AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mylog reliable?  (Read 2041 times)

Frank

Mylog reliable?
« on: September 07, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »
Yesterday I had some doubts about the reliability of the Mylog database. After Tarbat mentioned that the new entries of aircrafts were (sometimes) made after they timed out, I noticed on several occasions that this was indeed the case. However...

This morning I have tested again this 3.03 beta and have come to other conclusions. I think there is a problem with this database (at least with my setup!). I have attached two pictures of an aircraft (G-EUPR). This aircraft was on my grid in Myflights, but is nowhere to be found in either Mylog or Reporter of today. I have studied some other flights with exactly the same behaviour, so it is not an isolated event.

I hope I am the only one with this problem, but would appreciate if you could confirm this

Frank

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Mylog reliable?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 01:21:20 PM »
I'll try testing this today.  I'll take the log from Planeplotter and compare it to MyLog.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 02:36:02 PM »
How frequently does this happen?

I've run a test for just over 4 hours now, and compared the log from Planeplotter to the ANRB MyLog.  No Flights missing from MyLog.

One caveat - I'm running a beta Aleksey sent me yesterday, and that has some changes to MyLog processing (for routes).  So might not be a valid comparison.  And of course, port 30003 may also be missing the flights for all I know!!

A couple of questions:
1. What timeout settings for local flights are you using?
2. How do you manage to spot the flights that are missing from MyLog!!?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:38:57 PM by tarbat »

Frank

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 07:26:56 PM »

A couple of questions:
1. What timeout settings for local flights are you using?
2. How do you manage to spot the flights that are missing from MyLog!!?

1. timeout settings are 30/60
2. I pick them at random. So I just pick out a flight, click on 'Show mylog entries' and look whether there has a new entry been made in the MyLog database. When there has a new entry been made all is ok, but if not, I track the flight and look afterwards  ( after the aircraft has timed out) whether a new entry has been made or not.

Your first question how frequently this happens is hard to answer: I simply don't know, because I then will have to track all myflights.

Maybe 'my 'problem is caused by the fact, that the updating process of the database is not fast enough. I have attached a picture of what I mean. Take a good look at the 'last time' and the system time of my computer. There is a difference of 20-25 minutes. The updating process runs behind....
The longer I run the program, the larger this difference gets. This afternoon, before I stopped the application, the difference was about 2,5 hours. So that's not normal I guess or is it then.

Frank

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 07:56:04 PM »
The longer I run the program, the larger this difference gets. This afternoon, before I stopped the application, the difference was about 2,5 hours. So that's not normal I guess or is it then.

That doesn't look normal.  My updates happen immediately.

Do you have a lot of flights in MyLog?  Does anything update when you press F5 in MyLog?

Frank

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:01:41 PM »
[

Do you have a lot of flights in MyLog?  Does anything update when you press F5 in MyLog?

17023 to be precise. When I press F5 the time updates and some flights are added

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 08:22:59 PM »
Sorry, I'm out of ideas.  Maybe try removing old flights and see if things improve - allthough 17,000 flights isn't excessive.  At one point I had over 10,000 aircraft with over 80,000 flights without problems.

I've recently started deleting old flights to improve performance.  I keep the aircraft, but delete flights older than 3 months.

Frank

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 08:33:07 PM »
Thanks for the effort Tarbat, I will give it a try

Frank

Frank

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 08:09:00 AM »
A bit of an update.

I have reinstalled Beta version 3.02 (second exe) and 'my' problem has gone. No time delay whatsoever between the Last Time Entry in MyLog and the Systemtime of my machine. I have picked dozens flights at random, but all entries are made correctly in de MyLog Dbase.

I have not deleted any records, flights or aircrafts BTW, only reinstalled the ANRB.exe 3.02 version.

Returning to Beta 3.03 and 'my' problem is back again, so there is something not right there (at least for my setup!).

But I wonder whether I am the only one with this problem. Tarbat mentioned that he had noticed that some entries were made after the Aircraft had timed out. When I observe this in beta version 3.02 I have noticed that a new entry in the MyLog dbase is made as soon as the Aircraft appears on the grid for the first time. But as he has mentioned as well: he is using a different Beta...

Frank