AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pricing?  (Read 14655 times)

eyestalk

Pricing?
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:04:18 PM »
Am I imagining things or is the price higher than was initially announced someplace?  I remember about a week or so ago I was thinking one of the benefits of the Airnav radarbox over the Kinetic box was price, but when I went to the Order screen for the radarbox today, the price seems to be about the same.

Plus when I do a calculation of the US dollar amount to the Canadian dollar at current exchange rates, the price being charged seems to be about 80 or so dollars higher...  Any idea why this is?

-Jon

rbje

Re: Pricing?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 08:27:15 PM »
I noticed the same thing today. The price is higher.

eyestalk

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:37:01 PM »
Darn... I was seriously going to order today, but the sticker shock when I got to the Order page made me think something was wrong...  I swear it was US$799.95 just a day or so ago, which would have made it about CAD$865... but at over CAD$1K...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 08:54:03 PM »
We were originally selling them at US$799 and there would be no tax extra as the product would be sent from Europe. However our dealers could not sell them at that price as they would have to pay tax in there countries. We wanted to keep the price the same across all dealers and our site and hence had to increase our price to match there tax rate that they would be paying.

This was unforeseen and we apologise.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 08:57:21 PM »
The UK price has gone up from GBP 425.00 to GBP 470.27

Not a good move as the launch date approaches.  The cost of the SBS-1 from Kinetic here in the UK is GBP 499.00

prbflight

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 02:09:19 AM »
Wow!  $100 dollar jump overnight.  I was considering ordering too but I think I will wait.  Over $1,000 CAD (plus duty) buys me a lot of Airnav Live Flight Tracker time!  This hobby is getting very expensive.

Paul@cyyb

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 03:42:54 PM »
lol, came on the site to look at ordering one ready for 1st July release and also find and extra $100 added :( no sale here now....
Cornwall, UK