AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UK ATC sectors on ANRB  (Read 17521 times)

sandhl

UK ATC sectors on ANRB
« on: September 10, 2009, 10:59:35 AM »
Found an ATC sectors map for the UK on the NATS  website

Web page is:
http://www.nats.co.uk/uploads/LACC_MAP%20MARCH%20AIRAC%20V3.pdf

When you open page up, you can click on hyperlinks on the map to look at particular sectors in detail and see their frequencies. There are also Area maps (e.g. if you click on hyperlink "Lakes(S3, S4, S7)"  which gives the longitude and latitude co-ords for the sector boundary.

A couple of questions:

1. Has anyone managed to create a UK ATC sectors overlay to go over the map in the ANRB software?
2. If not, given that these maps  give you co-ordinates for sector boundaries, what is best way to create overlays WITH labels to show the frequency for the sector?
3. Can the Airnav development team try to add these sector boundaries into the 3D version of ANRB?

All feedback welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: UK ATC sectors on ANRB
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »
1. Has anyone managed to create a UK ATC sectors overlay to go over the map in the ANRB software?

Aren't they included in the UK Airspace outlines at http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/SBS/Utilities/Kinetic_Utilities2_Outlines.htm

leading light

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 05:20:05 PM »
The LAC sector map on the NATS site is a bit out of date being 2007.  Since then the Central resectorisation has occured which has added S24 and changed some of the adjacent DFLs. 

But back to your original point  I agree it would be good to add a sector overlay to the display.

Regards,
LL

sandhl

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 05:42:35 PM »
Leading Light do you (or anyone else) know where the latest sector maps and their respective frequencies can be found?

ACW367

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 04:03:45 AM »
If you can't find them online, you could always request them to be sent to you under the FOI act from the CAA.

I am a civil servant heavily involved in FOI releases, this request should be met in full.

You will find an online request form at this link.
http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=286&pagetype=90&pageid=4077

sandhl

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 06:27:13 AM »
So that they send me the right thing what shall i request for exactly?
how long does it take to get these requests processed?

thanks

ACW367

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 02:17:35 PM »
You should send them the link to the current webpage, explain that it is out of date and that you would like to recieve under FOI the latest LACC and ScACC sectorisation maps which include all sector changes implemented since 2007.  Also directly request the coordinates of each sectors boundaries.

FOI requests should be answered within 20 working days (ie four weeks max). You don't need to put any reason why you want them, just that you want them.  Further details are given on the link I sent you.
For further background reading you may wish to look at the guideance to civil servants on how to handle requests. These are contained on this website http://www.foi.gov.uk/guidance/proguide/index.htm

bailey_uk

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 02:17:34 PM »
hey folks, great thread - ive been wondering this for years!

Did we get any closer to finding an updated version? I have scanned the whole Nats Website and cant seem to find it anywhere. How did you find the LACC Sectorisation Map in the first place mate?

James
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 03:23:13 PM »
Sorry for the basic question but do you put ATC outlines with the airport outlines in the outlines folder.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »
Think most of what your after is already available via http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=4&Itemid=11.html

You could use that info to create your own map based on a few of theirs.
Cornwall, UK

sandhl

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 09:53:52 PM »
Dave which are the relevant ENR's you are referring to on the nats website link you posted?

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 10:15:42 PM »
Dave which are the relevant ENR's you are referring to on the nats website link you posted?

Depends on what you want and what you want to do with them, I'd suggest looking over them all as some interesting stuff.    Have to say I primary use it for military information.

If your looking for something you can drop into Airnav then there is nothing, but there is enough information if you want to build your own map for Airnav RB or for just printing large scale on the wall.

But as an example of a foundation map to add to:

ENR 6.2.0  Shows Freq for either London or Scottish FIS

The original map you posted is one you could use and update from info within the link above.  Trouble is no one ENR will give you all the information but using your map as a starting point it maybe eaiser.

What would be good is if that one you posted was updated and then the basic overlay was created for Radarbox.  If i had the time I'd give it a go, but as I know there is no chance of me finding the time required :-(

Possible Airnav could look at this as a good aid for UK RB users?  Those chaps must have some inside contacts ?

Cornwall, UK

sandhl

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:03:52 PM »
I think what is needed is some sort of 3D map in GoogleEarth which would work quite well with Airnav 3D or even the output from planeplotter via its Google Earth module.

Dave, I had a look at ENR 6.2 but still could not see exactly how you would create this UK ATC overlay from it. Can you perhaps provide an example. I may have a go if you can show me how to do it.

DaveG

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 10:33:24 PM »
You can't make an overlay from any of then directly.  But some of the ENR documents have lat/lon's as an example look at ENR2.1

First thing you need to ask is:  Do you know how to create a map for use within RB with borders based on lat/lon co-ords, if not then that's your first learning curve.  I'm sure there are google pages with how to do this some where, if not on a few v-radar forums.

Maybe an easy way to start is use something like "Jordan's Outline Maker" Google it, and this tool used with google maps you can create either outlines of airfields or maps with sectors / airways etc.

Cornwall, UK

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
I wrote a little guide to outlining with Jordans - it's available on Allocator's Utilities website downloads page : http://radarbox.gofreeserve.com/index.html

HTH

Rod
Rod