anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments - 2  (Read 32931 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments - 2
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 01:13:39 PM »
gleff: simple answer, the software will always give priority to HW flights. If the flight is not available on the HW then it gets its data from the real-time network. The server will always maintain only the last known position of each flight.

gleff

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 01:18:17 PM »
Ahh.. okay.. that makes sense.. and the more I think about it, it makes even more sense the way I'd see the aircraft.. that's great.. I was having visions of aircraft jumping back and forth on the screen LOL.

I ordered my RB yesterday.. Can't wait to get it. 
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »
All Ok Gleff. Any question just post it on the forum or email our support. We will be happy to assist you.

radarspotter10

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »
Hi Pat

I am not sure what you are paying to PP.  As I said, once you have paid the very small fee at the start, all of the updates and network are provided FREE.
If you already have the RB or SBS for local traffic, then PP is fine for looking at other parts of the world for a lot of people.

CHeers
M
hi QF1
small fee it was not that small to me,  i wish i had his money,  and he can even provide free network access,  hes some boy.
from pat

palmar

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2009, 07:04:39 AM »
The concept to sell foreign unlicensed data buffles me. While the delayed data network can be considered as a garbage collection, certainly the sale of real time data are subject to a license. The owners of such data are the owners of the aircraft sending them out. Licensing is one of the big revenue generators in commercial aviation. It would be naive to believe that AA, DL, BA, LH, KL and all the others let this go unhappened and Airnav would not be flooded by legal action within a few months. Not to mention security constraints, pilot unions, CAA, OFCOMs.. just o name a few. Lawyers are just waiting for something like this to happen. Users should expect that their prepaid fees are lost once servers will be shutdown due to copyright or security infringements.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2009, 07:14:01 AM »
Well, that's a very cheerful post for a Sunday morning - meant to frighten potential subscribers to the real-time Network I expect.  Completely off topic too.

MikeC

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2009, 08:48:56 AM »
Well, that's a very cheerful post for a Sunday morning - meant to frighten potential subscribers to the real-time Network I expect.  Completely off topic too.

Why is it?

Surely this is relevant, given all the previous announcements and comments about legality and security issues?

This is untested water and it is possible that outside influences could shut down the Airnav network servers.  Personally I wouldn't welcome it but if one has paid an advance subscription, would it be refunded?  Could it be?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:15 AM »
OK, I'll rephrase that - the statement by palmar was out of CONTEXT with the way that the thread was progressing.

It does make me laugh how there were so many people complaining about the 5-minute delay and that there was no law to say that it should exist.  Now that there is the option to view real-time data, the doom merchants are coming out to say how awful it is that this is available and how everybody is going to loose their money.  As I see it. it's pure scaremongering and it is a direct attempt to discourage people from subscribing - I just can't see it any other way I'm afraid.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »
Having woken up to Network working and access to realtime flights, I had to switch off my PC for half an hour and when I returned to it and RB I find I am back to delayed Network. Anyone else getting this happen....?

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2009, 10:39:57 AM »
No. All OK here.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Roadrunner

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2009, 10:42:14 AM »
Have shut down, waited five minutes and restarted and back to Real-tim. Very strange :-(

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 10:44:51 AM »
Palmar,

We have already discussed this with our lawyers and also taken our time to consult many different authorities and got the go ahead. If there is a change a law or something does happen the customers will be protected and any time lost they will be refunded for.

Your post is a bit scare mongering and I our promise of refund on unused subscription puts it to rest for you and any others thinking along the same lines.

Roadrunner,

Shouldn't be like that, are you sure you didn't start a older version of RB :) We have had a few support tickets like that.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Roadrunner

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2009, 11:53:08 AM »
Roadrunner,

Shouldn't be like that, are you sure you didn't start a older version of RB :) We have had a few support tickets like that.

AirNav,
Only have v3.6 on my laptop so wasnt that but been OK since

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »
Like our Support write there is no reason for users to have any problem.

PS: We don't understand why the same users that complained so much about the lack of a Real-Time Network are now complaining about the problems that might arise from having it. Again the answers from our support say it all. Almost 100 users subscribed during the last 2 days which is an absolute success and shows that these kind of fears do not exist.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:28:20 PM by AirNav Development »

DazrahT

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2009, 02:29:30 PM »
AirNav, you can't please everybody all the time.

I for one am very happy with the live network data feature, it's expanded my area by a massive amount, thanks for adding this amazing feature.
In the middle of EGBE and EGBB