anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav ShipTrax - Something Totally New  (Read 67999 times)

marcdeklerk

Re: AirNav ShipTrax - Something Totally New
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »
update please airnav

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 07:45:52 PM »
Project is a little delayed. We signed the contract for the 150 first units that should be delivered by mid August. Software 90% finished and looks amazing. At AirNav we are all aviation "freaks", some of us aviation professionals too but we are getting more interest on the ship spotting/ship industry. :-)

BobR

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 11:22:54 PM »
Thanks for the update. I live beside the river Tyne in Newcastle Upon Tyne (UK) and my father is an ex old-salt who loves computers - what better gift!

marcdeklerk

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »
thanks, I am also an aviation crazy guy.. fly them aswell.. shipping would be a cool next step for me.. looking forward

wheeler

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »
Hi
I would be very interested in shiptrax would it be a sort of setup like RB will we have to buy the setup as a full package..i would like to use it here in the Island of Guernsey as we are not too far from the French coast and we get lots of Cruise Liners here in the Summer please keep us informed
wheeler

IVY

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:26 AM »
I would like to be able to import my own maps and delete your charts if you are going to use the "approximate" map as in RB. It would be very unrealistic for ships to sail over dry land on harbour approaches which I'm sure will happen if the RB type of connected straight line drawing was used. A link to Earth Browser would be a great help.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2012, 07:23:48 AM »
I would like to be able to import my own maps and delete your charts if you are going to use the "approximate" map as in RB. It would be very unrealistic for ships to sail over dry land on harbour approaches which I'm sure will happen if the RB type of connected straight line drawing was used. A link to Earth Browser would be a great help.

ShipTrax uses OSM maps as standard.

The only AIS targets I've ever seen on land are SAR helicopters, and one case of a boat being transported on a road trailer with it's AIS transmitter left turned on!!!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 07:29:27 AM by tarbat »