anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox Network Uptime Stats - Aug 2009  (Read 8937 times)

radarspotter10

Re: RadarBox Network Uptime Stats - Aug 2009
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 02:10:16 PM »

EMA - you will only see it in the Beta version.

I am using the beta version.

hi.
Beta

"Beta" is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to users for software testing before its official release. It is the prototype of the software that is released to the public. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.
no comment from pat

Fenris

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 02:32:46 PM »

So are you saying you never see the problem with v3.01?

It happens to me on the same connection where v2.01 network flights are completely stable.

Since it is down to a strict timeout, I would expect everyone using this beta version to see the problem some of the time at least.

EMA

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »

hi.
Beta

"Beta" is a nickname for software which has passed the alpha testing stage of development and has been released to users for software testing before its official release. It is the prototype of the software that is released to the public. Beta testing allows the software to undergo usability testing with users who provide feedback, so that any malfunctions these users find in the software can be reported to the developers and fixed. Beta software can be unstable and could cause crashes or data loss.
no comment from pat

Hi Pat

I am not sure if that response was for me if so I know what beta is, I am beta testing for Airnav ;-)

I am still running more than one version of the beta on separate systems and we do see different issues that is the reason for the testing. What I am saying is that WE don't all see the same problem.

In Airnav's defence they do listen to feedback and are actively solving the current problems.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 02:40:51 PM »
Not exactly correct Fenris.

The issue was we had a strict timeout but if your net connection was good all the time and our server was happy as well it can download well before the timeout phase is reached.

It was when the download time takes longer than the timeout that the issue appears. Hence why a lot of customers haven't noticed it being on very fast connections.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

EMA

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 02:44:38 PM »

So are you saying you never see the problem with v3.01?

Since it is down to a strict timeout, I would expect everyone using this beta version to see the problem some of the time at least.

Hi Fenris

I think Airnav have answered this for you, in my case a have a 20MB broadband connection  so the download did not take longer than the timeout.

Fenris

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 04:55:36 PM »
Not exactly correct Fenris.

The issue was we had a strict timeout but if your net connection was good all the time and our server was happy as well it can download well before the timeout phase is reached.

It was when the download time takes longer than the timeout that the issue appears. Hence why a lot of customers haven't noticed it being on very fast connections.

The speed of the connection is not the governing factor, it's the latency that can affect you. That latency can be due to any link in the chain, so it could be down to contention local to you, between two of the nodes in the link, or even at the server if it's handling many connections.

But I'm sure you know all that, the real point of this is that the fix is simply to not timeout the network traffic if a single refresh (or a small number) is missed, which is likely to be the fix that has been applied.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 05:09:31 PM »

The speed of the connection is not the governing factor, it's the latency that can affect you. That latency can be due to any link in the chain, so it could be down to contention local to you, between two of the nodes in the link, or even at the server if it's handling many connections.

But I'm sure you know all that, the real point of this is that the fix is simply to not timeout the network traffic if a single refresh (or a small number) is missed, which is likely to be the fix that has been applied.

That is correct :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »
Totally correct Fenris.