anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments - 2  (Read 32927 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments - 2
« on: October 01, 2009, 04:36:46 PM »
This thread intends to clarify some questions regarding the release of AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network . AirNav Systems team was so focused on the technical side of V3.06 release that we would like to apologize for not explaining in detail some facts regarding to this release.

---
1- Are there is any trials available for AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network:

Affirm, we have just created them.
Follow this link to get a free trial for 7 days. Note that if you do not cancel it, you will be charged after those 7 days and your trial will automatically turn into a full subscription. This is exactly the way all our other applications work.

RadarBox Real-Time Network 7 days Trial:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/order.html

---
2- Why there is a different pricing for Live:

As with any other software there is the need to create different values between different and better solutions. That's why Windows have a several version at different prices and is always Microsoft Windows. Unfortunately as with any other commercial service there is a lot of development going on behind the scenes and we cannot offer these solutions for free if our intention is, as it has always been, to constantly develop new solutions and improve our products.

---
3- Does the subscription have any limitations?

Absolutely not. There are no time limitations and data is live, real-time.

---
4- What if I don't want/need it?

Simply do not subscribe. All the previous options are still available. You can opt not to have network, to have a cheaper 5 minute delayed network or to have real-time network. It's up to you.

---
5- Will it work with any software version?

No. To have the real-time network you will need AirNav RadarBox 3.06 (or later) installed.

---
6- What is the default network when a user buys a brand new box?

By default, you'll still be on the delayed network.If you pay the real-time subscription, then you'll get the real-time network. The delayed 5 minute network is by default, activated for free for 1 year on any new box (just like before).

---

Any more questions please ask on this thread or directly to our support at [email protected]

Fenris

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments - 2
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 04:43:14 PM »
Would it be possible to transfer an existing subscription to the delayed network into a live network subscription running for half the time?

That would be an attractive option to those that have already renewed before the live network option was known about.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:52:40 PM »
Would it be possible to transfer an existing subscription to the delayed network into a live network subscription running for half the time?

That would be an attractive option to those that have already renewed before the live network option was known about.

Yes. Just order the Live Network (and order should be places, not a trial) and contact our support. We will then refund the remaining part of your old delayed network subscription.

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »

Yes. Just order the Live Network (and order should be places, not a trial) and contact our support. We will then refund the remaining part of your old delayed network subscription.

Will that work if the subscription is part of the RB purchase rather than something explicitly paid for?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »
The 1 year free of delayed network that comes with any RadarBox is maintained.
If you want to upgrade to the real-time network you can do so and in this case we will not be required to do anything because we cannot refund a free item. :-)

e777

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 05:50:24 PM »
replying to post #121,

If you are involved in that part of the hobby then yes, real-time would be useful, but at the moment I am content - even with the 5 min delay. I just wish that every single aircraft transmitted ADS-B so we could pick them up on RB.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 05:55:44 PM »
That's the reason why we are still keeping the delayed network available, for users like you.

Really

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »
I've just subscribed to the 7 dau trial for live network data, however, I don't believe it has worked correctly, it still takes 30 seconds to refresh the data, I believe it should be 20 seconds with 'real time', also at the bottom of the screen it just says 'Network' instead of 'Real Time Network' as indicated it should in another thread on here.

My serial number is ANRB00004 should you need it.

Cheers

Deadcalm

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
Just a couple more questions on the pricing issue - If one has purchased an additional 12 months of "delayed" network access and one wants to upgrade, would it not be fairer to be expected to pay the difference between the two for the remaining time rather than start again with the additional real time fee?

And, if it's still not performing correctly (vis-a-vis the last post), how can you be charged at all?  Surely one shouldn't really be charged until it's out of beta and a public release.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Fenris

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 06:49:59 PM »
I've just subscribed to the 7 dau trial for live network data, however, I don't believe it has worked correctly, it still takes 30 seconds to refresh the data, I believe it should be 20 seconds with 'real time', also at the bottom of the screen it just says 'Network' instead of 'Real Time Network' as indicated it should in another thread on here.

My serial number is ANRB00004 should you need it.

Cheers

I think there was a further updated anrb.exe in the previous thread on this subject, that seemed to fix it for someone else.

Dermot

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 07:24:21 PM »
I have been very interested in the news of the "Real Time Network" release. I totally agree that the Beta version should be available to existing "delayed Network" subscribers free until the final version is available for general release. After all surely its in AirNav's interest to have as many users as possible testing the Software for FREE. Another point to consider here is that the Data distributed on the AirNav network originates from AirNav customers like you and me! All the monies invested by all of us on antenna's and the like provides even more Data for AirNav to charge us all for. This sounds to me like a great Business model, don't you agree!

QF1

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 10:42:35 PM »

It is interesting that Plane Plotter for a very small one off fee can keep providing updates and live data without any large annual subscription.  That said, I do appreciate all that Air Nav are doing, but costs seems somewhat high, given as Dermot points out, that we are all providing the data for AirNav to distribute.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2009, 10:45:19 PM »
Really: "I've just subscribed to the 7 dau trial for live network data, however, I don't believe it has worked correctly, it still takes 30 seconds to refresh the data, I believe it should be 20 seconds with 'real time', also at the bottom of the screen it just says 'Network' instead of 'Real Time Network' as indicated it should in another thread on here."

Download and install V3.06 again.

Deadcalm: as explained above if you order the real-time network and still have months to use the paid delayed network, we will refund you those months. Just contact our support about this.

Dermot: "I totally agree that the Beta version should be available to existing "delayed Network" subscribers free"

This is exactly what is happening. The Beta V3.06 is available for free for everyone.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2009, 10:48:44 PM »
QF1: we will not start discussing the quality of RadarBox vs Planeplotter or our competitors. We are very clear: AirNav Systems products have high quality, are developed by aviation professionals and we want to continue our development and to have the best possible quality and innovations on the market.

RadarBox network is by far the biggest available with more than 300 permanent sharers. There are several options: no network, delayed network and real-time network. Each one with its own price (no network is free of course).

Feel free to choose the option that's better for you.

QF1

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 10:56:33 PM »

I quite understand your point of view and in most parts of the world RB has the best coverage, but despite what you claim, PlanePlotter is free once you have paid the small fee and while it does not have all the features of RB it does have some that RB does not have.

As you point out, it is everyone's free choice, but please don't say there is no such thing as a free network, because PlanePlotter does provide it.  I use SBS, RB and PP so I am very able to compare all three products and as I have stated before on this forum, each has its own advantages.

Cheers
M