AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D Layers and More News  (Read 12907 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RadarBox 3D Layers and More News
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:45:27 AM »
We are very happy to announce that the beta testing for RadarBox 3D has just started.

First and until mid-Oct just inside our technical team. After that it will be available to our beta testing team. The application looks amazing. It is addictive even for us who spend hours daily during the last years looking at...RadarBox.

It is a totally different way of looking the airspace in real-time that not even controllers are used to.

The good news is that we are leaving a space for the enthusiasm and creativity of our users: just like users now create and share flags, silhouettes and airline logos you will soon start doing the same for 3D models and layers.

The application will have a folder where kml/kmz google earth compatible layers could be placed and read into the application. Real-Time Cloud Coverage, ATC Boundaries, etc, etc.

So our question is: what kind of layers should we place there by default? Does anyone of you have access to aviation specific layers for Google Earth? The more the better. There are hundreds of sites dedicated to GE layers on the web. It is better to have our users sharing their research with us than having us researching alone.

We are sure you will find something amazing. Try to focus on aviation and/or weather related layers pls. We will then try to create some screen shots with them.

And attached a screen shot created now with Speedbird 26 approaching London Heathrow in real-time. Hope you like it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:47:07 AM by AirNav Development »

MrT

Re: RadarBox 3D Layers and More News
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 04:08:46 AM »
Look sensational,  can't wait.

Cheers,
Paul.

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 04:32:05 AM »
Looks great but are airnav going to want another €15 on top of the €15 for real-time plus extra cost after the first year up another €15 so that €45 a month.

Way to expensive for me and airnav had the cheek to suggest the first year was free for the basic service,its not free my box cost me £400 that dont look free to me!!

I am a disabled and dont have that kind of money, its going to take me 2 years to pay for my box in the first place

So COME on airnav whats it going to cost?  You did promise it would cost a little extra anything over £2 a month is about my limit and I would wanted it added for the rest of my first year

If I wanted to pay for realtime and sign up for 6 months will that be wasted when 3D comes out?

puddy
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

neroon79

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 04:57:11 AM »
In addition to the Cloud Coverage a weather RADAR layer would be a great idea.

Because: Until now I use a scaled overlay of my Polar Diagram / Screenshot in GE with an activated weather RADAR Plug-in, to find the cause of "holes" in my real time air traffic. This was working quite well during the periods of heavy lightning Storms this summer. But to have it "one hand" in the new 3D RB Software would be a great thing.

May it be possible to create a different Icon/Symbol for each Air Craft type flying over the map?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 05:00:32 AM by neroon79 »
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

OKC-Steve

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 10:48:55 AM »
I used to go to the car show every year where they showed us what the big three were working on. I was SO excited.  Then 3 years later this piece of crap appeared that if you squinted real hard you could see your dream car.

Anyway, I love the vaporware advertising methodology.  It's SO dreamy.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
We'll see who has the last laugh then!

Was the real-time network vaporware, or am I being a bit harsh with you here - :-)

Terre

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »
Vaporware? Did you notice the words "beta testing for RadarBox 3D has just started" by chance? This display methode is real and available - even as we speak: get Andy Frost's GE plugin and off you go!

There's no big deal with the 3D: AirNav is exchanging the existing mapping component against a new one - Google Earth. That's it. The great thing is, it gives more freedom to the users customizing the RB application, as it enables one to add the various GE plugins, eg. real weather overlay is a snap then.

It's SO real.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:07:10 AM by Terre »

radarspotter10

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:05:17 AM »
Looks great but are airnav going to want another €15 on top of the €15 for real-time plus extra cost after the first year up another €15 so that €45 a month.

Way to expensive for me and airnav had the cheek to suggest the first year was free for the basic service,its not free my box cost me £400 that dont look free to me!!

I am a disabled and dont have that kind of money, its going to take me 2 years to pay for my box in the first place

So COME on airnav whats it going to cost?  You did promise it would cost a little extra anything over £2 a month is about my limit and I would wanted it added for the rest of my first year

If I wanted to pay for realtime and sign up for 6 months will that be wasted when 3D comes out?

puddy
hi puddy calm down relax, have a pint of the black stuff
from pat

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 11:06:33 AM »
Glass half full ........ or glass half empty - lol

Terre

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 11:24:50 AM »
Great aeronautical overlays are availabe for the US airspace, incl. aeronautical sectional, terminal area charts, 3D airspace polygons and flyway maps: http://www.gelib.com/aeronautical-charts-united-states.html

Others of interest are available here: http://www.barnabu.co.uk/flight-maps/

UK and Ireland Flight Maps - http://www.barnabu.co.uk/files/kmz/Flight_Maps_UK_Ireland.kmz

Google Earth - Complete US Air Routes - http://www.barnabu.co.uk/files/kmz/flight_route_map_usa_nl.kml

Live Global Clouds for Google Earth - http://www.barnabu.co.uk/files/kmz/global-cloud-layer-nl.kml

Flight Route Maps for New Zealand - http://www.barnabu.co.uk/files/kmz/Flight_Route_Map_New_Zealand.kmz

Flight Route Maps for Australia http://www.barnabu.co.uk/files/kmz/Flight_Route_Map_Australia.kmz

2200 Biggest Airports in the USA- http://www.barnabu.co.uk/files/kmz/2200-biggest-us-airports_nl.kml

- - -

So far I have not seen any aeronautical overlays for continental europe. So, if anyone has got some info on such overlays, please paste them here. Thank you.

MrK

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
will radarbox 3d be google-earth-only or will it include the existing "radarscope" ?

OKC-Steve

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 12:36:32 PM »
Was the real-time network vaporware, or am I being a bit harsh with you here - :-)

Nah!  I can take it, ha.

It's just something I notice from time to time.  I even remember when I said I was going to do something 10 years ago, and people are still waiting for me to cough it up, ha.

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 12:39:22 PM »
Yes, at work if I can leave things long enough, then either people forget about it, or it gets overtaken by events.

Not here on this forum though, we all have the memory of an elephant - ha!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 01:59:09 PM »
Just to answer puddy:

The 3D version is a one time fee not a subscription.

Regarding your other comment you paid for the RadarBox to recieve local flights. It is doing that for the price bought (i.e the basic service you mention), you are also given a as good well gesture a free one years network. The network is a ongoing cost to us (please note that bit) It takes a lot of money to keep the network going. Hence rather than adding a massive one time cost to the consumer we give them a choice if they need it and for what period.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »
Just to answer puddy:
The 3D version is a one time fee not a subscription.

I have the memory of an elephant too but airnav did say small fee  I just hope its not more than €15 per year

hi puddy calm down relax, have a pint of the black stuff
from pat

I cannot afford drinks  nor drugs
£105 a week doesn't go far these days

Puddy
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)