AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.05 Available  (Read 37393 times)

EMA

Re: V3.05 Available
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2009, 08:50:28 PM »
Not having the closedown issue here.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »
I've not encountered the "encountered an error" problem.  And I've closed RB about 5-6 times this weekend, sometimes after many hours of running.

Anyone else?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2009, 09:53:16 PM »
When the "encountered an error" problem happens, pls create and send a screen shot to this topic.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2009, 10:50:30 PM »
I've not encountered the "encountered an error" problem.  And I've closed RB about 5-6 times this weekend, sometimes after many hours of running.

Anyone else?

I saw it once, out of maybe 10 stops/starts, as it was a once off I didn't bother reporting it.

RB had taken a really long to to shut down in that instance, and eventually crashed.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2009, 11:29:20 PM »
Our development team is taking care of this right now.
GlynH: can you confirm it happens always? If not what is the common frequency, 1 out of x?

prbflight

« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2009, 03:22:00 AM »
I get the following error message when I shut the software down after running it for an hour or more.

E-mail me if you want the .txt file.

Paul@cyyb

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2009, 04:24:36 AM »
Tks for the information Paul.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2009, 06:25:39 AM »
mmmm.... interesting.....

I just rebooted and restarted RB and all the settings were gone. I had to re-enter everything including the username & password, location alerts etc etc.

Maybe this is a good thing :)

Lets see what happens to my alerts now that RB has reset itself for some unknown reason!

GlynH

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2009, 06:49:19 AM »
mmmm.... interesting.....

I just rebooted and restarted RB and all the settings were gone. I had to re-enter everything including the username & password, location alerts etc etc.

Maybe this is a good thing :)

Lets see what happens to my alerts now that RB has reset itself for some unknown reason!

Yes I have seen this on more than one occasion and may have been tied in to the previous session being cancelled.

You know when you run the app and the Start requestor window opens with your username/password details and instead of clicking the Start box the Cancel box is clicked...when you then run the app the very next time all of the preferences/settings have disappeared.

Might this have been the case with you Peter?

I took to keeping all of my Alerts etc. in an Excel spreadsheet so it is easy to add/sort/maintain etc. and easy to import as a text file to populate when needed.

Regarding the closedown error Pauls screenshot is identical to mone.

I have already sent Aleksey the .txt file.

I must be feeling a little 'fragile' because when I see words like 'flawless' & 'rock solid' applied to software it makes my blood run cold...:-/

I only say this because RB can still bring my system to its knees.

I just watched Outlook crawling to send/receive messages and it took forever to attach the .txt file to Aleksey.

I exited RB - which incidentally did not display the Closedown error this time - and Outlook is back to its normal breakneck speed.

I was watching TaskManager and did not see any undue CPU activity but it was like wading through treacle.

Obviously if I am the only one then please do not spend any more time for the time being as the priority must be ot get the Public Beta out of the door...and of course it could be a machine specific thing and in any case I intend to build a new Core i7 machine when Windows 7 is released.

I can confirm the emailed log is working now though...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:29:46 AM by GlynH »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2009, 08:00:48 AM »
Yes I have seen this on more than one occasion and may have been tied in to the previous session being cancelled.

You know when you run the app and the Start requestor window opens with your username/password details and instead of clicking the Start box the Cancel box is clicked...when you then run the app the very next time all of the preferences/settings have disappeared.

Might this have been the case with you Peter?

No but its good to know :)

I start ANRB from a shortcut with "/connect" , so I don't get to interact with the logon box.

CAM

• http://www.planedaft.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2009, 09:57:48 AM »
I seem to be having issues with V3.05 after running for 36 hours +, the issues are as follows,
•   Repeat aircraft in my flights, see attached TC-SGH & PH-BFD
•   Non responsive from minimised in task bar, will maximise after time, but is then slow to respond and often goes into not responding
•   Aircraft disappear off map after switching process hardware flights on and off to update changes made in database
•   After an undefined period of time highlighted aircraft do not show their photo
•   Once loaded and gone to not responding, shutdown program it will not restart, from desktop icon
Is this the memory issue referred to in the last version ?

CAM

[attachment deleted by admin]

abrad41

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2009, 10:48:25 AM »
Cam

There seems to be something going on here, have you tried just running your local flights and turn off network. Read replys #15,18,20,21,22,23,26 and 31 below, then 38.

Hi

Quote from: abrad41 on Today at 10:16:27
For a third time, I have got the freezing of the aircraft on the screen and not able to select aircraft in my flights.

Does this still happen with the network download turned off?  I'm just trying to understand why I've never seen this happen.

I closed down the RB and after that it would not let me restart it, so I had to restart windows.

I now have it running again, but without network flights on, I am now off to work and I will leave it running until about 22.15, when I get home.

Just got home from work early, lucky me, the RB has now been running nearly 9hrs (without network turned on) and everything is working as it should be - I can only conlude that my problems are to do with the network.

EDIT, the whole program is working far better, quicker and how it should be running, without the network on. Seems to me the network is dragging everything down with it. This is a very stable version without the network on.

AirNav any thoughts

Andy

Cheers

Andy

CAM

• http://www.planedaft.co.uk
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2009, 11:27:22 AM »
Andy,

Ill give it a go without network, but it seems strange that only a couple of people are suffering the same effect, not sure I would release this to public beta as we pay for the network there are bound to be complaints.

CAM

abrad41

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »
Cam

I am running Vista Home, with a AMD phantom proccessor and 4GB of memory.
Kaspersky Security 2010.
UltraMon software for running dual screens.

I am just trying to find some comman ground with the problem.

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
I normally turn the network off most of the time, so may not have seen this problem.

I'll turn the network on for the rest of the day, and see if I encouter similar problems.