AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Network Traffic  (Read 11577 times)

Cumulus

No Network Traffic
« on: December 10, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »
Anybody seeing network traffic today ?

Cheers,

Peter

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: No Network Traffic
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »
Anybody seeing network traffic today ?

Cheers,

Peter

I've only been on for an hour, but you are right, the network appears to be down at the moment.  I've emailed Support and I'm waiting for a reply.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 07:46:50 PM »
Will take a look, bear with us.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:01:31 PM »
Thanks Support.

Looks like it's coming back online now - network traffic at 108 and building :-)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 08:03:05 PM by Allocator »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:09:57 PM »
Should be fine now. In case of any issues send us a direct email.
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 08:29:39 PM »
Situation corrected.

Cumulus

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 08:47:22 AM »
Situation corrected.

Thanks for the super fast response.

Cheers,

Peter

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 09:30:03 AM »
While we are talking about the network lets see a few more of you using it and lets see some better antennas so we get more from around the world.
As I type the network shows a total of 433 aircraft and I am putting over a third of those in. When we take the network off at the shop people notice.
So come on guys put an outside antenna on your Christmas list and start sharing some real data.
CHRIS @ ML&S

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 12:51:27 PM »
While we are talking about the network lets see a few more of you using it and lets see some better antennas so we get more from around the world.
As I type the network shows a total of 433 aircraft and I am putting over a third of those in. When we take the network off at the shop people notice.
So come on guys put an outside antenna on your Christmas list and start sharing some real data.

Some of us have to work for a living and I can't access the RadarBox network from the office!

Just because you are putting in 145 or so tracks (all with full position data I presume?) doesn't mean that one third of the network traffic is yours - what about the overlap with other users!

Seriously though (and I was joking just in case you weren't sure) I'm usually providing network data from 1900 - 2300 every night and most weekends from Shropshire and network coverage for the UK and NW Europe is pretty good.  Coverage of the rest of the world is a bit patchy, but it does depend on the time of day.  Interestingly enough, the PlanePlotter network coverage does fill in some of the RadarBox 'gaps' but then this data is shared by RadarBox and SBS-1 users so you are getting the best of both worlds.  Are you sharing your data with PlanePlotter users?

Where are you situated, I haven't noticed when you take the network off at the shop, but then I guess you are on the network when I'm at work - hi hi

But yes, I do agree with you that we need more 'power' sharers, but you don't need an outdoor antenna, just a clear view of the sky :-)

All the best

Allocator

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 01:49:54 PM »
We are in Chertsey and I disagree with the comment on out door antenna. If I limit myself to a 25 mile radius I have 42 Aircraft at the moment on indoor antenna and 57 on the outdoor which brings in the close in weaker signals. (Usually low down between houses on approach or south of the downs).

Certainly in New York I know there are more than the few aircraft we see flying over there and if the user upgraded his antenna system we would all benefit. Brazil as well could look busier.

We usually leave the machine running at night and we have 2 boxes running so we can compare one with and without the network.

Regards

Chris @ ML&S
CHRIS @ ML&S

Cumulus

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 01:55:44 PM »
but you don't need an outdoor antenna, just a clear view of the sky :-)
How do you achieve a clear view of the sky without an outside antenna. I agree, only with an external antenna correctly configured will you enjoy the full potential of the RadarBox.

I share H24 and use a SSE 1090SJ mk2 antenna connected via a Kuhne KU LNA 1090 A TM preamp and 10 m Ecoflex 15. The signal is split by a Huber & Suhner 4901.17.A Power Divider to feed the SBS-1 and RadarBox.

Attached a screenshot. The reduction in range between 220 and 310 degs is due to high ground.

Cheers,

Peter

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 02:07:49 PM by Cumulus »

Peter

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 02:07:23 PM »
Since I got my SP3 splitter yesterday my input count covering North Sea, East Anglia and Stansted reads 225 at present, my download from the server stands at 270. Previous to that, using the supplied aerial in the loft, I was only achieving around 90 on the RB over the middle of the day period. Now I am able to use the SBS outdoor aerial and consider that the RB is working well. However, the CPU is only a Intel 2.4GHz with 2 GB of RAM, and it is working very hard. If I need the computer for anything else, it is often necessary to stop the up / down link which allows me to use other programmes. Hopefully the next issue of software will reduce the CPU load so I can use the equipment for other jobs at the same time as uplinking information.

Regards

Peter

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 02:09:40 PM »
Wonderfull screenshot Cumulus.

At present we have a lot customers based in the UK (South mainly) and you can see from the network map that this area is fully covered and has a large amount of overlap (thats why it soo dark in the map)

Also just to note a handfull of other sites are not sharing at the moment due to internal testing of 1.4. The CPU usage issue has been noted and is being rectified for 1.4.
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 03:13:57 PM »
Cumulus,

Excellent screenshots there - you certainly have very good coverage.

How do I get a clear view of the sky without an outdoor antenna? I put my standard RadarBox antenna on the outside of my Velux roof window - OK, so it is an 'outdoor antenna' because it is outdoors, but my point was that you don't need to spend a fortune on an external antenna and low-loss feed cable to get good results.

Also, remember that the actual number of aircraft in your MyFlights list is dependant on your Timout and Hide settings.

See my earlier post regarding antennas and feed cable here:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=343.0

My coverage is nowhere near as good as Cumulus, but I'm quite happy with my setup.

Cumulus

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 04:41:33 PM »
Hi Allocator,

I put my standard RadarBox antenna on the outside of my Velux roof window

I think we can call that an indoor antenna outdoors except when it rains ;-)

My timeout is 15 secs with hide set at 5 secs.

Cheers,

Peter