AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quick Network question?  (Read 2572 times)

GlynH

Quick Network question?
« on: September 16, 2009, 09:08:57 AM »
Having said many tiimes that I never use the network feature I find myself giving it a try as a friend of mine is interested in RadarBox and wanted to see how many aircraft he could expect to see over his QTH so I turned it on and repositioned the map yesterday to show him.

On checking this morning I find more aircraft listed under MyFlights than under the Network tab.

How so?

Surely if I am feeding the network as I always do then there should be at least as many aircraft showing in Network than MyFlights...

Thinking about the 5-minute delay I watched the screen for @ 15 minutes and at no time did the Network tab drop below that of MyFlights - sometimes it came pretty close with 624 aircraft in MyFlights and 599 in Network.

Surely it should always be the other way around even if no-one else were feeding the network and it was just me alone which is highly unlikely?

Example screenshot here;

http://www.screencast.com/t/YIo6WuSsN

Curiouser & curiouser...unless I have missed something fundamental?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Quick Network question?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »
You local aircraft don't appear in the Network tab as well.  Radarbox ensures that if the aircraft is in MyFlights, it doesn't get listed under Network.

For me, currently 949 aircraft in Network, 16 in MyFlights.  So 965 in total.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:16:47 AM by tarbat »

itestoo

• Radarvirtuel
Re: Quick Network question?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 11:07:13 AM »
Hi Glyn
If you want your local data you can export from 7879 and 30003 port on googlemaps api, like me in France, i can see my local flight and other friends with 5 minutes delay
www.radarvirtuel.com/googlemaps
Regard's
Laurent