AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing  (Read 40946 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Problem with v3.06 - Duplicate entries/timeouts/system freezing
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2009, 10:25:37 PM »
Thanks for your details so far we are investigating and working on a fix.

To those people who have forgotten, this is a beta version which means it is a test version.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »
Hi All

i was using the RB at 8pm tonight then had to go out. I had the flights sorted by Distance. Anyhow I am not long in and as usual i check the box. A full set  of lights flashiing on the box however i noticed one aircraft which had been on screen when I went out still there. I noticed this in particular as it was a reach flight crossing NI.

Closer inspection showed the screen was in fact frozen. I clicked on my flights list the screen had a number of the flights on it and they all  turned white. Then a revised my flights list and screen appeared, different aircraft in the list and on screen, then the network flights updated also. It seems the log stopped at about 8.25pm and only started recording when I refreshed the system about 10 minutes ago. Not a complaint just for information.
 I should add I am on XP and I run the RB 24/7.
John
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:42:48 PM by Canonjohns40D »
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2009, 10:56:50 PM »
Ahh now this is a first for me.

I have 5 flights on My flights now TOM1GE is top of the list I clicked the flight ID and the aircraft changed to white on screen, as it should.

However the red out line which should now be on this flight ID is in fact on an empty line the ninth down? if I click any other flight or detail for this flight the red outline box remains line nine but will move to the status, Mode S Registration etc etc field or in other words whicever field i select for any of the five listed aircraft.

The TOM1GE flight reverts back to green as reported by others however clicking this flight it changes to white but the red outline box is stuck on line nine.

Same scenario remains I have clicked the map and my flights list nothing changed Red box in line 9 but I now have 7 flights on my flights list. All lights on RB appear to indicate normal operation.

Any ideas??

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »
How do you add a screen print which illustrates the above please?

John

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2009, 11:15:10 PM »
Hi Just a little further to reply 107. While the red box is locked on line 9 if I select any of the fields status  mode flight ID right through to dist and bearing on any of my flights  the cursor moves to the corresponding field on line 9. Except for the sillouhette and airline fields. I am about to restart the system as it appears frozen again.

John

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2009, 11:18:43 PM »
Ok, what we need is the steps which are causing this to go wrong so we can narrow it down to what the common step is. Not what happens when it goes wrong.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2009, 11:19:19 PM »
Hi rebooted and back to normal. But that is two freezes in the past few hours.

John

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2009, 11:23:17 PM »
Hi Airnav Ok I came in tonight saw the screen freeze and reported it. I simply had clicked my flights list and the screen refreshed and appeared to be running as normal. However i noticed the red outline box did not move when I clicked on an aircraft as reported. I then closed the system reopend it and it now seems normal. I'll watch it perhaps not this late but tomorrow and try and advise what i am doing when or if it happens again.

john

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2009, 02:29:12 AM »
We have locked this topic to keep V3.06 Beta discussion in one single thread and organize all the pending work.

Please go to topic below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3582