anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.04 Available  (Read 26501 times)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: V3.04 Available
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2009, 07:04:15 AM »
I've noticed with the new v3.04 beta that there are varying delays from when the aircraft is first tracked and the time it appears on the radar screen.

In the example video here, British Air (BAW10) appears in the left pane, then about 1.5 minutes later I hear it overhead (display shows 0.6nm away) then just over 4 minutes after I started the recording it appears on the radar screen!!!!

http://www.petermcgrath.info/mv/Video_2009-09-12_165208.wmv

Something seriously wrong here. The times vary but it is happening often...

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2009, 07:39:32 AM »
What happens if you double-click on the aircraft - does the map try to centre on the aircraft that's missing, or does an error message appear at the bottom of the screen?

I've tried to reproduce pjm's problem, but can't.  Anyone else seen this problem?  I find that if an aircraft has a distance shown in the aircraft list, it always appears on the map, immediately.

Here's an example, cycling through all aircraft displaying distance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHIYsFJ0P0

I wonder if this is connected in some way to the alerts problem you're having.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:44:40 AM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2009, 07:42:32 AM »
I've noticed with the new v3.04 beta that there are varying delays from when the aircraft is first tracked and the time it appears on the radar screen.

In the example video here, British Air (BAW10) appears in the left pane, then about 1.5 minutes later I hear it overhead (display shows 0.6nm away) then just over 4 minutes after I started the recording it appears on the radar screen!!!!

http://www.petermcgrath.info/mv/Video_2009-09-12_165208.wmv

Something seriously wrong here. The times vary but it is happening often...

The problem with your recording is that you haven't got the tracking 'globe' symbol showing in the aircraft list, so you can't tell if there is good position information coming from the aircraft.  Do the same thing again with the 'Tracking' option selected in Preferences.

Edit: The dist/bearing suggests that the position information is there though?

Another Edit: Hmmm.. I see what you mean - no ideas at the moment, I haven't seen this.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:50:15 AM by Allocator »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2009, 07:46:26 AM »
New bug - I don't see the double-headed arrow cursor when hovering over the divider between the list and the map.  It is still possible to drag the divider to change the size of the map/list, but only if you know that you can :-)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2009, 07:51:55 AM »
New bug - I don't see the double-headed arrow cursor when hovering over the divider between the list and the map.

Restart Radarbox, and the double-headed arrow cursor and precision select cursors re-appear.  There must be something that's turning these off once Radarbox has been up and running for a while.  I've been trying some tests to see what causes this.

EDIT: Using the Airport Locate button causes the special cursors to dissapear.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:54:37 AM by tarbat »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »
The problem with your recording is that you haven't got the tracking 'globe' symbol showing in the aircraft list, so you can't tell if there is good position information coming from the aircraft.  Do the same thing again with the 'Tracking' option selected in Preferences.

I think I have the tracking option on - unfortunately I had to chop off the left part of the screen to capture the radar screen - faststone wouldn't capture then entire 3960 pixel wide screen real estate across my 2 monitors here.

the "tracking" tickbox is checked in preferences (actually ALL boxes are checked).

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2009, 08:00:42 AM »
pjm, any chance this could be a dual-monitor problem?  Can you try running RB on a single monitor, and see if the problem presists.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2009, 08:04:25 AM »
What happens if you double-click on the aircraft - does the map try to centre on the aircraft that's missing, or does an error message appear at the bottom of the screen?

Yes - that all works fine, the problem I'm having is random, its a hit and miss thing, and the times to first display are different :(

fwiw its not happening now....

http://www.petermcgrath.info/mv/Video_2009-09-12_180048.wmv

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »
New bug - I don't see the double-headed arrow cursor when hovering over the divider between the list and the map. 

yes - I have that problem too...

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 08:06:40 AM »
Yes - that all works fine, the problem I'm having is random, its a hit and miss thing, and the times to first display are different :(

When you say "that all works fine", which?  Does the display centre on the invisible aircraft, or does an error message appear at the bottom of the screen?

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2009, 08:06:45 AM »
pjm, any chance this could be a dual-monitor problem?  Can you try running RB on a single monitor, and see if the problem presists.

Pretty sure RB knows nothing about the 2 monitors - Its just one big screen to RB.

The ATI windows drivers make it all transparent to the application.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2009, 08:36:27 AM »
When you say "that all works fine", which?  Does the display centre on the invisible aircraft, or does an error message appear at the bottom of the screen?

Sorry - I missed the "invisible" bit.

Same thing as clicking on a plane with no ADS-B data - nothing happens - no error message, nothing.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »
Strange.  I would expect it to either centre on the invisible aircraft, or put up an error message, like "Flight does not have position information".  You are double-clicking?

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2009, 09:21:31 AM »
Strange.  I would expect it to either centre on the invisible aircraft, or put up an error message, like "Flight does not have position information".  You are double-clicking?

What is strange is the the flights DO have positional information, even to the extent that RB can calculate correctly the distance from the home location, it is just not visually displayed on the radar screen for some random period (like 4 minutes in the example here before)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:24:25 AM by pjm »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2009, 09:39:14 AM »
What is strange is the the flights DO have positional information, even to the extent that RB can calculate correctly the distance from the home location, it is just not visually displayed on the radar screen for some random period (like 4 minutes in the example here before)

Which is why we need to know what error message, if any, appears when you double click on the aircraft in MyFlights.

Are you saying that you don't even get the "Flight does not have position information" error message when you double-click on a non-ADS/B aircraft?