AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Real Time Network - Is It Worth Subscribing Too?  (Read 9575 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Real Time Network - Is It Worth Subscribing Too?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 03:21:27 PM »
Horses for courses Ian, nothing wrong with that.  I think that AirNav got so tired with people asking why there was a 5-minute delay to the Network and also with the misapprehension by some that all the displayed data (including live data) was 5-minutes delayed, it was good business sense just to go for everything live if you wanted it.

Already somebody has asked the question is the ShipTrax data will be live or 5-minute delayed, so to some people it is very important.

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »
Right, now I understand what you are saying (I think).  My issue with the too short Network time-out is that if I set it for 78 seconds as per tarbat's setting, about 5 seconds before the next 20 second network update, ALL my network tracks time out and the network connection light goes yellow.  Change my timeout setting to 90 seconds and all is OK.

You seem to be talking about something different here.  Do you really mean that you are only watching the real-time network on finals for Heathrow, or do you mean that the tracks are going from live (antenna) to network and you are loosing them for 3 miles each time?

I'm watching Heathrow now using real-time network only, and I can see the aircraft all the way to the ground and in fact on the ground too.

If you clarify, we'll try and help.
Interesting one isn't it!
I cannot see direct below about 4000ft at Heathrow as it is in a shadow so rely on the network below 4000Ft.
I have been trying to get a screen shot.
I think what is happening is Heathrow is on the limit of my range. I think my machine is suddenly seeing a signal direct and overiding the network, then timing out.
I will keep a close watch on it.
I tried to turn off MyFlights in the Advanced menu but Myflights were still displyed.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Allocator

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
All you need to do to turn off MyFlights is to untick the Process Hardware Flights below the MyFlights aircraft photos :-)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 03:30:31 PM by Allocator »

EK01

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 03:31:32 PM »
Horses for courses Ian, nothing wrong with that.  I think that AirNav got so tired with people asking why there was a 5-minute delay to the Network and also with the misapprehension by some that all the displayed data (including live data) was 5-minutes delayed, it was good business sense just to go for everything live if you wanted it.

Already somebody has asked the question is the ShipTrax data will be live or 5-minute delayed, so to some people it is very important.

Agreed Allocator. Good to have 3 options now available:
1 - Local My Flights only.
2 - Local My flights plus 5 minute delay Network.
3 - Local My Flights plus live Network.

You get what you pay for. Suits all pockets !

Ian

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 03:34:31 PM »
OK. So what does the Show MyFlights button do then?
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Allocator

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
Not a lot by the looks of it :-)

Left over from an earlier version of the software and not removed?

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 03:52:14 PM »
I listen to a/c on final approach to Heathrow on 120.400. Is that the correct freq or is there another better one?
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Allocator

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »
Register free on this website and do a search for Heathrow.  Put all the frequencies in your scanner and then listen and learn :-)  Heathrow has never been a 'one frequency' airport - the frequencies in use (and number of frequencies) will change as the traffic intensity changes

http://www.proma.org.uk/

Also do a search for London TMA and listen to these as well.

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »
Timeout is fine with Process hardware off so it must be something to do with a conflict with a direct signal.
Thanks for your help and discussion.
I must go and find some breakfast. I have been stuck in front of this screen all day!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Fenris

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 05:15:43 PM »
Still don't get the point of real time network.....snip.....
I stress, of course, that this is just my personal planespotter view.

I take an entirely different view, I have never been a planespotter in that I am not interested in seeing an logging or photographing aircraft individually, or writing registrations anywhere at all.

What I am interested in is the flow patterns of traffic either locally or in remote places and the ability to investigate individual aircraft if I feel like it.

For me, the real-time networking is perfect because I dislike any distortion of reality, expecially for specious "official" reasons.

Naturally we're all allowed to decide our own path and pay, or not, for what we want.

Great isn't it? ;-)