anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.05 Available  (Read 37364 times)

CAM

• http://www.planedaft.co.uk
Re: V3.05 Available
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2009, 08:17:58 PM »
Network update

I have run V3.06 since last night at 21:00 with network on and all seems fine, downloaded second version of 3.06 and now running with network on, will leave this now for a while to see if this has any issue.

V3.06 seems better on my issues, Abrad any joy at your end ?

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 08:20:27 PM by CAM »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »
You'll see on the screenshot the GAFMED flight ID for an A310. Twice now I have corrected the details in the aircraft table, including changing the ID to "10+25" - they stay there until I click the flight on the grid - it then updates the record with the Hungarian MIG data.

This is the only flight where I've seen this behaviour in recent versions of RB - I thought we'd got this one fixed!

Rod
Rod

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »
Ooooohhhhhhh! Now I'm jealous :-)

They were probably the ones who said they'd pay for it expressed interest, in the poll :)

RodBearden

« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2009, 09:13:15 PM »
If you read our posts on the poll thread, you'll see we're both sceptical about paying extra money for the real-time network.

I must admit that I am finding it rather tasty, though :-)

Rod
Rod

EMA

« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2009, 09:22:03 PM »
Was it not Allocator that said he was prepared to pay and he is not testing it.
Allegedly. :-)

Since retiring last month I now think hard about what I can spend my pennies on and when my network subscription expires next month it will be local flights only.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:24:54 PM by EMA »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2009, 10:07:00 PM »
Well, testing of the real-time network has been fun ;)  So many test conditions to consider where network aircraft transition to local flights, what effect different timeout settings have, etc. etc.  It's been a busy day!

But back to v3.06 - looks very stable. I ran the network for at least 14 hours solid today, and had no problems, and RB shut-down cleanly tonight as well.

I guess we just need to know if those having performance problems using the network can report good news or not.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2009, 10:10:33 PM »
You'll see on the screenshot the GAFMED flight ID for an A310. Twice now I have corrected the details in the aircraft table, including changing the ID to "10+25" - they stay there until I click the flight on the grid - it then updates the record with the Hungarian MIG data.

Rod, try entering data into the PT, LK, PT2, and LK2 fields.  I've found in the past that unless these are filled in, RB still tries to get new details for an aircraft.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2009, 10:12:25 PM »
Wasn't there an issue with "+" being in the registrations in the past?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2009, 12:01:25 AM »
Support - I think you're right, but I can't remember the details.

Tarbat - there were entries in those fields, and I didn't change or delete them - working on the basis that a different registration would force them to update, I think. The odd thing is that the panel says "Photo not available", but I've checked the link fields, and both of them lead to actual photos in Airliners.net.

Anyway, if this problem only applies to these German + codes, I don't think it's a show-stopper - the current release seems pretty good to me.

Rod
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:15:25 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2009, 02:35:17 AM »
Regarding the Real-Time network: we know it will create a huge discussion about paying/not paying. In simple terms we will maintain the delayed network as it is now / same price. What will change is the simple addition of real-time network at an extra price. Who wants it pays for it, who doesn't want it doesn't pay and keeps the current solution or no network at all. We believe this is the best way to help all users and support all the development work.

Rgd the rest we are correcting the pending problems.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2009, 05:08:30 AM »
Purple rain: we have re-checked the code and it is virtually impossible for that to happen (the code is very strict now on this part). Maybe it was a computer glitch, we make no idea, unfortunately. Any user pls confirm if this happens again.

Abrad41: the network problem has been corrected. Anyway pls confirm it doesn't happen there.

Allocator: we can't do anything regarding the on/off of such flights.

Rod: if that is not a show-stopper we would go ahead with this release to the public. Anyway we do confirm this only happens to registration having a "+". We believe the problem could also be airliners.net related. My question: can you find aircraft photos on airliners.net which registration has a +? We can't. Maybe you can help us with this and we would be happy to correct it.

So latest .exe below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/personal/anrb.exe

Please report any problem. We believe we are very closed to a public release. Please do your best and test this version to its maximum extents during the next 2 days.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2009, 06:23:35 AM »
The link to the new exe appears to be broken.

EMA

« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2009, 06:25:06 AM »
The latest exe beta link does not work for me.

abrad41

« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2009, 07:26:20 AM »
Cam & AirNav

CAM

« Reply #105 on: 23 September 2009, 20:17:58 » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Network update

I have run V3.06 since last night at 21:00 with network on and all seems fine, downloaded second version of 3.06 and now running with network on, will leave this now for a while to see if this has any issue.

V3.06 seems better on my issues, Abrad any joy at your end ?

Posted by: AirNav Development 
Insert Quote
Purple rain: we have re-checked the code and it is virtually impossible for that to happen (the code is very strict now on this part). Maybe it was a computer glitch, we make no idea, unfortunately. Any user pls confirm if this happens again.

Abrad41: the network problem has been corrected. Anyway pls confirm it doesn't happen there.

Sorry I go away on holiday today, so will not be able to test the network problem, also my subscription ran out last night @ 18:23.  Depending on the response from the other tester about the network problem, depends on weather I take out a new subscription for the next year, I will have a long think about it while on holiday. I will have my RB with me, but no internet connection.

Cheers

Andy

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2009, 07:35:37 AM »