us know when it has been figured out what are the filters in Myflights that may be causing the problem and are therefore best left out for the moment.

Cheers,
Ian

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »
It still happens with me and I do not use the filters.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com