anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.06 Beta  (Read 96410 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.06 Beta
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2009, 05:28:08 PM »
Sorry, you've lost me :-)

Are you saying that you don't want to see UTC, or am I looking in the wrong place on the screen?

TedLoon

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2009, 05:53:24 PM »
Allocator
            on the OP (opening post) it states

UK/Ireland Time on status bar now shown correctly;

I assumed that this was to correct the time. But if the time has to be GMT and not BST then i'm ok with it. hope this makes sense

colin

TedLoon

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 05:59:09 PM »
Update

the reason I was asking was the day and night shadow seem to be way off... but i just looked and it literally jumped from norfolk to ireland in a split second....... talk about night time fell lol

John Racars

« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »
He did say that he sees duplicates but only when he orders the flights by distance.

Did you read his attribute from the beginning or from the end?
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Bat 21

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »
 I did the small download for users with any V3 - (the last option) with the file that is put in the airnav folder to overwrite the .exe file.

Results are terrible ... more duplicate entries appearing in my flights and if left running the thing freeezes & stops writing to my log.

Also do we have to double click on that message about the real time networking without the 5mins delay every time we switch RB on?

I assumed if we double clicked once to get rid it would not come back next time RB was started ... mine does keep coming back

Would one of the other downloads work better ?
and if so should I delete or rename my current airnav folder
Thanks for any advice

Allocator

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2009, 06:54:00 PM »
I would rename your current RB installation folder - just add something like Original to the end of the folder name.  This preserves all you files and settings in case you need any of them later.

Then download the FULL Beta V3.06 file and run this file to create a new clean installation.

One health warning, if you are running Vista, then it might nor be as simple as renaming the directory?  One of the Vista 'gurus' will have to step in here.

Bat 21

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2009, 06:59:50 PM »
Cheers Allocator - will give that ago tomorrow (XP so no worries)
Thanks for the advice
Bat 21

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2009, 07:25:32 PM »
does somebody else have this "problem" to ? : in My Flights, when i pick up a plane that does not has a photo in my DB yet, no photo get's downloaded ( i have the "download photo box ticked, and yes, i do find the plane in the airliners.net db manually ) but when this happens when i'm on the network, the photo does download ?! has this to do with the Beta version ? i had the same in the prior beta, but in the last 2.X all wen't well.

Allocator

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
Photo downloads seem to be working OK for me - although when it says sometimes that there is no photo available, I'm not bothering to check airliners.net manually to see if it is there.

Edit:  Just checked a handful of aircraft that autopopulated without a photo, but when I did a manual search on airliners.net, there wasn't a photo for the aircraft, so all seems to be OK for me.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 07:40:01 PM by Allocator »

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »
it is only in "my flights" that i have that problem, flights from the network do download the photo.
just a bit earlier this evening i had KLM F70 PH-KZV showing up in my flights ; no picture, and non available acording to RB, when i go to airliners.net i do find a photo of the plane ( only one ) in the normal db, and so it goes with all "my flights" without picture : i always have to get them manually, somethimes airliners does'nd have a pic of it, but often they do, anyway ; with network flights all works as it should be ?!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2009, 07:53:28 PM »
Confirmed as a bug.  If there's only one photo on airliners.net, and you selected "download 2 photos" in preferences, Radarbox doesn't download any photo.

That's one we missed in closed beta - sorry!!

Hosch

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
Good evening

I have problems with V3.06. It freezes after some hours and I have to restart the program. I downloaded the upgrade and just overwrote the ANRB.exe from V3.01. Never had this problem with other versions before. Thanks for your help.

(Windows XP)

Allocator

« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2009, 08:00:48 PM »
I'd rename your exiting RB installation directory, then download the FULL V3.06 file and do a fresh install.  Once you have established that it's running OK, then you can copy over any data files (MyLog.db3) from the old (renamed) installation to the new directory.

I ALWAYS do this when a new version comes out.  If I want to go back to the old version, I just delete the new directory and rename the old directory to it's original name - easy :-)

Personally, I don't like 'upgrades' as you end up with all sorts of files you might not need.  Windows upgrades are a case in point here!

Hosch

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
Thanks Allocator ! I'll give it a try

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »
Confirmed as a bug.  If there's only one photo on airliners.net, and you selected "download 2 photos" in preferences, Radarbox doesn't download any photo.

That's one we missed in closed beta - sorry!!

well, i don't have the option for 2 photos download ticked, i only want 1 photo as they take a bit to much space i.m.o.
and as i mentioned before, i have this 'problem' only on local flights ; anything from my network list does get a picture automaticly if available on airliners
and it does not matter if there is only 1 picture availlable, even if there are more, in "my flights"  = no automatic picture download.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:16:14 PM by vonsmalhausen »