anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: :)  (Read 4959 times)

romdouk

:)
« on: September 29, 2009, 05:07:51 PM »
?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 10:02:12 PM by romdouk »

John Racars

Re: Editing the Database
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 05:59:28 PM »
What file do I need to copy from the Data folder in order to keep my amended database as it is when I install the new v3.06?

Hi Terry,

To keep your amended database you should copy the "NavData.db3" file.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

bearcat

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »
Hi Terry

You can edit your database with an SQL editor. Although I'm not an expert I used SQL Lite Browser.

Point 2 I think actype is a hangover from a previous version and there is no way to change it

Stewart

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:06:58 PM »
SQLite Maestro is good, but not free.  I use it for all my database editing, reporting, queries, etc.

bearcat

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 07:15:13 AM »
Hi Terry

I've used SQ Lite to do mass updates/delete. Have a look at this site, I find it helpful

http://www.w3schools.com/SQl/sql_intro.asp

Make a copy of your Navdata file to practice on, so you don't break your main file

Hope this helps

Stewart

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 08:42:47 AM »
Just to clarify, SQLite is the database platform chosen by AirNav (and, prior to that, by Kinetic) to host the data embedded in their respective products.

SQLite is a pretty standard implementation of SQL (Structured Query Language), an industry-standard language for defining and manipulating databases and the data therein, with other probably better-known implementations including MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc)

There are dozens of utilities available to allow a user to interact with an SQLite database using SQL commands - some are free and some are shareware or commercial products such as SQLite Maestro.  Similarly, some have a nice GUI front end to make the data definition and manipulation process easier, whereas some are fairly crude (but equally powerful) command-line tools which demand a bit more knowledge of SQL.

My personal preference is for the latter (see www.sqlite.org/download.html), but that's probably a result of having lived and breathed SQL for the last 20 years  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour