anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UK Emergency flight list  (Read 4766 times)

Jeremy

• Jeremy
UK Emergency flight list
« on: September 22, 2009, 03:52:36 PM »
I came across this today. I though others might be interested.
J.
http://www.ukemergencyaviation.co.uk/index.php
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

EK01

Re: UK Emergency flight list
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »
Interesting site, Jeremy, but not sure how up to date it is. The Strathclyde police are currently using EC135's G-SPAO and G-BZRS with call-signs of Police 51 and Police 51A.

Brimon

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »
Interesting site, Jeremy, but not sure how up to date it is. The Strathclyde police are currently using EC135's G-SPAO and G-BZRS with call-signs of Police 51 and Police 51A.

How come you know the all Polis flights EK? Experience?
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:21:27 AM »

I think you may be right on how up to date the info is but the site itself is not dormant. The CG info is correct.
How does one find out what mode-s code these aircraft put out as this is the trigger for aircraft type, silloutes, logos etc.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:41:35 AM »
To find the mode-s codes for any aircraft, use airframes.org, but if you want totally up-to-date codes for G- registered aircraft, use G-INFO (http://www.caa.co.uk/ginfo)

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:03:51 AM »

How come you know the all Polis flights EK? Experience?

Brimon,
Normally pick them up hovering over the Motherwell/Clyde Valley area !
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:06:17 AM by EK01 »

Brimon

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »

Normally pick them up hovering over the Motherwell/Clyde Valley area !
[/quote]

Granted we do get a lot across here, they are normally looking for the East Kilbride wide boys!

EK01

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:02:01 AM »
Brian,

Were you listening in on Airband about 30 minutes ago by any chance. What looked like 3 military helicopters flew over EK heading towards your neck of the woods. They were not showing any signals on the RB. Just wondered if you may have got a flight ID on ATC and where they had come from or were heading to. I did not have the radio on at the time.

Ian

Helimed

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 03:59:06 PM »
Hi Guys,

The site is by no means dormant, I try my best to update it every day where possible be it via gallery images, Police/AA aircraft info etc. I'll see if I can get today's Helitech photos on tonight.

All of the registrations on the AA/Police/CG pages should link to GINFO if you click on them.

EK01 you are right on both counts, UKP051 is Strathclyde's Callsign for communications with ATC and the like, however the 'In Force' callsign I believe to be Victor Mike 70. I will try my best to add all of the ATC callsigns this week to the Police pages, probably should have done this a while ago to save confusion.

Strathclyde have an EC135 backup aircraft as part of the contract; this is most likely as to why you will have seen G-BZRS flying around - G-SPAO was back down at Gloucester with Bond on maintenance, certainly on the 4th (Probably its annual). There is a photo on flickr of it if you want to look at it. It may well be back now, I don't know.

If you have any questions/comments please do not hesitate to contact me through the site.

Regards,
Dan.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 04:20:12 PM »
Thanks for the update, Dan - great site!

Rod
Rod

Helimed

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 04:38:24 PM »
Thanks Rod.

Yes G-SPAO must still be down at Gloucester and G-BZRS is covering for it, see here:- http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedpics_2/3944893766/

Regards,
Dan.

Brimon

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 07:42:44 AM »
Brian,

Were you listening in on Airband about 30 minutes ago by any chance. What looked like 3 military helicopters flew over EK heading towards your neck of the woods. They were not showing any signals on the RB. Just wondered if you may have got a flight ID on ATC and where they had come from or were heading to. I did not have the radio on at the time.

Ian

Ian,
      Unfortunately I wasn't listening to Airband, listening to the football instead!
Would have been more interesting with the Airband.
Regards
Brian

EK01

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 06:07:22 PM »
Hi Guys,

The site is by no means dormant, I try my best to update it every day where possible be it via gallery images, Police/AA aircraft info etc. I'll see if I can get today's Helitech photos on tonight.

All of the registrations on the AA/Police/CG pages should link to GINFO if you click on them.

EK01 you are right on both counts, UKP051 is Strathclyde's Callsign for communications with ATC and the like, however the 'In Force' callsign I believe to be Victor Mike 70. I will try my best to add all of the ATC callsigns this week to the Police pages, probably should have done this a while ago to save confusion.

Strathclyde have an EC135 backup aircraft as part of the contract; this is most likely as to why you will have seen G-BZRS flying around - G-SPAO was back down at Gloucester with Bond on maintenance, certainly on the 4th (Probably its annual). There is a photo on flickr of it if you want to look at it. It may well be back now, I don't know.

If you have any questions/comments please do not hesitate to contact me through the site.

Regards,
Dan.

Thanks for the extra info Dan. To date G-BZRS is still up here.

Cheers,
Ian

Helimed

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 08:22:48 PM »
No problem Ian.

I could add the Hex codes for each airframe (where known) to the AA/Pol/CG aircraft if it would be felt as a worthwhile addition?

Dan.