anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.05 Available  (Read 37343 times)

GlynH

Re: V3.05 Available
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
One big issue that has been mentioned before and has just struck me down...again

If when you load ANRB and then choose not to run it by clicking Cancel the next time you run it you get the default screen with the Vertical Tracking View at the bottom and no interface.

Also gone is the complete Alerts list preferences, Smartview of course, default METAR & Home Location amongst others...God only knows what else?

If you then go to run a previous version it too has lost its settings...

Really annoying and totally unecessary in my opinion.

Just what is it with AirNav and User Preferences anyway??

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2009, 10:31:43 PM »
I'll leave the new version running overnight, but I see it's exactly the same .EXE as the previous release, so don't expect any problems.

GlynH

« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »
The same .exe?

Well I am seeing that damn sleepy pointer and some strange menu behaviour back again...too coincidental to be anything but the latest version I have just installed and run...

When I am navigating the menus (as I need to do to reset all of the settings lost as per my last post) the menu will sometimes disappear leaving just the menu name in the title bar highlighted.

I can run my mouse along the title bar and as I do each menu name, File, Filters, Map, Tools, Window, Help etc. will highlight to show which menu is selected but the menu does not show.

I then have to click the bar again to actually display the menu...

<sigh>

Do I sound frustrated?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2009, 10:49:07 PM »
Glyn: can you send me, ASAP, an email? You have my email address on your messages folder of this forum.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
"If when you load ANRB and then choose not to run it by clicking Cancel the next time you run it you get the default screen with the Vertical Tracking View at the bottom and no interface."

Corrected.

"Also gone is the complete Alerts list preferences, Smartview of course, default METAR & Home Location amongst others...God only knows what else?"

Have installed the upgrade, the full version or just replaced the exe?

"When I am navigating the menus (as I need to do to reset all of the settings lost as per my last post) the menu will sometimes disappear leaving just the menu name in the title bar highlighted."

Please drop me an email regarding this one ASAP.

GlynH

« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2009, 11:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the correction...as I have been caught out before I keep all of my Alerts in a spreadsheet ready for quick input into ANRB but its really annoying all the same!

OK...I have sent you an email as requested but I do have to be up for work in less than 5 hours...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2009, 12:12:25 AM »
We haven't received any email from GlynH so we will have to wait one more day for the final release.

GlynH

« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2009, 12:38:07 AM »
Well I waited over an hour for a reply Andre but I guess you must be busy so I am off to bed now as it is 1:40 in the morning here and my alram is set for 5:15 :-(

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2009, 01:09:55 AM »
We haven't received any email from GlynH

Sometimes its a bit difficult to work out where to email you, your signoff says [email protected] but your profile says [email protected] :)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2009, 01:19:51 AM »
[email protected] should not be used. It is our customer support email.
You should always use [email protected] to contact me directly. I'm sorry for the problem.

GlynH

« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2009, 04:55:25 AM »
But your pm also gave another email address where you were supposed to be online at that time and bearing in mind there have been problems with your email address at airnavsystems.com I sent it to the alternative address you left...

The last time I ran ANRB before going to bed just 4 hours ago it sat there displaying the start-up splash screen for an extended period of time...

TaskManager reported ANRB.exe as Not Responding but then after a few minutes it decided to start.

This was following the fresh install and a reboot using the default databases (small) which usually speed up the loading process.

I have not/will not have time to test again most of the day as I need to be out of the door shortly for work...

As my last email said as I seem to be the lone voice in the wilderness again so why not just go ahead and release it anyway?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

EMA

« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2009, 07:10:30 AM »
Downloaded the latest full install and so far all is working well.

No delays or hangups.

DVDW

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2009, 09:38:23 AM »
Same overhere, downloaded the new version of the latest full install, no problem with corrupted files this time and everything is working smooth and well.

Regards,

Dirk.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2009, 10:01:56 AM »
All good here, other than the full install overwriting my existing log file.

fwiw - Also running with the new Microsoft Security Essentials, no impact noted.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2009, 11:26:21 AM »
All good here, other than the full install overwriting my existing log file.

fwiw - Also running with the new Microsoft Security Essentials, no impact noted.

Always a good idea to rename your existing RB directory so that the 'fresh' install doesn't overwrite anything - or to prevent having a mixture of old/new files.

It's also easy to then copy across your database files from the old installation to the new one if you want to.