AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Lindy USB 2.0 Active Extension System Pro  (Read 2322 times)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Lindy USB 2.0 Active Extension System Pro
« on: September 28, 2009, 07:31:59 PM »
Hi all,

Since receiving the standard antenna from GlynH, I've been getting aircraft from up to 250nm on a regular basis.    This is using the RB upstairs, with the bog-standard basic antenna and connected to my wife's lap-top downstairs by way of a Lindy USB 2.0 Active Extension System Pro. 12m extension Part No. 42783.   I'm also receiving aircraft from up to 75nm from the east, previously 30 miles max. when I first received the RB (gable roof ridge, just behind aerial siting point.   

My reception is so much better than when I first had the RB, that I tried going back to the original set up, with no Lindy extension, and lap-top powering the RB, reception dropped back significantly - conclusion the power supplied by the "Active" Lindy system is giving the RB a better supply than it was getting from the lap-top (irrespective of whether it was on the mains or battery power), giving an approx 25-30% improvement in reception, plus I can now view the info. in our living room without having to go up and sit on the stairs!

I have no connection with Lindy whatsoever (other than being a very satisfied customer), and a query to their Technical Dept. was answered very quickly and clearly.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/12m-usb-2-active-extension-pro-4-port-hub/42783.html

The Maplin passive USB/Cat 10m 5/6, did not work at all, although the green power LED was on and Blue USB LED was flashing every second or so.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 07:33:59 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!