AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aircraft label question?  (Read 7205 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Aircraft label question?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »
Just a correction we never stated it would be in the next version regarding multi monitor support. We said it would be looked at for future versions. We also explained the complexity behind it and that the GUI would need to be rewritten.

Every suggestion for RadarBox is noted but it does go through a cost analysis. Those customers who continually repeat there demands need to understand this and realise we are listening but there is only so much we can fit it in each update.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »
Airnav, with the greatest respect, and at the risk of being excommunicated once more, maybe if you concentrated on the important (and requested) issues, and spent less effort, time and money on things that weren't specifically asked for (for example, 3D), you could divert more of your resources to producing updates which were timely.  As it is, we've been waiting since January for this latest update, which seems to be delayed every time you announce the proximity of a release date, so it looks like a popular refinement such as multi-screen monitor support is eons away.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 06:43:15 PM »
Deadcalm,

3D has had no affect whatsoever on RB development as the project on that only recently started with developers working on the 3D side who weren't on RB development in the first place.

We did apologise for the delays earlier this year (that was nothing to do with RB 3D) and once we started fully we have been in closed and public beta since. This is to iron out issues and we will  continue with that untill the testers are happy. If that means another month longer or few months, then so be it.

Since version 1 has been released we have added dozens of suggestions from customers. If adding the multi monitor support was easy it would have been done.

Again we have to go back the cost analysis of each suggestion. If we do add one it gets quickly forgotten and the "norm" and the one we missed we get moaned about. We are in a hard position :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »
Is there any chance that the endless demands for multi-monitor support be kept to just one thread about that requirement.

I'm sure I'm not the only one getting fed up with threads being diverted onto this request again.

I thought this thread was meant to be about aircraft labels.  I have an interest in what changes might be possible to aircraft labels.  Can we keep on topic?

GlynH

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 08:43:18 AM »
Just a correction we never stated it would be in the next version regarding multi monitor support. We said it would be looked at for future versions. We also explained the complexity behind it and that the GUI would need to be rewritten.

Sorry Chris...but AirNav have a very selective memory.

I wonder how you would feel if the roles were reversed and it was you who ended up spending in excess of £1000 on the promise of a feature that you had said would be a showstopper?

Don't forget this thread here was before I even purchased my RadarBox in July 2008;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1099.msg8572#msg8572

I got so fed up with ANRB that I stopped using it last September and only started using it again @ March/April this year when I read about the promise of an incredible update to the software.

I appreciate however that some of you may be fed up with 'endless demands for multi-monitor support' if that is how you see it so with that in mind I thank you for your suggestions regarding labels and am locking this thread to prevent it descending into a bun fight.

Again.

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-