anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.05 Available  (Read 37375 times)

GlynH

Re: V3.05 Available
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2009, 07:10:12 PM »
Hi CAM,

I nearly posted stats this morning although I was going to use 16% as my example!

Can you imagine 16-17% of 2500 Forum Users experiencing the same problem as you and Andy?

Nearly 400 users statistically...although the whole idea of a Public Beta is just that...a Public Beta.

Maybe release this Beta with the proviso to look out for the same problem as you two guys might be the way to go?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2009, 08:16:28 PM »
Customers won't see the public beta as a "test version". We also don't want to give the impression it has a fault as people with either not install it and or automatically assume they have the same issue.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
Agreed.  Release the public beta, but don't highlight potential faults, as others will "find" the same problem.

Maybe release with the normal "beta" warning.   Say that it's been tested by a small group of closed beta testers, and there may still be problems that need a wider public beta to identify any problems.

That was always the approach I took as a testing manager.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2009, 04:29:52 AM »
The last full install is available at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/beta/ANRB306BetaSetup.exe

The upgrade (for users with V2.xx) is available at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/beta/ANRBUpgradeto306Beta.exe

Please download and install it and test it one more time. We had to make a last minute change to the 30003 port output but it should not interfere with the rest of the application.

Rgd the points above: we strongly believe they are computer related but let's wait for the public opinion. We are still releasing it to the public as a beta so we are open for more (minor) corrections.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2009, 08:41:48 AM »
The last full install is available at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/beta/ANRB306BetaSetup.exe

The version number looks better - same as the last one I had now.

It still deleted my old logfile (MyLog.db3) when I installed over the last version.

We are still releasing it to the public as a beta so we are open for more (minor) corrections.

Any chance of getting RadarBox to remember the state of the "Connect to AirNav ACARS Decoder" checkbox, between restarts :)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
I'm having a problem with V3.06 on the laptop when I use the altitude filter.  As soon as I select the filter on, the map freezes.  Everything else continues to work as normal, but the map becomes a 'window' and minimising RB and restoring it again shows the other program where the map window should be - see the screen shot below.

This is the same if just Live or Live and Network is selected.  I did recover this by right clicking on the map to bring up the 'close map' menu, closing the map and then opening a new 'default' map via the Map menu list - however, this didn't work one time I tried it.

I didn't have the laptop with me last week, so I'm not sure when this issue was intruduced, as it's not something I've seen before.  I'm running a fairly poor mobile broadband connection, but as this happens without the Network selected, I'm not sure if this is related.

V3.06 worked fine on the main PC at home.

As long as I don't use the altitude filter, everything looks OK.

Edit: Don't be mislead by the section of the RB map showing in the screen shot - this is Paintshop Pro with this screen shot showing 'through' RB, not the RB map.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:01:27 PM by Allocator »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »
I'm having a problem with V3.06 on the laptop when I use the altitude filter.  As soon as I select the filter on, the map freezes. 

I've never used the altitude filter before. Just tried it now. No freezes, but interesting effect.

I selected Altitude < 8000

The flight info in the text interface filtered correctly, but all aircraft continued to be displayed on the radar screen - even those over 8000 feet!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #172 on: September 28, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »
Where did you select the altitude filter? In the advanced filter button right of the quick list filter on the top toolbar or over the flight grid?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #173 on: September 28, 2009, 02:11:25 PM »
BTW we have tried both altitude filter option on 3 computers here and all performed as expected. If the problem still happens can you pls check if all altitude values for all flights are numbers?

Allocator

« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2009, 02:26:54 PM »
BTW we have tried both altitude filter option on 3 computers here and all performed as expected. If the problem still happens can you pls check if all altitude values for all flights are numbers?

I ran out of time testing this at lunchtime, but I'll get back to it tonight.  Initially I was using the Advanced menu and just accepting the default altitude filter levels 0-15000 ft, but I also tried this via the main Filter(?) menu with the same result.  I did manage to convince myself at at one point that if I put anything in the lower filter greater than zero, then it was OK, but I need to revisit this.  I use the altitude filter extensively when I'm here in London due to the high traffic density, so I'm not doing anything different.  I can't imagine why the altitude filter should affect the drawing of the map.  As nobody else has reported this and it only happens on my laptop, it's just a heads-up at the moment just in case it appears when released to the general public.

I'll do some more testing and try to pin this down this evening - it could be something completely unrelated to the RB software itself.  It's just odd how it happens without fail when I click that filter button. 

Allocator

« Reply #175 on: September 28, 2009, 02:29:09 PM »
I'm having a problem with V3.06 on the laptop when I use the altitude filter.  As soon as I select the filter on, the map freezes. 

I've never used the altitude filter before. Just tried it now. No freezes, but interesting effect.

I selected Altitude < 8000

The flight info in the text interface filtered correctly, but all aircraft continued to be displayed on the radar screen - even those over 8000 feet!

I suspect that you are using the Quick Filters, not the Advanced Filters that allow you to filter aircraft on the map by altitude band, distance from a point or by aircraft type.  These filters work ONLY on the map, not the aircraft lists.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #176 on: September 28, 2009, 02:42:34 PM »
Let's wait for the other. Anybody else having this problem?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »
I've played around with various altitude filters, both Base FT and Top FT, and can't get the map to freeze.

Latest version seems okay to me - no problems.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:39:29 PM by tarbat »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #178 on: September 28, 2009, 05:11:58 PM »
Advanced Altitude filtering is workinmg fine for me, but I an having trouble with the altitude Quick Filter, using < and > - it's just not working - see pic.

Other quick filters using = seem to work fine.

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #179 on: September 28, 2009, 05:25:11 PM »
Rod, if its the same as the Dist quick filter, you'll need to put leading zeros on the altitude - so 08000 for 8000ft.