AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.06 Beta  (Read 96253 times)

bratters

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.06 Beta
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 08:08:39 AM »
I regret I still have a problem with My Flights and aircraft not being removed until a huge pile up occurs and the program hangs.

As far as I can tell this only happens when I sort MyFlights by Dist(NM) in descending order - ie furthest away first.

The MyFlights numbers steadily increase as flights are not removed (ten second timeout in my case) then the whole thing just grinds to a halt. The only answer seems to be to shut down and start again.

This does not seem to happen if I sort by Flight ID or Airline and the problem did not effect V 2.01.

Hope this helps.

Johnn

• Y'ello
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2009, 08:46:24 AM »
Will I need to start my polar diagram again, due to this nice upgrade?
Many Thanks
Johnn
Johnn -

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 08:49:33 AM »
Will I need to start my polar diagram again, due to this nice upgrade?

Backup your existing program directory before you start, just in case you need to restore some files.

The polar diagram data is saved in:
C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data\D0012.dat

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 01:19:28 PM »
Using Full update had problems below

Have same problem re home network settings screen hangs

When re-booted box failed to work hardware box came up with checking error and no local aircraft or network aircraft showed upto pick up

Dell studio 1555 only 1 month old.   Intel Centrino 2 2.4ghz 8 gb ram 250 hard drive 22gb used ati HD 4570 card 512mb video card running Vista 32bit ultimate version all update running. Tried with and without Panda global pro 2010 anti virus

will try update version next

Puddy
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

swadeep

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 01:22:14 PM »
Hi Airnav. i apologize for asking this as i have been away from forum for too too long but i was wondering if it now works with VISTA 64 bit? As in has it got proper drivers now?

Thanks
Best Wishes
Swadeep

Fenris

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »
Hi Airnav. i apologize for asking this as i have been away from forum for too too long but i was wondering if it now works with VISTA 64 bit? As in has it got proper drivers now?

Until Microsoft sign the drivers and provide them to Airnav they can't be released. The delay is not down to Airnav, but they did state that if they are available when the v3.x software is released then they will put them in the installer package then. Otherwise they will be released separately at a later date.

EK01

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 01:43:53 PM »
If I install the full new version, is it put into a different destination folder from the current 3.01 beta just in case I have any problems or wish to copy/paste over any info. from one folder to another.

Thanks,

Ian

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »
We are copying all the user reports. Rgd Windows 64bit drivers we are still waiting for Microsoft (tks Fenris for the update).

Manuel Mendes

• Manuel Brito Photography
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 02:47:51 PM »
Sugestions:
1- Only select an aicraft if double clicked instead of putting the mouse over it.
2- The toolbars more arranjed to gain some space and better aspect.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 03:59:22 PM »

Hi All

Alerts - Is this behaviour by design?  The sw doesn't alert for a second time in a day if a hit is made.  For example.  Earlier this morning I had an alert for 737 EI-EFR.   This afternoon it's flown past again and this time no alert.  

Saw this behaviour in the previous versions but wanted to test with 3.06 before posting.

Can you advise if its a feature or bug?

Graham
Posted back here because it is the correct thread!!!  Old age getting the better of me.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 04:19:58 PM »
Alerts - Is this behaviour by design?  The sw doesn't alert for a second time in a day if a hit is made.  For example.  Earlier this morning I had an alert for 737 EI-EFR.   This afternoon it's flown past again and this time no alert.  

Saw this behaviour in the previous versions but wanted to test with 3.06 before posting.

Well the official list of suggestions/improvements includes a reference to

Email Alerts at consecutive days problem corrected

which kind of suggests that you're only meant to get one alert per day per aircraft, though I could be wrong.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Fenris

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 04:22:27 PM »

Well the official list of suggestions/improvements includes a reference to

Email Alerts at consecutive days problem corrected

which kind of suggests that you're only meant to get one alert per day per aircraft, though I could be wrong.

Email alerts and on-screen alerts are not the same though are they? I'm assuming Graham means on-screen alerts.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2009, 04:25:19 PM »
Email alerts and on-screen alerts are not the same though are they? I'm assuming Graham means on-screen alerts.

OK, I stand corrected.  I'd been assuming that the alerting logic was the same regardless of how the alerts were delivered - on screen or via email.

But if you're saying that that's not the case ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Fenris

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »

OK, I stand corrected.  I'd been assuming that the alerting logic was the same regardless of how the alerts were delivered - on screen or via email.

But if you're saying that that's not the case ...

I'm saying it may not be the case, but I don't know for sure.

I'm not certain that I've ever seen an aircraft I have an alert set for twice in a day, so it's possible that this has never worked for me either.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 05:35:40 PM »
Definitely referring to on screen alerts. 

The scenario I have is an arrival at LHR might not be seen due to inbound routing but outbound would be seen so a second alert is needed by me.  Maybe a feature request if its not a bug.

Thanks

Graham
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 05:37:36 PM by GreekSpy2001 »