AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.05 Available  (Read 37376 times)

GlynH

Re: V3.05 Available
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »
Well its been running all day and it looks good here so far.

I am off out tonight so will leave it running and check it out tomorrow when I get back.

I did have problems with previous builds throwing an error when exiting after it had been running for 24+ hours so I will keep an eye out.

I don't want to tempt fate by saying it looks promising but it looks promising! ;^)

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

abrad41

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 07:41:07 PM »
Hi
Quote from: abrad41 on Today at 10:16:27
For a third time, I have got the freezing of the aircraft on the screen and not able to select aircraft in my flights.

Does this still happen with the network download turned off?  I'm just trying to understand why I've never seen this happen.

I closed down the RB and after that it would not let me restart it, so I had to restart windows.

I now have it running again, but without network flights on, I am now off to work and I will leave it running until about 22.15, when I get home.

Just got home from work early, lucky me, the RB has now been running nearly 9hrs (without network turned on) and everything is working as it should be - I can only conlude that my problems are to do with the network.

EDIT, the whole program is working far better, quicker and how it should be running, without the network on. Seems to me the network is dragging everything down with it. This is a very stable version without the network on.

AirNav any thoughts

Andy
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 08:01:25 PM by abrad41 »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2009, 08:46:30 PM »
EDIT, the whole program is working far better, quicker and how it should be running, without the network on. Seems to me the network is dragging everything down with it. This is a very stable version without the network on.

I've always found RB more "fluid" or "smoother" or whatever the right word is without the network turned on.  It does struggle to download 1000+ aircraft, process them, put them on the map, etc.  For 5-10 seconds it struggles a bit.  Although I've never seen significant errors, just "sluggishness".

That's not a problem when you're just watching aircraft, etc.  So, I normally turn the network off when using menus, etc.

I wish Airnav would reconsider my idea of giving the end-user the option of only downloading the aircraft that are in view on the map, to reduce the download and processing overheads.   Maybe something for v4.

On a positive note, I find this v3.05 stable and, in my opinion, ready for public beta.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:15:04 PM by tarbat »

prbflight

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
Latest beta running nearly 24 hours and seems flawless except I can't send e-mail alerts or reports.  Is this due to the beta or other mail issue's you've changed on your end?

Other then e-mail this beta seems rock solid.  Well done AirNav.

Paul@cyyb

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 01:07:31 AM »
This is all good news. :-)

"I wish Airnav would reconsider my idea of giving the end-user the option of only downloading the aircraft that are in view on the map, to reduce the download and processing overheads.   Maybe something for v4."

Tarbat that one would totally change the way the application interacts with the server and requires a lot of background work. We will consider it for a future version but totally impossible for now.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 01:24:27 AM »
"A long standing problem which I'd given up on hoping it would be fixed.  Never turn the network off when the network countdown timer is near 30 seconds or 1 second.  It gets confused.  I always wait until around the 10-20 second mark."

We will have a look at this one today.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 03:54:25 AM »
Tarbat that one would totally change the way the application interacts with the server and requires a lot of background work. We will consider it for a future version but totally impossible for now.

Indeed - I've also thought it would be nice to only download flights that I have "filtered" - e.g. "NM < 1000" for example, but then I realised when I navigate around the world map, what network flights would I receive? - probably none if the filter remained in effect.

Great idea, but sounds like it needs a good deal of thought/design to achieve.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 03:56:03 AM »
Other then e-mail this beta seems rock solid.  Well done AirNav.

Ack, except for the alerts this one seems to be pretty solid :)

abrad41

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 07:34:54 AM »
Good morning

I believe that v3.5 should be released to the public as a beta too. Its rock solid apart from the problem I have got with the network. I had a thought last night, I installed "Kaspersky Internet Security 2010" about a month or two again, this could prehaps be causing my problems.
At the moment I will use RB without the network and when I get time I will uninstall "Kaspersky" and try using AVG again to see if this will make a difference.

AirNav, when I have done this, I will let you know if this makes any difference, might just help people if there is a problem with this software. I am off on holiday next thurs for a couple of weeks, so will proberly try this when I get back.

AirNav, Thank you again for all your hard work.

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 08:30:22 AM »
Don't know if this is a new problem or not.  Selecting an aircraft in Fleet Watch that is a network flight doesn't autopopulate.

You have to find the aircraft in the network view to autopopulate it.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 08:49:06 AM »
I don't think that autopopulate did ever work from the Fleet Watch window, only from the 'proper' lists?

prbflight

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2009, 03:02:32 PM »
All e-mail and alert problems are now working again.  Great work!

Paul@cyyb

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »
Auto-populate is not supposed to work from FleetWatch/SmartView. We can add this in the future.

GlynH

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2009, 08:16:42 PM »
I have to say it looks OK here also apart from after closing the app after it has been running a while when I get the anrb.exe has encountered an error window pop up.

Has anyone else seen this or am I the odd one out again?

The email alerts started flowing @ 3:00am this morning so I would have missed the Auto-Report but I have had some 107 Flight In Range, Mode-S & Registration Alerts - none of them dupes.

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

prbflight

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2009, 08:48:02 PM »
I have to say it looks OK here also apart from after closing the app after it has been running a while when I get the anrb.exe has encountered an error window pop up.

Has anyone else seen this or am I the odd one out again?

The email alerts started flowing @ 3:00am this morning so I would have missed the Auto-Report but I have had some 107 Flight In Range, Mode-S & Registration Alerts - none of them dupes.

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Hi Glyn

Yes I just tested closing down ANRB and I also got the 'encountered an error' message.  This also happened to me last night when I exited the program. Other then that this release seems solid.  Can other's check to see if they are having this glitch?

Paul@cyyb
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:53:43 PM by prbflight »