AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments  (Read 47254 times)

Deadcalm

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 09:09:07 AM »
I think I'll hang fire until there is a more comprehensive explanation as to what's involved for existing users, and how it all works, and what to expect when it's all running - is it a separate programme, or is it an add-on to the existing one?  So little comprehensive information.  There needs to be a definitive (and accurate) description from the manufacturer.  Until then, I'll wait.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

EMA

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 09:09:46 AM »
So to clarify, only Tarbat can see the real time network at the moment with this beta?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 09:10:35 AM »
So to clarify, only Tarbat can see the real time network at the moment with this beta?

And one other beta-tester AFAIK.

EMA

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »

Our intial requirement is to confirm its all working fine.

So this request only applied to two people?

EMA

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 09:33:27 AM »
So where do I sign up to get "flagged" as a real-time network account for the remainder of my free period ?

My guess is that you pay your £14.31 per month, and get the real-time network.  No mention of a "discounted" price during the first year.

I doubt anyone will pay without seeing how it works first.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 09:35:20 AM »
Ok lets clear up things. As things are moving fast (even for us : )

1.) Access to Live network is only open to those who have paid for the live network (or some closed beta testers)

2.) This is still beta so we are rolling it out and testing, so we MAY allow a few trials. This needs to be discussed internaly.

3.) No free year for Live network is being given at the moment.

For those who are saying we want to see it and compare to the delayed network: The only difference between the two is that one is Live (subject to internet delay of uploading and then downloading) and its being updated every 20 seconds.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EMA

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 09:39:36 AM »
At least now I know I am not going to be viewing a live network even with the beta.

I think the initial wording was a bit confusing for many of us.

bratters

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 09:40:03 AM »
I make that one year free on 5 minute delay then pay-as-you-go on realtime. I still fancy some sort of trial period- say 7 days - for evaluation myself.

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 09:48:00 AM »
i will stick to the delayed network for now, i do not find the real time feature so important for me, and i think i will choose the cheapest solution, at least until i have time to evaluate well the advantages.
frank
ciao.
frank

Cumulus

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2009, 09:51:16 AM »

2. If you pay the real-time subscription, then you'll get the real-time network.

I did and I do and I concur with the comments made by Tarbat.

Regards,

Peter

vaio

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2009, 10:06:27 AM »
Generally lurk here... I only use my (expensive) Radarbox occasionally so really do not wish to spend much money on this 'hobby'. But I would like to say that the idea that Real time network data is double the cost is a real kick in the teeth for people. Subs for delayed data is already quite high, which makes one think twice about extending the 'account' . The release was vague enough for many to be confused about who and how to get access. Personally I think that the high cost of the new network is pants! I guess the release of the 3D in november will come with somewhat similar added cost!
Just my 2p worth
cheers!

vaio

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2009, 10:13:12 AM »
In fact I would go as far as to say that if the original price structure was kept I might (stress might) have been interested in renewing my account, but the attempt to squeeze hobbyists for some more wonga, for what they should have had from the get go, is a little bit much.

cheers!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 10:14:12 AM »
vaio,

1.) This is a beta release not a full release.
2.) The network subscription is not expensive when you realise the servers required to keep this running and the very large network demands.

The choice is yours, we haven't switched delayed off and forced everyone to pay for the Live one.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

QF1

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2009, 10:16:12 AM »
Now that AirNav have taken legal advice that live sharing is OK, one wonders if another company will re-look at their live sharing, as they had planned to offer this free of charge - we will just have to wait and see.  The improvements that have come with 3.06 have meant more aircraft for me so the live sharing will be good!

OKC-Steve

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
Note that Raw data feed (30003 output port) used by a few users to send data to external applications, is still delayed 5 minutes (so no one will be able to feed external applications with raw data in real-time).

As they say: move two steps forward, and then back one.

Crippled software is still crippled software.