anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: neckwork down?  (Read 11156 times)

EK01

Re: neckwork down?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »
Roadrunner,

Check out if you have perhaps some scheduled tasks runnung in the background which may be causing the problem

Ian

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »
I am using a laptop running vista (but RB is loaded outside programs area in C:/Mikes Toys/) it has 4G B RAM but is running nothing else at this time. I have just noted that I am seeing a message at javascript:void(0);the top of the aircraft list stating "Your Network data is delayed 5 minutes. Real time network data is available from AiNav Systems at extra cost. Click here for details, double click to hide forever."

Also my Eset security "active Network connections" shows ANRB sending 54.8kb and receiving 455.7kb so does that not show a viable connection?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 10:46:34 AM by Roadrunner »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »
Shutdown and restart you laptop gets my vote.

Roadrunner

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »
Tried that and am still not getting anywhere :-(

Allocator

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2009, 12:01:41 PM »
Are you getting any new photo downloads and auto populating of new aircraft?

If you enter an airport in the SmartView Select Airport box and hit Return, is RB connecting OK to get the weather?

Sounds like it maybe a Firewall issue?

Roadrunner

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2009, 12:03:22 PM »
I have just found the following page in the Eset Security Module but even changing that does not appear to give me access :-)

Picture attached

Edited - I can also confirm I can get Metar and updated aircraft pictures and every other internet connected avaiablility except the Network ...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:16:30 PM by Roadrunner »

Team Spirit

• AF1981 A380-800 passing T5 enroute CDG.
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2009, 12:57:23 PM »
Hi,

Yes same problem here too.

Was working fine earlier, but now no networked flts, am downloading pictures from my flights okay.

Just shows Network Not Conneted - have checked Firewall settings all are OK.

I've done several reboots too just incase but although the RB is busy with my flights no Networked ones.

I'll keep checking over the afternoon,

Best regards,

Dave.
Best regards Dave.

Roadrunner

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »
I am completely at a loss asto why I cant connect. Firewall seems OK and my RB is working for local flights, for updating picture and providing Metar info for my local airport....

Think I had better switch off and go shopping with the wife - even that will be less stressful than continuing with this :-)

Allocator

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »
I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with the Eset security module, so I can't help here.  It's almost certainly a Firewall issue so something must have changed - a Firewall/anti virus update for example.

Fenris

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 05:05:22 PM »
I am completely at a loss asto why I cant connect. Firewall seems OK and my RB is working for local flights, for updating picture and providing Metar info for my local airport....

If you install Wireshark you can capture (and filter) all the network activity and see what is happening which may allow you to identify what is preventing this working.

Team Spirit

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 05:13:16 PM »
Hi Brian,

I've got exactly the same problem - photos downloading fine on local flights, being advised Network Not Connected - Have spent nearly all day removing the program , reinstalling into a new location which works but the same network problem is being experienced.

The firewall is OK and the program has full access, have even turned it off and likewise with the Anti Virus prog turned off still no joy with networked flights!

What a way to 'waste' a day off !!

Oh well cuppa Tea time and a rethink again!! fabulous program when it works but driving me to distraction now :)

Best regards,

Dave. - PS is the server OK today? Just thought I'd ask :)

Best regards Dave.

Allocator

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2009, 05:16:21 PM »
Network server running faultlessly for me all day here.  I still think that this is some sort of Firewall issue, either with the PC, the modem or the provider.  I don't suppose that the 2 of you are with the same provider by any chance - or running the same Firewall program?

Team Spirit

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »
Hello Allocator - just to advise back up and running perfect :)

I removed my Kaspersky Anti virus prog with it's own firewall and have downloaded the Microsoft anti virus from their site. All now working perfectly and as you rightly say was a firewall problem even though never appeared before.

Have a great weekend - I can now go off shopping with the wife and daughter in the morning - leaving system doing the logging. :)

Best regards,

Dave - and chuffed at that !! )
Best regards Dave.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »
We can confirm that from all the server logs the ANRB network server has been up and running 100% of the time today.

Roadrunner

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 07:49:58 AM »
Hi all, just an update on my position. I put a service call to AirNav yesterday and after they advised me they fixed something with my account I am now receiving network traffic - with no changes to the firewall set up I had all day yesterday on both PC's !  Whatever it was it has gone now so I am a very happy bunny :-)